Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Centric Victoria Harbour Hong Kong REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 28, 2019, 7:00 am
Original Poster

Just a year after the Hotel Vic opened, it will be rebranded as a Hyatt Centric: https://www.businesstraveller.com/ac...hyatt-centric/.

I like this hotel. Will be able to get World of Hyatt credits here soon. Yay!
Old May 28, 2019, 8:19 am

Interesting choice of brand - there is nothing “centric” or “heart of the action” about the location. Great news nonetheless.
Old May 28, 2019, 8:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Fingers crossed that the conversion is quick - I could really use a Cat. 4 in Hong Kong in September. ShaTin is just too far away...
luvFclass likes this.
Old May 28, 2019, 10:04 am

So for someone visiting HK for the first time, is this hotel NOT in a particularly good location?
Old May 28, 2019, 11:47 am

Originally Posted by craigthemif
Fingers crossed that the conversion is quick - I could really use a Cat. 4 in Hong Kong in September. ShaTin is just too far away...
Hoping too, but doubt this will be a Cat 4.
Old May 28, 2019, 11:56 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: CX Diamond, AA exExPlat, BAEC exGold, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Starriott Titanium, GE
665 is way too big for a Centric. I thought it would be more fitting as an HR, but oh well.

SHK is just average as a hotel operator, from my pov as a local HKer. It is certainly not going to be anything like the Ginza Centric.

My bet is it will be a cat 4. (Very much in line with how the other Hyatts in HK are currently set up.)

North Point has a pretty bad reputation amongst the older generation of HKers, but the view will certainly appeal to those who care less - in fact the condos next door are among one of the most expensive ones ever being sold in HK (or globally?)

It's going to be around 5-10 minutes walk to North Point MTR station (no shelter)
Old May 28, 2019, 4:57 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Ambassador/LTP, Nat'l Exec Elite, LEYE Gold
Originally Posted by lighthouse206
So for someone visiting HK for the first time, is this hotel NOT in a particularly good location?
Definitely wouldn't recommend this area for a first-time visit -- either stay somewhere right near TST (Tsim Sha Tsui) for the classic Kowloon vibe + view across the harbor, or in Central. Plenty of discussion in the Hyatt Regency Tsim Sha Tsui thread about the merits of that hotel versus the Grand Hyatt (including location, etc.).

That said, once you know your way around HK, I wouldn't have a problem staying here if it were significantly cheaper than other options & not too inconvenient... seems like reasonably easy access to the North Point MTR stop which is ~15 min from Central.
Old May 28, 2019, 5:01 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Ambassador/LTP, Nat'l Exec Elite, LEYE Gold
Originally Posted by G-CIVC
It's going to be around 5-10 minutes walk to North Point MTR station (no shelter)
More like 2-3 min to get into the station -- there's an entrance at approx 120 Java Road.
Old May 28, 2019, 7:33 pm

Originally Posted by lighthouse206
It’s definitely not a good location for first time tourists using public transport. The only upside I can think of regarding its location is the close proximity of the entrance/ exit of the Central Wan Chai bypass which can get you to Wan Chai (where the GH is located) and Central in a matter of minutes from the hotel by car/ cab.
Old Jul 31, 2019, 7:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
https://www.hyatt.com/en-US/hotel/ch...ong-kong/hkgct

28 August, 2019 the reflag goes live. Award Category 4.

Not bookable yet however.
Old Jul 31, 2019, 5:44 pm

Noticed that they have a lounge! I think it'd be the first lounge that they have in a Centric, currently called the Victoria Harbour Lounge.
Old Aug 2, 2019, 9:04 am

Programs: UA Premier Gold (*G), IHG Platinum & Hyatt Discoverist
Excellent to have a new Hyatt option in Hong Kong.

Have booked stays in October and December.

Hopefully they will allow Explorists to use Club Access Awards here.

The pool looks good too.

Last edited by Coathanger; Aug 2, 2019 at 9:43 am
Old Aug 2, 2019, 7:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL, OZ, AC, AS, AA, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG
What's the cash rate going to be like?
Old Aug 3, 2019, 8:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Originally Posted by lsquare
What's the cash rate going to be like?
Hi,

For example for a 5 night stay ( Mon-Fri 9 to 13 Sep) Member prepaid rate from HKG $1020 pn ( plus 10% service charge) prepaid non refundable. Std rate HKG$1200 . Suite HKG $2770

Regards

TBS
lsquare likes this.
Old Aug 3, 2019, 1:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL, OZ, AC, AS, AA, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG
Originally Posted by The _Banking_Scot
Hi,

For example for a 5 night stay ( Mon-Fri 9 to 13 Sep) Member prepaid rate from HKG $1020 pn ( plus 10% service charge) prepaid non refundable. Std rate HKG$1200 . Suite HKG $2770

Regards

TBS
That seems like a pretty reasonable price for the property. I stayed at an Ibis in North Point and I thought the area was fine. I feel North Point is more authentic than TST, but that's me.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.