Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

New process for booking "resorts and luxury hotels" via phone channels

Old May 29, 19, 10:20 pm
Moderator, Delta Skymiles and Mileage Run
Original Poster

Programs: DL Diamond, Hyatt Diamond, former AS MVPG 75K, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold

Called in tonight to redeem a globalist certificate at a Thompson property. The typical Hyatt agent could not book it, and said she would transferred me to the "resorts desk"

Apparently 3 weeks ago they had a re-org, and a new desk books all "resorts and luxury hotels". This includes any hotels with a resort or "destination" fee, all Park Hyatt, Andaz, Thompson, Joie De Vivre and a few more upcoming chains per the phone rep.

What was frustrating was waiting on hold for 10 mins waiting to be transferred to this new desk. I was advised the benefit of this new desk is that they want a more personalized service and higher touch for these luxury hotels. I have only stayed at a few Joie De Vivre hotels in my time, both prior to the acquisition - the Citizen Sacramento I would consider a high end Sacramento hotel, where as the wild palms in Sunnyvale is the complete opposite of luxury, a complete dump.

There is a new phone number to reach this group directly: 1-800-554-9288
Old May 29, 19, 10:31 pm

You can still book online though, right? Or, your concierge can do it?
Old May 29, 19, 10:31 pm
Hyatt 10+ BadgeFour Seasons 5+ Badge

Programs: QF WP (OWE), VA PLAT, EY GLD, SPG PLAT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton DIA, Hertz PC
How bizarre. Unless they have shifted former Private Line/My Hyatt Concierges to also handle high value reservations?
Old May 29, 19, 10:40 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
I recently booked a PH through my My Hyatt Concierge and didn't hear anything about the reorganization. I also booked a couple PH stays on the Hyatt website and asked my My Hyatt Concierge to apply TSUs (successfully). For the property booked by phone, my My Hyatt Concierge knew exactly what I wanted, so this was much more convenient that dealing with some random new luxury/resort specialty phone agent.

Did someone let the MBA intern out of his/her cage again?
59Impala and strickerj like this.
Old May 29, 19, 11:01 pm
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeHyatt 10+ Badge

Programs: QF WP (OWE), VA PLAT, EY GLD, SPG PLAT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton DIA, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist View Post
Did someone let the MBA intern out of his/her cage again?
This wins FT today. Possibly this month.
59Impala and strickerj like this.
Old May 29, 19, 11:28 pm
Moderator, Delta Skymiles and Mileage Run
Original Poster

Programs: DL Diamond, Hyatt Diamond, former AS MVPG 75K, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by VegasGambler View Post
You can still book online though, right? Or, your concierge can do it?
Yes, you can still book online, this was just for a phone booking. Agree very bizarre. My first thought that this was to justify the "Destination Fee"

I don't use a concierge due to my general frustration with them and the problems they have created for me. (Discussed on the concierge thread). Normally I just book the certificates online, but I have found if you have multiple certificates it will not pull the certificate that expires first, instead pulling the one that expires last, so I only called to have them confirm and deal with that.
Old May 30, 19, 5:59 pm

Programs: PC Platinum Ambassador, Hyatt Diamond
I posted about this about 2 weeks ago in the DSU thread. Really obnoxious change.

Search this Thread