Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Gild Hall, a Thompson Hotel, NYC REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Gild Hall, a Thompson Hotel, NYC REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Old Mar 27, 22, 1:50 pm
Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Originally Posted by DELee View Post
Yeah, but they stopped cooking the potatoes for us too.

David
Want juice with that ?
All you demanding elites
Potatoes are extra sir we have to peel them one potato at a time
The days of cooked potatoes are long over as is cleaning our guest rooms
Sorry thatís another era
Old Mar 27, 22, 1:51 pm

Programs: AA Plat Pro; Bonvoy Titanium Lifetime Elite;Hyatt Globalist; HHonors Diamond; United Silver
Originally Posted by pigx5 View Post
Introduction Full Video: https://youtu.be/e8bQYjLQ-YoPhoto Album: https://pigx5.com/Photos/2021/01/Gild_Hall/ Check In When we booked the room, we booked 1 King Bed room and was able to pay $50 bucks to upgrade to a King Suite. (It was during Covid last year). When we checked in, the room was not ready yet so we had wait for a bit. The front desk personnels were courteous. When it was our time to get our key, we were upgraded to the Thompson Suite.lobbyLobbyThe bar next to the lobbyThe restaurant Room We really loved the Thompson Suite. With the roomy, 825-square-foot suite, it really made you feel special. There were 2 bathrooms and one equiped with bath and shower. The mini bar was cute and added some flavors to the room. We really loved the design of the headboard of the bed. The bed was huge and comfortable. The only downside was that there was no veiw from the room. Ö.
great pics, thanks!

Is there a door between bedroom and living room?
Old Mar 27, 22, 4:48 pm
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by ElevatorEnthusiast View Post
Potato-gate at Gild Hall is still my favorite story in the past few months.
Sounds like juice or coffee gate has arrived.
ElevatorEnthusiast likes this.
Old Mar 27, 22, 9:05 pm

Originally Posted by beachfan View Post
great pics, thanks!

I have not stayed but I'm nearly 100% certain that there's no door. If you go on the Thompson - Gild Hall website they have a 3D tour of all their suites and you will see no door. IIRC the standard suite does have a door lol. As does the best suite. Just not this one (in between)
Old Mar 27, 22, 10:33 pm

Programs: AA/UA/DL
Originally Posted by beachfan View Post
great pics, thanks!

thank you. No door unfortunately. U can check my video too!! (1:42-1:45)
Old Apr 29, 22, 5:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Other than the "juice controversy," it looks like a good Globalist breakfast. I'm told you're given vouchers at check-in and there are certain things you can order off the menu?
Also, is my understanding correct that there is free valet parking for Globalists if you're on an award stay? That seems like an awesome NYC benefit if you're arriving by car.
Old Apr 29, 22, 5:27 pm

Programs: none
Yes globalists have free parking on award stays. We stayed at Gild Hall 2 weeks ago and globalist recognition at checkin was great. The vouchers offer 3 choices for breakfast and thats plenty of food. We had both rooms upgraded to delux rooms so slightly more space. In general i loved the hotel for cat 4 certs and it may be a decent optoon miving forward depending on room costs
iahphx likes this.
Old Apr 30, 22, 8:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, AC 50K, Hyatt Ist-iest, Starriot Platinum, Hilton Diamond
While I lament the loss of GH as a cat 4, the cash rates remain reasonable by Manhattan standards. I was poking around for a work trip I anticipate in mid/late June and it's pretty hard to find a decent property for less than GH. With my corp code it's the only Hyatt that is sub-$200/nt. Even the HP in LIC is more expensive. So potato and coffee gate notwithstanding, it's still a pretty reasonable option.
Old May 1, 22, 4:12 pm

Programs: AA ExPl, DL PM, UA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, probably some others
Just stayed here for two nights, burning Cat1-4 certificates.

