Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Regency Lisbon - REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Hyatt Regency Lisbon - REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Old Jul 28, 2022, 8:03 pm

Concierge shared an opening date of August 17th (which is what the website now also indicates). We received an email regarding an August 10th reservation today. The offer was to be accommodated at the Editory. We had a Regency Suite reserved and it wasn't clear from the email what room type would be offered at the Editory. We have a second reservation in late August. That stay wasn't referenced but I would be skeptical about the property actually opening by then.
Old Aug 2, 2022, 5:54 pm

Originally Posted by duckets
when'd you reach out?
after emailing my concierge to see if i could get any additional info they pretty much echoed that the hotel is looking to open some time in August, but obviously at this point that can't be assumed to be true.
reached out July 25 - no response yet
Old Aug 3, 2022, 7:13 am

This is the email address they have been using re upcoming stays before the property is scheduled to open:

[email protected]
Old Aug 14, 2022, 8:27 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
I walked by the property yesterday night and the surroundings still showed construction. The hotel itself seems finished and the Lobby was staffed, but curious whether they will still proceed with an opening this week.

Old Aug 14, 2022, 12:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Originally Posted by llb09
I walked by the property yesterday night and the surroundings still showed construction. The hotel itself seems finished and the Lobby was staffed, but curious whether they will still proceed with an opening this week.

If they decide to "open" it will be a truly sucky experience for those first guests.

Thanks for the pictures.

David
MasterPlanner and llb09 like this.
Old Aug 14, 2022, 3:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Construction container view. One step above dumpster view, so not available as an award.
chad75 and llb09 like this.
Old Aug 14, 2022, 4:00 pm

Programs: AA (EXP, 3 MM), Hyatt Globalist, Taj InnerCircle Silver, MLife Noir, former LHW-Aurelian
Originally Posted by notquiteaff
Construction container view. One step above dumpster view, so not available as an award.
Hilarious!
Old Aug 17, 2022, 2:34 am

Programs: UA Plat, AA Plat Pro, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Plat
So... supposedly it's open as of today?

Can anyone confirm?

Looking to make a booking here for a week perhaps in September or October, but not if it's still a complete construction zone .

Then again, just passed 60 nights so I suppose I don't have to stay too loyal (them points, though) -- only one Hyatt branded hotel in all of Portugal after all!
Old Aug 17, 2022, 5:06 am

Also looking at at stay in September, I emailed my concierge this morning about the opening and will report back when I get an answer.

The hotel has blocked reservations for tonight and for several dates in September. I doubt they are fully booked, so I suspect they are in a soft opening with many rooms blocked (maybe those with the construction site views!).
Old Aug 17, 2022, 9:41 am

What's the deal with all queen beds? Kinda odd. Even the suites.
TravisMT81, iluvdoco and llb09 like this.
Old Aug 18, 2022, 6:06 am

recurve answer from MHC:

Opening postponed 20th of August. Rooftop and Spa not available until later in Q3
Old Aug 18, 2022, 2:55 pm

Programs: HYATT Globalist Alaska 100k
I had my reservation that would have started on opening day moved to a different property and I am currenty sitting in downtown viewing the Golden Gate Bridge (or Ponte de 25 April, lol).

That process was far from ideal and their handling was not even remotely professional.
Old Aug 18, 2022, 7:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Originally Posted by Alexsth2011
I had my reservation that would have started on opening day moved to a different property and I am currenty sitting in downtown viewing the Golden Gate Bridge (or Ponte de 25 April, lol).

That process was far from ideal and their handling was not even remotely professional.
Hate to say but did you really think they'd do any better given how long they've been trying to open this hotel?

David
Old Aug 19, 2022, 5:19 am

Programs: HYATT Globalist Alaska 100k
Originally Posted by DELee
Hate to say but did you really think they'd do any better given how long they've been trying to open this hotel?

David
Yeah but I would have expected to hear at least a week ahead among many things. They are either too busy or not giving a sxxx.
Old Aug 22, 2022, 9:01 am

Originally Posted by Alexsth2011
Yeah but I would have expected to hear at least a week ahead among many things. They are either too busy or not giving a sxxx.
Has anyone stayed here yet?

Globalist benefit includes breakfast? Anything else?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.