Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hotel 50 Bowery NYC (Joie de Vivre) REVIEW- MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hotel 50 Bowery NYC (Joie de Vivre) REVIEW- MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Mar 29, 2021, 6:33 pm

Programs: AA EXP, BA Gold, VS Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Kacee
Ah, I didn't realize that. If they market that perk, they should provide it, regardless of COVID.
They probably will provide it, just on request rather than by default.

That was their approach in ~October 2020 anyway.
Old Mar 30, 2021, 4:57 am

Some updates:

- Hotel provided robes and slippers upon request. One of the more unique robes too - big dragon on the back haha. Front desk said they were removed from rooms to save on costs. Feels a bit strange but so goes things during covid.
- Their setup from Work From Hyatt is great. It’s not just another room or random area on the 2nd floor social space like most hotels but a separate room that’s been converted into an office. Complete with a comfy gaming chair, printer, fridge, sitting area with rug and chairs.
- Funny thing is there are no weight scales either for in room use or in the gym. I guess I can pause my diet now :-)
CoffeeTraveler likes this.
Old Mar 30, 2021, 6:51 am

Programs: AA EXP, BA Gold, VS Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by olouie
Some updates:

- Hotel provided robes and slippers upon request. One of the more unique robes too - big dragon on the back haha. Front desk said they were removed from rooms to save on costs. Feels a bit strange but so goes things during covid.
- Their setup from Work From Hyatt is great. It’s not just another room or random area on the 2nd floor social space like most hotels but a separate room that’s been converted into an office. Complete with a comfy gaming chair, printer, fridge, sitting area with rug and chairs.
The cost cutting on the robes is mostly about cleaning and “maintenance” - same thing for glassware, cups, coffee machines, minibars, etc. It’s usually not too terrible in that most properties will make these available on request. Much less annoying than things like pool and gym closures (vs restricting capacity in line with local guidelines) which some properties have been doing to again save on cleaning costs.

The WFH setup here is pretty good - they actually rent those “offices” out for day use office spaces too. It makes a big difference since the “desk” in the room is a little awkward (slightly too high, not quite deep enough, the chair isn’t adjustable, etc).
Old Mar 30, 2021, 7:37 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
- Hotel provided robes and slippers upon request. One of the more unique robes too - big dragon on the back haha. Front desk said they were removed from rooms to save on costs.
Points for honesty.
strickerj and CoffeeTraveler like this.
Old Mar 31, 2021, 7:47 pm

Some updates:

- Funny thing is there are no weight scales either for in room use or in the gym. I guess I can pause my diet now :-)
Thank you for reporting back! How was the breakfast credit? Did you end up using it for the diner or the dim sum place?
Old Apr 1, 2021, 7:52 am

Originally Posted by CoffeeTraveler
Thank you for reporting back! How was the breakfast credit? Did you end up using it for the diner or the dim sum place?
Breakfast credit is good. $20 pp. Used for both. Chinese restaurant much better than diner but that’s just personal preference. Portions are big and taste is good. It’s really like $15-16 bc of taxes and fees but honestly one entree was a lot of food. Couldn’t finish it multiple days. Diner has good American options but kind of average. Pancakes were a miss but that might just be all delivery pancakes.
Old Apr 1, 2021, 7:58 am

Breakfast credit is good. $20 pp. Used for both. Chinese restaurant much better than diner but that’s just personal preference. Portions are big and taste is good. It’s really like $15-16 bc of taxes and fees but honestly one entree was a lot of food. Couldn’t finish it multiple days. Diner has good American options but kind of average. Pancakes were a miss but that might just be all delivery pancakes.
I found the Greek omelette (spinach, feta, side of potatoes) to be the best thing on the diner menu.
Old Apr 1, 2021, 10:50 am

Originally Posted by coleslaw
I found the Greek omelette (spinach, feta, side of potatoes) to be the best thing on the diner menu.
Haven't tried that yet, but maybe tomorrow morning. Makes sense that omelettes do better delivery than pancakes or french toast. Their smoothies are pretty good as well.

Hotel 2nd floor social space has a nice setup too. Plates, glasses, and microwave make it easy to reheat things if needed.
Old Apr 1, 2021, 1:55 pm

Programs: Delta Plat, Hyatt Globalist, HIlton Diamond
Just confirmed an upgrade into the Kindred Suite ADA for a week in November. They said the Kindred ADA and Bowery Suite ADA are the two rooms avaialble for upgrades but unfortunately Bowery wasn't available during the nights I'm there. Will check back to see if it comes available in the future.
Old Apr 1, 2021, 2:57 pm

Programs: Amex FHR elite travel agent, Ritz Stars, Hyatt Prive, Four Seasons Preferred Partner and others
Hyatt Prive rate is particularly lucrative at this property. Free breakfast for 2 (no status required), $75 property credit once per stay, room upgrade, and is combinable with free 4th night promo they are currently running.

I'm happy to book any Hyatt Prive rates for FTers, just PM me.
rogo likes this.
Old Apr 1, 2021, 6:04 pm

Programs: Nectar Card
Originally Posted by chewy3
Hyatt Prive rate is particularly lucrative at this property. Free breakfast for 2 (no status required), $75 property credit once per stay, room upgrade, and is combinable with free 4th night promo they are currently running.

I'm happy to book any Hyatt Prive rates for FTers, just PM me.
Hmm any idea what the property credit is good for? I see on their website there's a rooftop bar (The Crown). If I could hazard a guess, it'd be for (1) the bar, (2) on-site grab-n-go market, and (3) maybe more vouchers at Two Bridges or Jing Fong (e.g. lunch, din)?

Last edited by futuramadramallama; Apr 1, 2021 at 6:38 pm
Old Apr 1, 2021, 6:29 pm
Hyatt 5+ Badge

Programs: AA EXP; Hyatt Globalist; Hilton Diamond; Marriott Gold
Just checked into the Bowery Suite. Last time I was here was exactly 13 months ago in a city view room. If any questions, I’m happy to help answer!
Markie likes this.
Old Apr 1, 2021, 8:11 pm

Thank you! Good to hear that the credit is still working for the dim sum Chinese restaurant too. We are planning to eat breakfast at a Chinese bakery anyways, so credit for lunch at dim sum would be great.
futuramadramallama likes this.
Old Apr 1, 2021, 11:56 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat; Bonvoy Titanium Lifetime Elite;Hyatt Globalist; HHonors Diamond; United Silver
Originally Posted by hp12c
Just checked into the Bowery Suite. Last time I was here was exactly 13 months ago in a city view room. If any questions, I’m happy to help answer!
very timely, thanks! How are the views?
Old Apr 2, 2021, 10:22 am

Programs: Amex FHR elite travel agent, Ritz Stars, Hyatt Prive, Four Seasons Preferred Partner and others
Originally Posted by futuramadramallama
Hmm any idea what the property credit is good for? I see on their website there's a rooftop bar (The Crown). If I could hazard a guess, it'd be for (1) the bar, (2) on-site grab-n-go market, and (3) maybe more vouchers at Two Bridges or Jing Fong (e.g. lunch, din)?
I just asked and apparently it's only good for the minibar right now. The roof-top bar is operated by a different company so it's not valid there. I guess not so great.
futuramadramallama likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.