- Service in the hotel was disarmingly nice. Everybody was beyond friendly, joking, happy, wanting to go out of their way to assist. This was through the entire stay. Given that I came in expecting to get in a potato fistfight, this was a pleasant surprise.
- As a Glob, they gave me two breakfast certificates with four options. They also let me know that the restaurant was closed for a private event on Sunday and that I could order through room service instead. I ended up not using the certificates, but it was nice to see them proactively offer an alternative.
- The fitness centers here are very unique and I assume a product of COVID. There's three suites on three different floors. Each one has an elliptical, a treadmill, and some limited weights with a bench. Only one person allowed in at a time. It looked like there had been a reservation system in the past, but it was trial and error of entering the door and seeing if one was occupied at this point. There was a remote in one of the suites, which was very strange given that there was no TV in that suite.
- I was upgraded to a deluxe king room. I didn't find the window slats to let in as much light as was suggested earlier in this thread. The only issue with my room was that it was located on a high floor and on the corner of the hotel, and the wi-fi there was abysmal.

I found this hotel strangely charming, although I'd rather have a Category 1-4 hotel with no charm at all.
Old May 1, 22, 4:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Originally Posted by steveholt View Post
I found this hotel strangely charming, although I'd rather have a Category 1-4 hotel with no charm at all.
Welcome to Hyatt's version of NYC purgatory. Or, perhaps Hyatt's version of NYC Dilbert Heck.

David
Old May 1, 22, 4:24 pm

Programs: AA PlatPro, UA Silver, BA Gold, VS Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Gold

- Service in the hotel was disarmingly nice. Everybody was beyond friendly, joking, happy, wanting to go out of their way to assist. This was through the entire stay. Given that I came in expecting to get in a potato fistfight, this was a pleasant surprise.
Well you never went to the restaurant for breakfast so you didnít get an opportunity to experience the hospitality of the potato lady!
steveholt likes this.
Old May 1, 22, 9:48 pm

Programs: United MileagePlus
I love the service of this hotel and the upgraded room was big in terms of NY standard, high ceiling. However, as a globalist, the parking does not come with in-out privilege. I am not sure if I am the only one or it was just a bad day for the parking attendant. The parking lot seems to be a third-party.
Old May 1, 22, 10:22 pm

Programs: AA ExPl, DL PM, UA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, probably some others
Originally Posted by stmadfish View Post
I love the service of this hotel and the upgraded room was big in terms of NY standard, high ceiling. However, as a globalist, the parking does not come with in-out privilege. I am not sure if I am the only one or it was just a bad day for the parking attendant. The parking lot seems to be a third-party.
If you're staying on an award as a Globalist, wouldn't it still be free, even if you were being charged every time you left and returned?
Old May 1, 22, 11:32 pm
formerly a193991
Hyatt 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist; LX SEN (*A Gold), AA LTG
If you're staying on an award as a Globalist, wouldn't it still be free, even if you were being charged every time you left and returned?
not if it is operated by a 3rd party and cannot be charged to the room.
Old Jul 7, 22, 7:05 am

Just recently wrapped up a stay at this property. We enjoyed our stay except for some initial mishaps. We checked in around 11:30 in the evening. No Suites available as Globalist, however, we were upgraded to the Premium Room. My suggestion for anyone staying at this property during the summertime is to get a room with low ceilings. The air conditioning could not keep up with the heat. We had to switch multiple rooms to get a comfortable temperature as the first two units we tried would not go below 76 degrees. After getting the manager involved we ended up in a room that got down to about 70 degrees (good for us) along with a tower fan.

I can confirm that Breakfast now has potatoes back on the menu. Juice AND Coffee is included. We actually really enjoyed the restaurant and had great service.

Location was fantastic and was a short walk to Fulton street subway station and the Brooklyn bridge. I would probably check out a different property next time I'm in manhattan. I would definitely not stay here again during the summer. We paid a decent cash rate, probably would never use points to stay here.

Search this Thread