Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Gripe/Rant: Lounge breakfast in the US

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Gripe/Rant: Lounge breakfast in the US

Search this Thread

Old Jun 18, 2019, 10:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by gspurr
I'm a "Globalist" whose majority of stays are in Asia. Whenever I stay at a Hyatt in North America I'm always pretty shocked by the meagre breakfast offerings in the lounge compared to Asia. I do understand that the lounge is not the same as a full service restaurant, but surely Hyatts can do better than breakfast offerings that are so heavy on the carbs. At least half of the offerings are breads, pastries and cereal. A bit more protein would be nice.
Carbs and sugar are my main conplaints in NA. I guess Hyatt gets their wish that I go to their hotels that give a full restaurant breakfast.
ceebee100 and NJNY like this.
Old Jun 20, 2019, 10:16 pm

Programs: United 1K, Marriott Lifetime Platinum; Hyatt Diamond/GLOB
It is almost as though we all have different preferences and needs from the lounge...go figure.

During the work week, I am not much of a breakfast eater and prefer to sleep in for as long as possible before heading off to a client. If anything, I'll grab a banana or bagel from the lounge on the way out.

However, I do greatly value the ability to grab drinks/water/snacks from the lounge at anytime during the day. I'm also a night owl, so I like doing the early hors d'oevres/appetizers in the lounge and then having a late dinner.

So, without a lounge, the "breakfast benefit" is essentially lost on me unless I happen to have no early morning meetings. I'm not going to get up early to have a full breakfast that I don't really want, and swinging through a restaurant to just grab a banana and bagel is harder than it sounds and certainly takes longer than grabbing it from the lounge. Then, I'm buying $2.75 sodas in the giftshop or wandering around looking for a convenience store. I don't normally order dessert with dinner, but when I get back to the room, I like having the ability to wander to the lounge to get a cookie or a small slice of something sweet.

Some here purposely avoid Hyatts with lounges, while I purposely avoid Hyatts without lounges.

Different strokes for different folks.
steve64 and eponymous_coward like this.
Old Jun 21, 2019, 10:31 pm

Programs: DL-Platinum / AS-PlatPro / Hyatt - Glob / Hilton-Diamond
Originally Posted by HoustonConsultant
It is almost as though we all have different preferences and needs from the lounge...go figure.....

....Some here purposely avoid Hyatts with lounges, while I purposely avoid Hyatts without lounges.

Different strokes for different folks.
Ha Ha. Of all my years on FT, I've decided I must the only one with this "backwards" mentality.
Not a morning person. I just wanna grab something and go (typically back to the room). The absolute last thing I want to do in the morning is sit in a restaurant type environment, waiting for my food. Lunch is my main meal and in the evening, typical lounge fare along with a couple glasses of wine suit me just fine.
Granted, I'm not a business traveler with meetings to go to. I'm traveling on my own dime & time. I'll take the lounge please
eponymous_coward likes this.
Old Jun 22, 2019, 7:39 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Gold, GHA Tit, BA Gold, Turkish Elite
Originally Posted by HMPS
The only reason to offer full b/fast would be if a competitor offers it !
..Or to position the chain for the time which in all probability is only months away when hotel occupancy takes a nose-dive as the US economy contracts. In all likelihood it's not like we're talking a 2+yr window and so not something shareholders would invest in.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.