Community
Wiki Posts
Search

World of Hyatt Bad Service

Search this Thread

Old May 14, 2019, 12:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

How was the suite? (OT but for $92k I'm curious)

I liked the PHNY a lot but I'm guessing you will be disappointed in it (go read the PHNY thread before booking a long stay there -- the service may not be up to your expectations). Or maybe go spend a weekend there before committing to a month and a half.

I assume you have and use the app. In the app, under "contact us" there is an option to call. That's usually how I call in. Is that the same number as in the back of the card? I've always gotten great service from calling in. If a particular agent was rude to you, you should complain -- there is no excuse for that.

If you are not happy with your concierge, you can request a new one. You don't need to explain your reasons to them -- just tell than that you would like to be assigned a new one.
strickerj likes this.
Old May 14, 2019, 1:29 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA ExPlat, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Spire, Hilton Gold
A person blowing $60,000 per month on a hotel room is worried about the Q1 promo points.

This site is the best.
Old May 14, 2019, 2:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by joe_miami
A person blowing $60,000 per month on a hotel room is worried about the Q1 promo points.

This site is the best.
Why? He didn't say it was his money. Could be OPM; I have no idea what his situation is.

If had this much money to spend on hotels (mine or someone else's... preferably someone else's) Lifetime Globalist in 3+ months sounds pretty good to me.
strickerj likes this.
Old May 14, 2019, 2:53 pm
Suspended

If I had that much money to spend on hotels, I would never worry about a loyalty program ever again.
wrldwide1 and TravisMT81 like this.
Old May 14, 2019, 6:37 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Why wouldn't I want the points?
I was looking forward to the points.
I checked in January 28 and stayed until March 26th so yes I wanted the points and bonus points.
Since July I have spent about 200 days in hotels divided between Hyatt, Marriott and Trump NYC and Trump DC.
Points are points whether earned on Emirates, Delta, Qatar etc.
My post was about the agent not having any grasp of what a the Quarterly program was.
strickerj and diamond_46 like this.
Old May 14, 2019, 6:40 pm
Suspended

What was your question, anyway? Did it get resolved?

The Q1 promo didn't start until after you had checked in, and it only applied to the second and subsequent stays. I'm guessing that was the problem you encountered.
Old May 14, 2019, 6:44 pm
Original Poster

My stays are paid reimbursed by my primary client.
Regarding the Trump suite, it was suite 1610.
I think in terms of category it is their larger suite.
It had 2 bedrooms with 2 full baths and one powder room.
The lay out was a bit odd.
Super long entry hall and then very tiny kitchen and very tiny guest bedroom with microscopic guest bath.
The Trump DC standard rooms feel more luxurious.
Staff at NYC was helpful and DC also helpful.
I did try Park Hyatt NYC and found it very nice aside from the odd view.
They told me it was an upgraded room but the view was essentially the exterior of the next building.
I was facing central park but literally view of a wall.
The room itself was very nice with nice bath room.
strickerj and VegasGambler like this.
Old May 14, 2019, 6:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Dubaiq8nyc7
My stays are paid reimbursed by my primary client.
Regarding the Trump suite, it was suite 1610.
I think in terms of category it is their larger suite.
It had 2 bedrooms with 2 full baths and one powder room.
The lay out was a bit odd.
Super long entry hall and then very tiny kitchen and very tiny guest bedroom with microscopic guest bath.
The Trump DC standard rooms feel more luxurious.
Staff at NYC was helpful and DC also helpful.
I did try Park Hyatt NYC and found it very nice aside from the odd view.
They told me it was an upgraded room but the view was essentially the exterior of the next building.
I was facing central park but literally view of a wall.
The room itself was very nice with nice bath room.
Given your spend, I would highly recommend focusing on Hyatt for a while, if you do not already have lifetime globalist. Once you surpass $200k lifetime spend (1M base points) you get lifetime globalist status. It sounds like you could hit that in a quarter or two.

Lifetime globalist is a lot better than, for example, airline lifetime statuses. You get free nights and upgrade certs at the beginning of the year, automatically. If you reach the requirements for earning them "normally" throughout the year, you get a 2nd set of them. So if you would be globalist anyway through your stays, you get 2x the upgrade certs and free nights. 8 TSUs a year is really quite a lot (since each one is good for up to a 1 week stay)

I've had rather good luck with the Globalist phone agents. They have always been knowledgeable when I had questions, and have been able to do stuff that I wasn't able to (eg, when I wanted to book a room on pts that should have been available (due to standard rooms being available) but wasn't showing up on the website as available for pts, they just did it with no issues)

Re: your pts, as someone pointed out above, that promo only starts on your 2nd stay of the quarter. So if you stayed at a Hyatt after registering for the promo, but before that long stay, then you are owed some points! However if that was your first stay after registering, unfortunately, you don't get anything.

