Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

My confirmed suite award not honored.

My confirmed suite award not honored.

Old May 18, 2019, 11:59 pm
Hyatt 10+ BadgeFour Seasons 5+ Badge

Programs: QF WP (OWE), VA PLAT, EY GLD, SPG PLAT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton DIA, Hertz PC
Doesn't matter if it's the Presidential suite, it should have been offered in the first place one WoH confirm it had been applied.

Making you chase the information and not offering to contact the property is absolutely a WoH central reservation fail.
MSPeconomist likes this.
Old May 19, 2019, 1:37 am

Programs: Diamond Medallion, Delta Million Miler, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by shaker58
Booked room long time ago and then decided to use a globalist suite upgrade award since its our sons graduation and could use the extra space before and after all the weekend events for our family and friends. Checked in and front desk said we didn't have a suite and hotel suites were all booked for wedding this weekend. Called world of Hyatt and they confirmed I used and they confirmed suite award was attached. She said I would have to deal with hotel and if I'm not satisfied with outcome and treatment from hotel manager I can contact them again. This is not how I wanted to start a very joyous occasion for my family and really didn't want it to ruin the first night. Manager on duty said someone will contact me on Saturday. I have used over 20 suite upgrades in past and never had this problem.
This seems common in the Hyatt system as Hyatt doesn't appear to exert much influence on individual hotels when it comes to treatment of elites. They know they won't get in trouble for it. I would raise a fuss though.
Old May 19, 2019, 2:33 am

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, IHG Platinum, Hilton Gold, Club Carlson Gold, Starwood Gold
Which hotel?
Old May 19, 2019, 7:04 am
Original Poster

Programs: Hyatt Globlist,MarriottPlat,Hilton Gold,Delta Silver,National EE,Avis President Club, Hertz PC
Booked room long time ago and then decided to use a globalist suite upgrade award since its our sons graduation and could use the extra space before and after all the weekend events for our family and friends. Checked in and front desk said we didn't have a suite and hotel suites were all booked for wedding this weekend. Called world of Hyatt and they confirmed I used and they confirmed suite award was attached. She said I would have to deal with hotel and if I'm not satisfied with outcome and treatment from hotel manager I can contact them again. This is not how I wanted to start a very joyous occasion for my family and really didn't want it to ruin the first night. Manager on duty said someone will contact me on Saturday. I have used over 20 suite upgrades in past and never had this problem.
Hotel called my room around 11am yesterday to tell me that a suite opened up for me. Told them I didn't hear from anyone until now and have unpack and on our way to sons graduation and can't switch now. A manger then called me during the graduation around 2pm and I told her I will come to front desk when I get back which was close to 6pm and she was gone already. Gave front desk my email and phone and they said she will contact me today. I'm glad they finally offered me a suite for my reservation but it was too late for us. We already told our friends and family to meet us at restaurants instead of hotel. And since we unpacked and involved with all the weekend events decided it was to late to switch. They said they had a cancellation so room was available now. I find that hard to believe since they had a no cancellation or change policy for this weekend graduation. Will post resolution and hotel after I check out on Tuesday.
Old May 19, 2019, 8:49 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Still no hotel name?

Last edited by Kacee; May 19, 2019 at 10:05 am
Old May 19, 2019, 9:18 am

In the post immediately preceding, OP stated that the hotel name and any further resolution would be posted after checkout in 2 days. Seems reasonable to me.
Old May 19, 2019, 10:08 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by WantOnlinePoker
In the post immediately preceding, OP stated that the hotel name
Okay, so what's the hotel's name?
Visconti likes this.
Old May 19, 2019, 10:29 am

the name would be helpful....
Old May 19, 2019, 4:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, SEIBU PRINCE CLUB Silver, Marriott Gold
Special favor for the surprisingly large TL;DR crowd.

Will post resolution and hotel after I check out on Tuesday.
Old May 19, 2019, 4:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

This is an interesting one. Clearly he is due compebsation for the first day (should not be charged at all for that night IMO). But...

They offered him the suite on the 2nd night and he refused because he did not want to re-pack and unpack. This is reasonable; I've done the same in the past when offered a better room after I've settled in. So... is he owed compensation (other than the return of the upgrade instrument) for anything beyond the first night?

Let's debate that while we wait to find out which hotel it was...
Old May 19, 2019, 9:37 pm
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriot 100+ Badge

Programs: Hyatt Glob; Hilton Dia; Marriott AMB; Accor Dia; IHG Dia Amb; GHA Tit
Originally Posted by VegasGambler
So... is he owed compensation (other than the return of the upgrade instrument) for anything beyond the first night?
If I was the client, I would say YES I am owed compensation for the second night.
If I was the hotel manager, I would say YES I give the client compensation and move on with my life. I already messed up, I admit it, I apologize, I fix it and hope that everybody can be sort of moderately happy about the outcome.
VegasGambler likes this.
Old May 22, 2019, 12:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

So.. Tuesday has pretty much come and gone...
Old May 22, 2019, 4:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, SEIBU PRINCE CLUB Silver, Marriott Gold
He didn't say he would post it on Tuesday. He said he would post it after checking out on Tuesday. Which could be Tuesday, Friday, or 2026.
Old May 22, 2019, 11:37 am

This anticipation is like a K-Drama.
Old May 22, 2019, 2:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by hailstorm
He didn't say he would post it on Tuesday. He said he would post it after checking out on Tuesday. Which could be Tuesday, Friday, or 2026.
That is certainly one way to parse what was written.

Another is that it would be posted on Tuesday, which is after he checks out.

There is ambiguity around whether "on Tuesday" refers to the posting date or the checkout date.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.