Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Unfortunately, this hotel is not accepting World of Hyatt points or award stays

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Unfortunately, this hotel is not accepting World of Hyatt points or award stays

Search this Thread

Old Nov 27, 2019, 7:53 am

Programs: Coffee Shop Buy 10 Get 1 Free
Just to fo follow up if anyone is searching later with this question, but finally just reached out to @Hyattconcierge on Twitter since the hotel email bounced, no one picked up the phone and the person I talked to at the Hyatt 1-800 number was extremely rude and not helpful on this

i have it in writing in my Twitter DMs but infants don’t count as occupants so book for two and just show up with your baby if you get this error. So I’ll report back end of March here if front desk doesn’t agree with that....
Old Feb 20, 2021, 2:38 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
Hyatt House - Beaverton Oregon No Award Availability Ever

I’m a bit perplexed with this property. I’ve been anticipating it for years now as I’ve always had to stay with Hilton when visiting Beaverton since Hyatt had no properties nearby. The downtown properties are centrally located but their up in Award Category so cost more, and if I wanted to pay cash rates parking would be pretty expensive. Plus we enjoy the suburbs more and just visiting Portland during the day then going to the beach, Halloweentown and so on.

Anyways, I’ve been trying to make Award bookings for this property for a month or so now and haven’t found any at all. I’ve searched from April all the way through next March from 1 day to 7 days and absolutely nothing.

Are they not happy with their Category Placement by Hyatt? It seems like it because their lowest cash rate I’ve seen is $140 a night, which for Beaverton is EXPENSIVE much less that it’s at a Hyatt House. I would compare Hyatt House to a Double Tree, a bit nicer, but not quite Embassy Suites Quality as a brand.

So what it feels like to me is they want to have a high ADR to get placed into Category 3 in 2022, since changes were almost entirely cancelled for 2021 (which very limited exceptions).

But the main question I guess is...Is this allowed by Hyatt or how can they do this?

Take a look and see if you can find any award availability on any dates. I’ve tried 20 random combinations and came up with 0 availability.
Old Feb 20, 2021, 5:05 am
skj

Programs: UA 2MM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by Matt4200
I’m a bit perplexed with this property. I’ve been anticipating it for years now as I’ve always had to stay with Hilton when visiting Beaverton since Hyatt had no properties nearby. The downtown properties are centrally located but their up in Award Category so cost more, and if I wanted to pay cash rates parking would be pretty expensive. Plus we enjoy the suburbs more and just visiting Portland during the day then going to the beach, Halloweentown and so on.

Anyways, I’ve been trying to make Award bookings for this property for a month or so now and haven’t found any at all. I’ve searched from April all the way through next March from 1 day to 7 days and absolutely nothing.

Are they not happy with their Category Placement by Hyatt? It seems like it because their lowest cash rate I’ve seen is $140 a night, which for Beaverton is EXPENSIVE much less that it’s at a Hyatt House. I would compare Hyatt House to a Double Tree, a bit nicer, but not quite Embassy Suites Quality as a brand.

So what it feels like to me is they want to have a high ADR to get placed into Category 3 in 2022, since changes were almost entirely cancelled for 2021 (which very limited exceptions).

But the main question I guess is...Is this allowed by Hyatt or how can they do this?

Take a look and see if you can find any award availability on any dates. I’ve tried 20 random combinations and came up with 0 availability.
First night I looked at, 25 March, was available for 8K points or $120 member rate.
Dsm2m2 likes this.
Old Feb 20, 2021, 5:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Available tonight. And tomorrow night. And the night after that...
Old Feb 20, 2021, 9:07 am
formerly a193991
Hyatt 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist; LX SEN (*A Gold), AA LTG, SBB-CFF-FFS First Class GA
No issues. First random search showed availability, 6-9 Apr, are you on their blacklist
jerry a. laska and skj like this.
Old Feb 20, 2021, 9:15 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Platinum (LTG), Hilton Gold, United 1K, AA EXP, AS MVP 75K
Are you searching with a high headcount? Some hotels designate standard rooms for two guests and force three or more into “Deluxe” room. Searching with one guest usually opens up award inventory. At a US Hyatt House I don’t expect any issues checking in with more than the stated number of guests (within reason).
TravelerMSY likes this.
Old Feb 20, 2021, 10:07 am

^^ this. I just searched and there is availability almost every week when searching for 2 people
Old Feb 20, 2021, 4:40 pm

Originally Posted by UA-NYC
Available tonight. And tomorrow night. And the night after that...
Originally Posted by 59Impala
No issues. First random search showed availability, 6-9 Apr, are you on their blacklist
Originally Posted by tigerwong
Are you searching with a high headcount? Some hotels designate standard rooms for two guests and force three or more into “Deluxe” room. Searching with one guest usually opens up award inventory. At a US Hyatt House I don’t expect any issues checking in with more than the stated number of guests (within reason).
Originally Posted by radtechtraveler
^^ this. I just searched and there is availability almost every week when searching for 2 people
Ah, that does seem to be the issue.