(On a side note, I would think that with that kind of spend, you would get something a little bit more personalized than the standard globalist treatment. Simply put, they really should know who you are!)
Old May 14, 2019, 7:05 pm
Suspended

Registration didn't open until Feb. 15.
wrldwide1 likes this.
Old May 14, 2019, 7:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Well, there you go. Stupid promo rules but pretty clearly stated in the marketing documentation and the terms.
wrldwide1 likes this.
Old May 15, 2019, 1:37 pm
Original Poster

I did earn Quarter 1 bonus points.
I earned I beleive 40,000.
The invoice showed regular points and the q1 bonus points.
My problem was that the agent who answered the phone had NO idea what a quarterly bonus or q1 bonus was.
I had a question about how the program and she had never heard of it and was nasty and on the edge of nuts.
As I mentioned above she also yelled at me for interrupting her as she read out loud the details.
Then to get off the phone I thanked her and said I looked forward to the Quarter 2 program and she said she didnt say there was a quarter2 and I said I know I'm just saying there ususally is and she kept saying she didnt say that and then hung up on me.
The SAME thing happened in October.
The agent had never heard of a quarterly bonus promo and was rude.
She then put her supervisor on who was clueless and when I tried to ask a question said he would disconnect the call.
That call was apparently recorded and I did get a call from Hyatt the next day after a manager heard the call and was horrified.
I'm not understanding how they have people there who are answering the phone who have no clue what a simple quarterly bonus promo is.
And I get that I have a concierge.
I get that.
The 2 times I called her it was her day off.
Both times I had to wait for someone else to take the call.
The first fill in concierge was nice BUT I had an app question and she said maybe I should call back the next day when my concierege was there.
Ok Why in God's name would I want to turn a simple question into a 10 minute phone call that I have to make again the next day?
In addition, the concierge was really nice BUT she had never seen the app.
Had no idea what the screens looked like,
What it boils down to if you need to book use the website or app.
If you call the Globalist toll free number you probably are going to get terrible service.
If you call the concierge they are very polite but your concierge may not be in and they know nothing about the app.
Again I want to clarify this was not about the points it was the inability of a phone rep to be able to answer a simple program question and the lack of professionalism ie being rude and hanging up on me.
Old May 15, 2019, 1:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Dubaiq8nyc7
If you call the Globalist toll free number you probably are going to get terrible service.
Globalist toll free number? Are you sure you didn't call the regular number?

The globalist number listed in my app is NOT toll free. It's got a 402 area code.

Open your app.
Click the menu (3 horizontal lines) in the top left
Click "Contact Hyatt"

There should be a phone number for "Globalist Line" at the top. Use that number.

I'd expect the globalist phone agents to be better than the regular ones. Although once I did have to call the regular, toll free number and the agent I got was very good.
Old May 15, 2019, 11:23 pm
Original Poster

Hi
The DISASTEROUS call resulted from me calling the number on the back side of the plastic Globalist card.
It says " Globalist Reservations and Customer Service"
(toll free when called within the country)
US &Canada
888-994-9288
I selected option 3 which is for account questions.
After this happened I did learn of the other number.
This leaves me with multiple questions
1. Why do they mail out this card with a number on it of the people who answer the line may or may NOT have training
2. Why do I have to dig for a number in the app?
3. Why would you have reps who have no concept of a quarterly bonus?
I have since learned that they have to look in a database for promos.
How hard is it to across the board to tell your reps that you have quarterly bonus programs and make sure they know the program?
Now in October when I had the rep who knew nothing literally nothing followed by her supervisor who knew even less and repeatedly told me that if I asked a q uestion would hang up on me after that call I did receive an unsolicited call from some manager who had recorded the call and was mortified.
This time around no one, I repeat no one seemed to think ti was unusual at Hyatt.
Instead they kept saying make sure you use your concierge.
Well
1. She isn't there 24/7 and getting someone else when she isn't there is a total investment of time.
2. Train your people to answer questions. Know the products.
I am just totally shocked at Hyatt's very POOR training.
And on that concierge deal, ..., the lady I did reach was nice. She was nice BUT she has NEVER SEEN THE APP.
My app question was relating to what appeared to be point redemptions that did not occur.
It seems to be an app glitch BUT again the lesson learned is that the agents don't have access to the app.
I generally do not need interaction with Hyatt.
I use the app or website.
My goal now is to just avoid Hyatt.
I think I can convert my points to airline miles even if the redemption rate isn't the best.
Old May 15, 2019, 11:45 pm

Ok first off...calm down. It sounds like a terrible British tabloid headline. DISASTROUS action by Hyatt threatens WORLD WAR 3!!

Second, seriously it was one bad rep. Big deal. Every single company, even ones with good service have those. If you expect to never ever have to talk to a different person if you don't get things how you want them, than you'll be doing business with a very small group of companies.
168 likes this.
Old May 16, 2019, 12:45 am
Suspended

I'm amazed someone who supposedly commands $45,000/month just in reimbursable hotel expenses is making this much of a deal out of a couple phone calls over a points promo.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.