World of Hyatt Bad Service

Old May 11, 19, 1:07 pm
  #1  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: May 2019
Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Posts: 14
World of Hyatt Bad Service

I am a Globalist with World of Hyatt.
Since January I have spent 60 days at Hyatt properties.

Has anyone else experienced major problems when contacting World of Hyatt to ask a simple question?
I called this week to ask about the Q1 bonus points promo that was ending this month (May 2019).
The agent who answered the call was not at all familiar with the name Q1 promo or Q1 bonus.
She did even grasp the word quarterly.
She then said she had to look at my account to see what I was eligible for.
After looking at my account she saw the tern Q1 bonus and then had to look up the details and spent several minutes reading them aloud.
I tried to save her some time and explain my exact question and she told me I was talking over her.
Finally she finished and I said something like "thanks and hopefully the q2 promo will offer some great ways to earn points as well"
She said "You're putting words in my mouth. I never said there was a Q2 promo"
I said "I didn't say you said that"
She then hung up on me.
Well- I would write this off except that the same thing happened last October.
I called with a question about that Quarterly promo.
The agen had NEVER heard the term and put me on hold for maybe 5 minutes and came back and still had nothing.
She then transferred me to her "supervisor" who had very little information and seemed to not grasp why I was not happy.
I then asked him about the points rebate promo and he had no information, then told me the absolute wrong info.
When I tried to ask a question he told me I was talking over him and if I did it again he would hang up on me.
The day after that debacle I did receive a call from Hyatt.
They had recorded the part of the call with the "supervisor" and wanted to apologize.
Well, this last call this past week was over the top.
I sent an email to Chris Hale who I was told is a VP.
He never replied back.
Instead a World of Hyatt concierge called back which is a total waste of time.
She makes reservations.
I'm DONE with Hyatt.
I have their Visa.
Since October to now I have had spent nearly 20,000 with them.
No one at World of Hyatt seems to grasp that the agents should know the Q promos and not hang up on members.
Dubaiq8nyc7 is offline  
Old May 11, 19, 1:11 pm
  #2  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: DL Silver, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, BW Diamond
Posts: 25,994
Originally Posted by Dubaiq8nyc7 View Post
I am a Globalist with World of Hyatt.
Since January I have spent 60 days at Hyatt properties.

Has anyone else experienced major problems when contacting World of Hyatt to ask a simple question?
I called this week to ask about the Q1 bonus points promo that was ending this month (May 2019).
The agent who answered the call was not at all familiar with the name Q1 promo or Q1 bonus.
She did even grasp the word quarterly.
She then said she had to look at my account to see what I was eligible for.
After looking at my account she saw the tern Q1 bonus and then had to look up the details and spent several minutes reading them aloud.
I tried to save her some time and explain my exact question and she told me I was talking over her.
Finally she finished and I said something like "thanks and hopefully the q2 promo will offer some great ways to earn points as well"
She said "You're putting words in my mouth. I never said there was a Q2 promo"
I said "I didn't say you said that"
She then hung up on me.
Well- I would write this off except that the same thing happened last October.
I called with a question about that Quarterly promo.
The agen had NEVER heard the term and put me on hold for maybe 5 minutes and came back and still had nothing.
She then transferred me to her "supervisor" who had very little information and seemed to not grasp why I was not happy.
I then asked him about the points rebate promo and he had no information, then told me the absolute wrong info.
When I tried to ask a question he told me I was talking over him and if I did it again he would hang up on me.
The day after that debacle I did receive a call from Hyatt.
They had recorded the part of the call with the "supervisor" and wanted to apologize.
Well, this last call this past week was over the top.
I sent an email to Chris Hale who I was told is a VP.
He never replied back.
Instead a World of Hyatt concierge called back which is a total waste of time.
She makes reservations.
I'm DONE with Hyatt.
I have their Visa.
Since October to now I have had spent nearly 20,000 with them.
No one at World of Hyatt seems to grasp that the agents should know the Q promos and not hang up on members.
As always with phone reps, if you donít like them, HUACA.
iflyjetz and embarcadero1 like this.
Jaimito Cartero is offline  
Old May 11, 19, 3:13 pm
  #3  
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Barcelona, London, on a plane
Programs: BA Gold, TK E+, IB+, VS FC, Hyatt Globalist, MR Plat Prem, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
Posts: 7,183
I think you definitely should move to Marriott. Their customer service reps are the BEST. Or actually make that IHG... Wait... Hilton have the best agents...