I’ve searched all the dates with 2 Adults and 1 Child Age 4 which theoretically shouldn’t make a difference but at some properties it does.

Really strange though since Hyatt Houses are literally designed as a brand for families and extended stays.

I appreciate the help and pointing that out for me as I was perplexed that all my results for a Hyatt House yielded no availability.
tigerwong likes this.
Old Feb 20, 2021, 9:44 pm

Programs: Alaska MVP, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by Matt4200
I’ve searched all the dates with 2 Adults and 1 Child Age 4 which theoretically shouldn’t make a difference but at some properties it does.

Really strange though since Hyatt Houses are literally designed as a brand for families and extended stays.
Hyatt Houses can be frustrating this way. They are about the only Hyatt properties in the US whose base rooms (Den Guestroom King Bed ) sometimes only fit 2 people. Hyatt House Portland Downtown has the same issue. It's really annoying if you travel with kids.
Old Feb 20, 2021, 10:00 pm

Originally Posted by PDXpress
Hyatt Houses can be frustrating this way. They are about the only Hyatt properties in the US whose base rooms (Den Guestroom King Bed ) sometimes only fit 2 people. Hyatt House Portland Downtown has the same issue. It's really annoying if you travel with kids.
It’s really strange though as the brand itself is supposedly designed for families traveling.

Maybe they’re under the same Management/Ownership and that’s why since they’re both close to one another.
Old Feb 20, 2021, 10:23 pm

Staying on points right now...

Checked in today on points (8000). Beautiful new hotel and rooms are on the smaller side.(at least the award room is small) They do seem to get good use out of space. Plug ins everywhere but not really any USB ports which seems odd for a new hotel.
Parking is limited. Pretty cool food truck park just a 2 min walk away. probably 25-30 food trucks there.
SanDiego1K likes this.
Old Feb 20, 2021, 10:43 pm

Originally Posted by shand32783
Checked in today on points (8000). Beautiful new hotel and rooms are on the smaller side.(at least the award room is small) They do seem to get good use out of space. Plug ins everywhere but not really any USB ports which seems odd for a new hotel.
Parking is limited. Pretty cool food truck park just a 2 min walk away. probably 25-30 food trucks there.
If you’re looking for a great food truck nearby lookup Ely’s Rolling Grill. The Carnitas tacos and Burritos are to die for!

It’s parked right next to the Big Lots in the Aloha area which from when we’ve stayed is about 10 minutes or less in Beaverton.

Thanks for the tip on the food truck lot close to the hotel! We come to Oregon pretty much for the food. Matt’s BBQ, Ely’s Rolling Grill, White Elephant (all of those being food carts) and Voodoo Donut are our favorites.
Old Aug 1, 2021, 8:18 pm

Weird, I'm experiencing a similar problem to what Matt did. About 10 random date searches over the next 9 months and all spit back points options ONLY for LP Suite Pts Upgr. Nothing for points only redemptions. This was searching for just 1 adult. Is this just the way it is??

Secondary question: Is there any technique/system available for getting notified when award availability opens up for a certain date?

Originally Posted by tigerwong
How tried and true has this been for you? I have been fretting over a single night stay in a US HH that doesn't allow more than 2 people into an award night room when I actually have 2 adults and 2 toddlers. It's an ideal location and award for us for that night but I almost don't want to chance it cause I'm a straight-laced guy who gets scared of breaking rules lol.
Old Aug 1, 2021, 9:14 pm

Programs: Alaska MVP, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by projectmaximus
Weird, I'm experiencing a similar problem to what Matt did. About 10 random date searches over the next 9 months and all spit back points options ONLY for LP Suite Pts Upgr. Nothing for points only redemptions. This was searching for just 1 adult. Is this just the way it is??
This is a really weird one. When I search random dates for this property, I get availability for Free Night Certificates but NOT for points bookings. I've never seen that before.
Old Aug 2, 2021, 2:53 pm

Originally Posted by PDXpress
This is a really weird one. When I search random dates for this property, I get availability for Free Night Certificates but NOT for points bookings. I've never seen that before.
Yep, that lends credence to the idea that they're playing games and want a category increase. Certificate that guests will use typically for a cat 4 and sometimes cat 3 hotel? Sure. But 8k points, not possible.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.