Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Regency Lisbon - REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hyatt Regency Lisbon - REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old May 4, 2022, 1:22 pm

Programs: DL FO
Originally Posted by utgypsy
Disappointed to get the delayed opening correspondence this morning. We were confirmed for the last week of June and offered alternate booking at The Editory Riverside or cancellation without penalty. I'd noticed a few weeks ago this property was no longer showing up on the "500 Reasons to Stay Somewhere New" list, which makes me question if the new opening date of July 7 will also be postponed.
Same exact story here. Still debating what to do -- have/had(?) multiple reservations in late June at the Hyatt Regency Lisbon, one of which a suite for four people. The Editory Riverside -- while I'm sure a nice hotel -- doesn't interest me quite as much and as far as I can tell can only accommodate up to three per room, even in their suites.

Sent back a couple of questions this morning to the Hyatt reservations contact and am waiting to hear back.
Old May 10, 2022, 12:19 am

I'm bummed about this too! Just arrived in Lisbon and was hoping to check out the HR this month while here but alas...

In the mean time, I wanted to report that I'm here at the Hotel de Estrela (SLH) - 2 nights on points (15K/cat 4) and it's a lovely boutique hotel in a quiet neighborhood. If you can find points avails I recommend it. We are moving to the new Emerald House (Hilton) tomorrow though because this place is sold out rest of the week.

Happy to answer any questions if needed!
boracat likes this.
Old May 18, 2022, 9:04 am

Originally Posted by BringBackTWA
Same exact story here. Still debating what to do -- have/had(?) multiple reservations in late June at the Hyatt Regency Lisbon, one of which a suite for four people. The Editory Riverside -- while I'm sure a nice hotel -- doesn't interest me quite as much and as far as I can tell can only accommodate up to three per room, even in their suites.

Sent back a couple of questions this morning to the Hyatt reservations contact and am waiting to hear back.
Out of curiosity - which suite at The Editory Riverside did they offer you as an alternative? The Junior Suites are significantly smaller than the standard Regency Suite so the only suite that is larger would be the Master Suite.
Old May 18, 2022, 2:49 pm

Programs: DL FO
Originally Posted by chiayu83
Out of curiosity - which suite at The Editory Riverside did they offer you as an alternative? The Junior Suites are significantly smaller than the standard Regency Suite so the only suite that is larger would be the Master Suite.
Unfortunately, they said they wouldn't accommodate us all in a suite at the Editory, and instead would give us two separate (but connecting) rooms for the four of us. I was disappointed in this outcome, so did end up canceling our reservation and am now looking at alternatives in Lisbon to accommodate us in June. Not an easy task as many other options have of course already been booked well in advance! I guess I learned my lesson by not having a backup reservation long ago.
chiayu83 likes this.
Old Jun 18, 2022, 12:33 pm

Reservation for Jul 8th probably being canceled too

Did anyone notice that they are now accepting reservations from July 21st?

I believe they would cancel all the reservations before, anyone else with the same issue?

Best regards,
​​​
Old Jun 18, 2022, 4:37 pm

Hotel website still indicates July 7 for me, though you are right that if you try to actually book rooms, it finds no availability prior to July 21. I have a stay booked before that but haven't received any indication that it would be canceled.
Old Jun 19, 2022, 9:01 am

Originally Posted by quixoticx
Hotel website still indicates July 7 for me, though you are right that if you try to actually book rooms, it finds no availability prior to July 21. I have a stay booked before that but haven't received any indication that it would be canceled.

Yes for me still shows as confirmed, but I am starting to worry about the availability.
Old Jun 19, 2022, 7:41 pm

Programs: UA Plat MM, AA Gold MM, Marriott LTT, Hyatt Globalist
We went past HR Lisbon on a bus back from Belem a week ago, the hotel is still under construction. Location is definitely not convenient for tourists, not much in the surrounding area. I don't think I would stay here in the future over Sheraton Lisbon, based on location.
boracat likes this.
Old Jun 20, 2022, 9:01 am

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by CIT85
We went past HR Lisbon on a bus back from Belem a week ago, the hotel is still under construction. Location is definitely not convenient for tourists, not much in the surrounding area. I don't think I would stay here in the future over Sheraton Lisbon, based on location.
I quite like the Doubletree and Sheraton locations. Close to a lot of shopping/ restaurants.
Old Jun 20, 2022, 2:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Originally Posted by ceebee100
I quite like the Doubletree and Sheraton locations. Close to a lot of shopping/ restaurants.
Thanks for this. Planning our first trip to Lisbon later this summer. Was considering those two properties
ceebee100 likes this.
Old Jun 20, 2022, 4:45 pm

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by notquiteaff
Thanks for this. Planning our first trip to Lisbon later this summer. Was considering those two properties
The Doubletree is a decent property. As Diamond you will get breakfast in the restaurant. Pre Covid, it was a huge buffet spread with made to order eggs as well.
The rooms are sort of dark because of the black marble in the bathroom but not bad for a week long stay.
notquiteaff likes this.
Old Jun 23, 2022, 11:08 am

Received an email this morning that my reservation for mid July would be canceled, and they offered an alternative at the Editory as others above indicated. Seems like a long shot but, does anyone know if this would still count as qualifying nights?
Old Jun 23, 2022, 12:43 pm

Received an email this morning that my reservation for mid July would be canceled, and they offered an alternative at the Editory as others above indicated. Seems like a long shot but, does anyone know if this would still count as qualifying nights?
yes per my cancellation email back in May if you stay… I decided to stay somewhere else. But credit will not be entered until the property is up and running (whenever that is)
Old Jun 26, 2022, 8:38 am

​​​​​​The constant delay opening of this hotel reminds me of my experience with Grand Hyatt Baha Mar. Hope you get some compensation from Hyatt!
Old Jul 7, 2022, 10:27 am

Programs: AA (EXP, 3 MM), Hyatt Globalist, Taj InnerCircle Silver, MLife Noir, former LHW-Aurelian
Any insights from the group about if it will actually open in July?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.