Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Newbie question on booking Hyatt rooms with points...

Old May 13, 2019, 8:03 pm
Original Poster

Hi, I'm beginning to like Hyatt's SLH's additions a lot and would like to know a couple of basic questions on booking standard rooms or standard suites with points. We have a young child that's under 2 so the couple of bookings at Hyatt hotels was a non-issue, but as she'll turn 3 soon (vacation plans where Hyatt properties are considered will be after child turns 3). We are mainly interested at Hyatt properties, including the SLH additions in Asia & Europe (basically outside of the U.S.). Every time I search as 2 adults it's no issue in getting availability at intended hotels, but once I add a child, it doesn't show any availabilities & basically says the hotel is not available for pts booking at this time. So does this mean I have to contact the individual hotels to book the rooms--is this the only way? If so, will the additional pts be 1/2 of what the standard room or the standard suites would be (eg. standard is 20k, now it's 30k, etc.)? How do I book standard suites? Thanks so much for any helpful feedbacks!
Old May 14, 2019, 1:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
You must call Hyatt to book suites using points.

For SLH, it's best to assume that you can't have additional guests in the room, but you could call the hotels and ask whether they charge for a rollaway bed or children. If OK, then you'd just book for two adults online.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.