FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Hyatt | World of Hyatt (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hyatt-world-hyatt-418/)
-   -   Help! Park Hyatt Mallorca unbookable with points?? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hyatt-world-hyatt/1968981-help-park-hyatt-mallorca-unbookable-points.html)

TIGRIS23 May 9, 2019 1:27 pm

Help! Park Hyatt Mallorca unbookable with points??

Hi, has anyone ever booked the Park Hyatt Mallorca in Spain with points for 2 adults and 1 child (age 5)? I was doing some searches for Sept. and Oct. this year and it wouldn't allow me to book with pts for 3 guests, but when I modified it as 2 guests, it shows king and double bed available. Is it the norm for all Hyatt properties to only allow pts booking for 2 adults per room? If so how do families like us book with pts when there's one minor child? Call and ask them to book (using additional pts--eg. 12,500 pts)? Just book as 2 guests but show up as 3? Can someone please share their experiences or knowledge? Thanks!

Dsm2m2 May 9, 2019 2:46 pm

As long as you are still within a refundable period, I would always recommend to book first (in this instance 2 adults only) and then call to make modifications.

"Hello, I just received my email confirmation and realized I forgot to add a child to the reservation. Is this something you can modify for me?"

craigthemif May 9, 2019 3:00 pm

Book and then call or email. I had no trouble getting a rollaway bed brought into a suite for a friend.

TIGRIS23 May 9, 2019 3:11 pm

Originally Posted by Dsm2m2 (Post 31084581)
As long as you are still within a refundable period, I would always recommend to book first (in this instance 2 adults only) and then call to make modifications.

"Hello, I just received my email confirmation and realized I forgot to add a child to the reservation. Is this something you can modify for me?"

Great, thanks Dsm2m2! So I would guess if I get an agent that's not helpful, I would do the HUCA?

TIGRIS23 May 9, 2019 3:12 pm

Originally Posted by craigthemif (Post 31084628)
Book and then call or email. I had no trouble getting a rollaway bed brought into a suite for a friend.

Thanks craigthmif, that's great to know! Would this method also apply with all inclusives such as the Cancun Ziva or another other Zivas?

sensei May 9, 2019 6:48 pm

Yes, if you are prepared to pay the extra per person point fee ( unless under 3 years).

Originally Posted by TIGRIS23 (Post 31084653)
Thanks craigthmif, that's great to know! Would this method also apply with all inclusives such as the Cancun Ziva or another other Zivas?

craigthemif May 10, 2019 1:13 am

Originally Posted by TIGRIS23 (Post 31084653)

Not a chance. The all-inclusives do everything in their power to charge more for whatever they can.

There's no guarantee at the PH Mallorca either. It is far more popular today than when I visited awhile back, so they might have started to charge for extra guests. Have you read through the thread for the property?

jameswes May 10, 2019 1:40 am

Originally Posted by Dsm2m2 (Post 31084581)

I can almost guarantee that's not going to work. You will need to talk to the HOTEL, not customer service. Customer Service is just going to say "The occupancy is only listed as 2, you can't book it for 3, would you like me to cancel for you".

You'll want written confirmation from the hotel saying that it's ok to have a child as the third person and that they will accommodate with a rollaway/crib/whatever.

jameswes May 10, 2019 1:45 am

Originally Posted by TIGRIS23 (Post 31084336)
Hi, has anyone ever booked the Park Hyatt Mallorca in Spain with points for 2 adults and 1 child (age 5)? I was doing some searches for Sept. and Oct. this year and it wouldn't allow me to book with pts for 3 guests, but when I modified it as 2 guests, it shows king and double bed available. Is it the norm for all Hyatt properties to only allow pts booking for 2 adults per room? If so how do families like us book with pts when there's one minor child? Call and ask them to book (using additional pts--eg. 12,500 pts)? Just book as 2 guests but show up as 3? Can someone please share their experiences or knowledge? Thanks!

I can also say from experience that in the US, I've never had an issue showing up with more people than the listed occupancy.
However, I would never do this internationally because they can be very strict about the occupancy policy and so I've always either contacted the hotel or gotten 2 rooms (or in your case, if you have a TSU or can get the suite upgrade, I think their suites do accommodate 3).

TerryK May 10, 2019 3:38 am

Misleading thread title. :(

I just booked 4 night stay with points for 2 adults. No problem.

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hyat...er-thread.html

TIGRIS23 May 10, 2019 9:13 pm

Originally Posted by jameswes (Post 31085914)
I can also say from experience that in the US, I've never had an issue showing up with more people than the listed occupancy.
However, I would never do this internationally because they can be very strict about the occupancy policy and so I've always either contacted the hotel or gotten 2 rooms (or in your case, if you have a TSU or can get the suite upgrade, I think their suites do accommodate 3).

Thanks a bunch for the insightful info jameswes!

stephem May 11, 2019 7:10 am

I have stayed here several times and only use points and cash or points. I have 3 kids, they have always been in one room. I booked over the phone the first time to make sure. This place is super family friendly, of course you can do this.

TIGRIS23 May 11, 2019 9:25 pm

Originally Posted by stephem (Post 31089854)
I have stayed here several times and only use points and cash or points. I have 3 kids, they have always been in one room. I booked over the phone the first time to make sure. This place is super family friendly, of course you can do this.

Hi stephem, thanks for the info! So you booked 2 rooms then--one for adults and one for your 3 kids? And when you book over the phone for the 3 kids/in one room, were you charged 25,000 pts or more? Thanks!