Some agents are excellent. Some appear to have failed all of their reading and comprehension classes since second grade. Expecting brilliance from poorly paid call centre workers is somewhat optimistic. HUACA.
craigthemif is offline  
Old May 11, 19, 4:30 pm
  #4  
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Posts: 4,356
The globalist phone reps seem to be quite good, in my experience. I can't comment on the ones who answer the "regular" lines.
cmx likes this.
VegasGambler is offline  
Old May 11, 19, 7:51 pm
  #5  
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 1,661
If you have 60 nights you should have a concierge that would ensure you don't have to deal with this. My concierge is amazing.
MSPeconomist and cmx like this.
ZBigFam is online now  
Old May 12, 19, 12:27 pm
  #6  
skj
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: IAH
Programs: UA 2MM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold
Posts: 855
What Q1 (or Q2) promo are you referring to ? I'm "not at all familiar with the name Q1 promo or Q1 bonus" either. Hyatt runs several different promos over the course of the year. IIRC correctly, the most recent promo period that corresponded to a (Gregorian) calendar quarter was in Q2 2017, right after the WoH rollout.
skj is offline  
Old May 12, 19, 12:32 pm
  #7  
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Posts: 4,356
Originally Posted by skj View Post
What Q1 (or Q2) promo are you referring to ? I'm "not at all familiar with the name Q1 promo or Q1 bonus" either. Hyatt runs several different promos over the course of the year. IIRC correctly, the most recent promo period that corresponded to a (Gregorian) calendar quarter was in Q2 2017, right after the WoH rollout.
"Q1 2019 Promotion" is Hyatt's name for it
Attached Images  
VegasGambler is offline  
Old May 12, 19, 12:46 pm
  #8  
skj
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: IAH
Programs: UA 2MM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold
Posts: 855
Originally Posted by VegasGambler View Post
"Q1 2019 Promotion" is Hyatt's name for it
Interesting ... my stays have all been at HP/HHs and they post as Hyatt Place Hyatt House:1,500

<added>

and in the app, they post as "Q1 Hyatt Place Hyatt House" ...

I guess Hyatt is calling this a Q1 promo.

Last edited by skj; May 12, 19 at 1:05 pm Reason: Adding what's in the app
skj is offline  
Old May 12, 19, 2:08 pm
  #9  
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 241
Are you call WoH central or your concierge line? Even if yours is not in, they usually route you to another and I typically find the level service a step above the regular line agents.

Last edited by ClarkGriswold; May 12, 19 at 2:09 pm Reason: typo
ClarkGriswold is offline  
Old May 12, 19, 8:41 pm
  #10  
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: TPE LAS LHR
Programs: BA Meltdown Gold, OZ♦+ (flying BR/UA), WoH♦, HH♦. Gaming: Mlife Noir, TR7*
Posts: 4,800
Originally Posted by skj View Post
Interesting ... my stays have all been at HP/HHs and they post as Hyatt Place Hyatt House:1,500
The Q1 promotion is an additional 500 pts/night (for total of 1500) for HH/HP. Please see: More points promo - 2/15-5/15/2019 - 1,000 (or 1,500 pls / night)
gengar is offline  
Old May 13, 19, 3:33 pm
  #11  
168
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Programs: UA-1K, DL-Gold, H GP-Diamond
Posts: 454
I too felt the same way.

