Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Regency Lisbon - REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hyatt Regency Lisbon - REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Jul 7, 2022, 7:56 pm

Programs: BAEC G, WN A-, Hyatt G, HH G, MAR T, Hz PC, was [UA2P, FL A+Elite, BD G]
FYI, the webpage for earning 500 bonus points for staying at a new Hyatt property shows the HR Lisbon available from July 21st...
Old Jul 10, 2022, 10:39 pm

When I called to make a reservation from 8/4-8/7, the Hyatt Rep advised me that the hotel is not scheduled to open by then. They said they had booked the Hyatt Regency Lisbon for another customer staying in August and the customer received an e-mail telling them that the property was not going to be open by then. It's clearly still bookable for any date later than July 21st through Hyatt's website but at this point, seems highly unlikely it will actually be open by even early August.
Old Jul 14, 2022, 1:11 pm

Programs: AA (EXP, 3 MM), Hyatt Globalist, Taj InnerCircle Silver, MLife Noir, former LHW-Aurelian
Originally Posted by chiayu83
When I called to make a reservation from 8/4-8/7, the Hyatt Rep advised me that the hotel is not scheduled to open by then. They said they had booked the Hyatt Regency Lisbon for another customer staying in August and the customer received an e-mail telling them that the property was not going to be open by then. It's clearly still bookable for any date later than July 21st through Hyatt's website but at this point, seems highly unlikely it will actually be open by even early August.
Ugh-- I'm to be there in a similar timeframe but haven't gotten a notification that my reservation won't be honored. Any other data points on this?
Old Jul 14, 2022, 6:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Originally Posted by MasterPlanner
Ugh-- I'm to be there in a similar timeframe but haven't gotten a notification that my reservation won't be honored. Any other data points on this?

Maybe contact the property directly? The website doesn’t seem to have contact info, but the fact sheet has phone and email:

Contact
T+351 214 829 123
E [email protected]

https://assets.hyatt.com/content/dam...et-English.pdf
Old Jul 19, 2022, 3:28 pm

Programs: AA (EXP, 3 MM), Hyatt Globalist, Taj InnerCircle Silver, MLife Noir, former LHW-Aurelian
Originally Posted by notquiteaff
Maybe contact the property directly? The website doesn’t seem to have contact info, but the fact sheet has phone and email:

Contact
T+351 214 829 123
E [email protected]

https://assets.hyatt.com/content/dam...et-English.pdf
VERY helpful-- I've reached out and will report back. Thank you!
notquiteaff likes this.
Old Jul 20, 2022, 9:11 am

I emailed that address and never received a reply.

As a refresher, the opening date has been moved to the following series of dates: April 28, May 18, June 10, July 7, July 21, July 25

The
opening date on the Hyatt website still shows as July 25th but as of today nothing before August 1st is bookable.

We have two August stays planned but I don't know what to expect in terms of their actual opening date.
Old Jul 22, 2022, 11:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Can't wait to hear from someone who stays here, if it finally opens.

Meanwhile, I'm booking at the Lumiares for next summer. Anyone been there? Can't find a thread for it on FT. Strangely, the prices for it are lower on hyatt.com than on their own website, which I don't think I've seen before.
Old Jul 22, 2022, 11:42 am

No update to opening date from the July 25th one but nothing now appears bookable before August 8th.
Old Jul 23, 2022, 1:18 pm

Originally Posted by speedytimmy
No update to opening date from the July 25th one but nothing now appears bookable before August 8th.
Hmm... interesting. I've reached out to my (excellent) Concierge to try to get more information on this. If it doesn't open until 8/8 then I'm in a world of hurt... (or at least have a lot of planning to do!)
Old Jul 26, 2022, 12:28 pm

Originally Posted by MasterPlanner
Hmm... interesting. I've reached out to my (excellent) Concierge to try to get more information on this. If it doesn't open until 8/8 then I'm in a world of hurt... (or at least have a lot of planning to do!)
Just got the word: no-go for early August. Back to the drawing board...
Old Jul 26, 2022, 1:24 pm

Programs: WoH Globalist | Bonvoy Platinum
Just got the word: no-go for early August. Back to the drawing board...
any word on a new proposed opening date or additional details from your concierge? i'm starting to fear for my late September reservation at this point.

Last edited by duckets; Jul 26, 2022 at 1:25 pm Reason: forgot to add quote
Old Jul 26, 2022, 10:24 pm

A search of properties in Lisbon now shows this for the Hyatt Regency. I don't believe they ever commenced operations so the message is a little odd.

Temporarily suspended operations
Resuming operations expected Aug 22, 2022
Old Jul 27, 2022, 3:03 pm

lol their hotel page on Hyatt's website still says:
"The hotel will be accepting room reservations from July 25, 2022 and beyond."

ffs
Old Jul 28, 2022, 2:47 pm

Originally Posted by duckets
lol their hotel page on Hyatt's website still says:
"The hotel will be accepting room reservations from July 25, 2022 and beyond."

ffs
anyone have updates on this?

no response to my email from the hotel

trying for sept 1-5
Old Jul 28, 2022, 4:53 pm

Originally Posted by Cheerag Shaw
anyone have updates on this?

no response to my email from the hotel

trying for sept 1-5
when'd you reach out?
after emailing my concierge to see if i could get any additional info they pretty much echoed that the hotel is looking to open some time in August, but obviously at this point that can't be assumed to be true.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.