Is having breakfast twice allowed?

Old May 6, 19, 10:17 pm
Original Poster

Programs: CX DM, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton DM, Marriott Plat
Is having breakfast twice allowed?

Does any one know the office rule by Hyatt regarding breakfast in the restaurant?

Will be running the Sydney Half Marathon on 19th May, my race will start around 7:30, restaurant open 6am - 11am on a Sunday. Planed to go at 6 and grab my light breakfast, finishes race around 9:30, head back, have a shower and sure will be hungary enough to go for a big meal after the run.

I used to have two breakfasts at lounge which according to lounge access rule it would be fine for sure. However with Prive rate booking, I would like if me and my friend (both running), would be able to have breakfast twice in the same morning at the restaurant.

Thank.
Old May 7, 19, 9:03 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by Ausriver View Post
Does any one know the office rule by Hyatt regarding breakfast in the restaurant?

Will be running the Sydney Half Marathon on 19th May, my race will start around 7:30, restaurant open 6am - 11am on a Sunday. Planed to go at 6 and grab my light breakfast, finishes race around 9:30, head back, have a shower and sure will be hungary enough to go for a big meal after the run.

I used to have two breakfasts at lounge which according to lounge access rule it would be fine for sure. However with Prive rate booking, I would like if me and my friend (both running), would be able to have breakfast twice in the same morning at the restaurant.

Thank.
The lounge is fine because it's a "come and go" whenever you want.

I would guess that it's less than 50% chance you'll get both of your breakfasts comp'd. And unfortunately for you, the second breakfast is the big one.

I'd suggest just doing something on your own for first breakfast and save the bigger one to be waived after the run
Old May 7, 19, 2:56 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Can you get an early light breakfast in the lounge and then go to the big restaurant breakfast later?

Since it's the marathon, can you ask the hotel for an early grab and go bag, with the understanding that you'll eat in the restaurant later?

Your room should have a coffee maker, so it might be better to just self cater (lots of convenience stores around Sydney) exactly the food you want before the run. There *might* be a room minibar with expensive OJ.
Old May 8, 19, 5:09 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist View Post
Can you get an early light breakfast in the lounge and then go to the big restaurant breakfast later?

Since it's the marathon, can you ask the hotel for an early grab and go bag, with the understanding that you'll eat in the restaurant later?

Your room should have a coffee maker, so it might be better to just self cater (lots of convenience stores around Sydney) exactly the food you want before the run. There *might* be a room minibar with expensive OJ.
This would always been a good option. However, I thought since this is the forum, I would like to know what really the hotel restaurant rule is.
I would assume, at a buffet restaurant with no set time limit, guest can request the restaurant to keep the table for him if he's just going out for a short period of time, i.e. going to the loo.
Old May 8, 19, 9:44 am

Programs: AA explat,Adm Club,Priority Club, and all nonsense in my comic book mind.
This would always been a good option. However, I thought since this is the forum, I would like to know what really the hotel restaurant rule is.
I would assume, at a buffet restaurant with no set time limit, guest can request the restaurant to keep the table for him if he's just going out for a short period of time, i.e. going to the loo.
Try contacting the hotel and see what they say?? or better yet the GM?? its special circumstances.
Old May 8, 19, 1:02 pm

Programs: UA- Pl (2MM), AA-Go, Delta-Silver, Hyatt-Globalist!, MR/SPG comb - Plat, Hilton - nada
I'm often an early riser - esp on Int'l travel with jet lag. Not unusual for me to go to the lounge right when it opens - have coffee, maybe fruit & pastry...then partake of the full breakfast later - either also at the lounge or in the restaurant, if offered.
I try not to "abuse" it - the 1st one is very light...never had a problem doing that

That is for Diamond/Glob...I don't know anything about staying on the Prive rate and how they might treat that.
Old May 8, 19, 1:15 pm

Programs: Frontier 100K, AC SE100K, BA Gold, WN A-/CP, Hyatt Globalist
Official T&C is surely one breakfast per night. I suspect Hotel front desk would be confused if two restaurant/buffet charges posted to your bill. If at different times (6a and 10a) they woukd think one was misposted. Or, some restaurants go by a printout of whose rooms are inclusive of breakfast. If they crossed out your room # at 6am, they may not be too receptive when you show up at 10am.

Our Hyatt record has been 3 free breakfasts on a one night stay. Two separate restaurants first day (super early 7am checkin granted), and one restaurant the morning of checkout.

I suggest OP ask at the restaurant at 6a: Can I grab something quick now before my race and return for full breakfast later? Could always mention dietary restriction before the race but not after.
Old May 8, 19, 4:12 pm
Moderator, Delta Skymiles and Mileage Run

Programs: DL Diamond, Hyatt Diamond, former AS MVPG 75K, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold

Thank.
Tell them what is going on. They may make you a deal
Old May 8, 19, 5:23 pm
Original Poster

Thanks folks. Being a guest with status mean more options, and obviously a lite breakfast at lounge would always be the option. Also different hotel restaurant management system would have different issues, i.e. the lounge at Hyatt Regency Sydney, they have a print out guest name, that normally means the second visit you need to tell them that you're re-entering. Some restaurants checks room number on a computer, with no bills to sign, some would send a bill to sign...

However, if I am entitle to have restaurant breakfast, at anytime during breakfast, why not.

Search this Thread