Called Diamond’s special number today to cancel an October’s Guest of Honor booking for Park Hyatt Vandome. I was told that this is a resort so she needs to transfer me to a specialist to handle my cancellation request. After 12 minutes of holding, I hung up and called back again.

Agent #2 proceeded my request within 1 minute. I asked if she is a supervisor and that is why she didn’t have to transfer me for a lengthy concert. She told me that she is not, explained this is a new proces in placed for higher end bookings, apologize on behalf of the last agent, and informed me that I just got lucky to get her since she knows how to process this type of request. Frankly I failed to see how a cancellation process would be different between a level 1 or a level 6 hotel. Why is the specialist needed to do the cancellation?

Sorry in advance if I sound like a DYKWIA..... In my opinion, If an agent can’t address simple requests or new to the company not knowing last quarter’s promotion when called, Hyatt shouldn’t put them answering diamond line for on the job training. Can Hyatt assign those specialist to answer diamond line’s calls?

Yes, I do have a concierge line, but diamond line has always served my needs.
168 is offline  
Old May 13, 19, 3:39 pm
  #12  
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Location: Miami, Florida
Programs: UA Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Gold, IHG Spire
Posts: 3,389
No excuse for bad phone reps, but I don't see how it's faster or better to cancel a reservation by phone than via an email to one's concierge. Hyatt provides them specifically so we don't need to call.
joe_miami is offline  
Old May 14, 19, 11:34 am
  #13  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: May 2019
Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Posts: 14
When I first experienced an agent not knowing what a quaterly promo was in October I had called the number on the back of the World of Hyatt membership card.
Before anyone comments i did not call the number on my World of HYatt Visa.
Last week I again dialed the number on the WOH plastic card.
I do have a concierge but I would think the agents who answer the number on general WOH line should know what a Quaterly bonus is.
And they should not hang up on a guest.
Regarding the concierge.. my concierege called me last week.
She was very nice.
Yesterday I decided to call her to ask her about something odd in the app.
It was showing that I had used 3 nights at the same Hyatt property and one night at another Hyatt property.
None of it was accurate.
I assumed it was an app glitch but wanted to make sure.
I called my concierge but it was her day off.
I ended up with another concierge.
She was really nice BUT HAS NEVER SEEN THE APP!
...????
Ok what is up with this company?
Also while I appreciate this concierge deal, the agents at the 800 number of the membership card ought to know the promos.
This is ridiculous.
Dubaiq8nyc7 is offline  
Old May 14, 19, 11:42 am
  #14  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: May 2019
Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Posts: 14
Regarding Marriott, I am also Titanium with Marriott and never have had a rep issue ever.

During the Starwood merger I needed a room at St Regis and there was some major computer glitch as the agent was booking me but she worked around it and knew what to do,

I'm not understanding what is going on at Hyatt.

The number i called where the agent did not understand anything was the number on the back of the plastic card mailed to me when hit Globalist.

I'm not understanding how the agents who answer could not have training on the Quarterly promotions?

In October the agent was baffled as was the agent last week and both were beyond rude.

I'm now in shock that the "concierge" I spoke to yesterday has NEVER seen the app.

What is going on here?????
Dubaiq8nyc7 is offline  
Old May 14, 19, 11:51 am
  #15  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: May 2019
Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Posts: 14
Someone above mentioned emailing the concierge.

I book via the app.

If I have a question I would think I could call a number and the agent who answered would could answer a question.

I don't need one more email to send when I send and receive dozens per day.

I also do not grasp this BS of calling special numbers to get a person who can answer me politely and not hang up on me.

I stayed from July 1 to August 15 at Trump International NYC property in a suite.

The bill was 92,000 with tax.

I considered the Park Hyatt for my next long term NYC stay but no way in hell will I give Hyatt that kind of business.

Whomever runs these call centers needs FIRED ASAP
Dubaiq8nyc7 is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread