Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Green choice points not being credited

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 5, 2019, 1:29 pm
Original Poster

I opted in for Hyatt's Green Choice for a recent stay and they are refusing to credit me the points because I didn't opt in. I confirmed this at check in so not only did I not get my room made up they aren't giving me those points. It was a 4 night stay. I suggest recording all your front desk interactions if you're status-less like me because they'll just make up an answer and call you a liar. I suppose I should make an additional complaint that whoever was assigned to my room never made up the bed, dusted, no towel change, ect? Yes I'm irritated and overall fed up with Green Choice across Hyatt, Marriott/SPG as I always had to chase after someone to credit it and make any excuse not to. Those 1,500 points would get me a redemption so I'll just stay elsewhere now.
Old May 5, 2019, 1:35 pm

I think their green choice isn't really well implemented now.

And in terms of being cheap, 1500 points doesn't give you a redemption at Hyatt. If you mean their lowest redemptions start quite a bit lower than Hilton or Marriott or IHG, then yes.
Old May 5, 2019, 1:38 pm
Original Poster

I mean those 1,500 points added to my current balance would get me a redemption I was looking forward to.
Old May 5, 2019, 3:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Personally I would keep escalating this -- regardless of the number of pts, you are entitled to them. But if you are going to abandon your points balance over 1500 pts you are not hurting anyone but yourself.
MarkOK likes this.

Last edited by VegasGambler; May 6, 2019 at 2:32 pm
Old May 6, 2019, 2:17 pm
Original Poster

After a few more emails they are crediting me those points. I'm "happy" that I'm getting them but rolling my eyes that this process even had to occur.
Old May 6, 2019, 2:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Be thankful you aren't staying at Marriotts...
Old May 6, 2019, 2:42 pm

Programs: Hilton LTD, Hyatt Glob, Marriott LTTE, AA LTP, Avis PC, National EE, Seabourn DE
Originally Posted by inter_change
It was a 4 night stay. I suggest recording all your front desk interactions if you're status-less like me because they'll just make up an answer and call you a liar. .
Did you know status-less people are not allowed to post on here?
Old May 6, 2019, 3:22 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA ExPlat, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Spire, Hilton Gold
... Yes I'm irritated and overall fed up with Green Choice across Hyatt, Marriott/SPG as I always had to chase after someone to credit it and make any excuse not to. Those 1,500 points would get me a redemption so I'll just stay elsewhere now.
I average about 80 nights per year at Hyatt and can't recall running across the Green Choice option a single time yet.
MasterPlanner likes this.
Old May 6, 2019, 3:39 pm

Originally Posted by joe_miami
I average about 80 nights per year at Hyatt and can't recall running across the Green Choice option a single time yet.
I've seen it at a Hyatt House, was told it was a pilot.
Old May 6, 2019, 4:12 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, AA Gold, FB Gold, ITA Volare Executive
I had a recent experience like OP's at a HP -- two night stay, thought I had opted in, nothing at checkout. Different in that it was resolved at checkout. Wish I could remember where I posted about this, but, yeah, I agree with sOssos (above): the thing just isn't well-implemented yet. I mean, IIRC, I opted in by putting some tag on the door. But -- seriously -- what is the motivation of the poor, hardworking folks that do the rooms to make sure that whatever they tick (or don't tick) on some sheet of paper makes its way into the computer system at the front desk? There is all the room in the world for this kind of notification and credit to slip through the cracks. Until this becomes something acceded to at check-in, like turning over your credit card, or asking for a late checkout to be noted, things are ripe for the sorts of misunderstandings experienced by OP. Anyhow, my suggestion for now is that anyone who wants this should contact the frontdesk immediately and proactively generate a rhetorical version of a paper trail.

Note to mods: Re-title this thread so that it concerns Green Choice (or whatever they are calling it)?
Old May 6, 2019, 4:13 pm
Suspended

After a few more emails they are crediting me those points. I'm "happy" that I'm getting them but rolling my eyes that this process even had to occur.
My policy is to give the hotel 1 chance to make go,f they dont then straight to corporate (CS) no matter the chain, and usually they get it taken care of

How fast the hotels forget what 2008+ was like for them
Old May 6, 2019, 4:20 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA ExPlat, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Spire, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Biggie Fries
... the thing just isn't well-implemented yet. I mean, IIRC, I opted in by putting some tag on the door. ...
That's one of the dumbest things I've ever heard. That type of system is basically an invitation for housekeeping to go spend 20 minutes on their phone while claiming to have cleaned your room. Unless the hotel has cameras in the hallways, by the time checkout comes, no way to prove one way or the other.
Old May 6, 2019, 5:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Biggie Fries
I had a recent experience like OP's at a HP -- two night stay, thought I had opted in, nothing at checkout. Different in that it was resolved at checkout. Wish I could remember where I posted about this, but, yeah, I agree with sOssos (above): the thing just isn't well-implemented yet. I mean, IIRC, I opted in by putting some tag on the door. But -- seriously -- what is the motivation of the poor, hardworking folks that do the rooms to make sure that whatever they tick (or don't tick) on some sheet of paper makes its way into the computer system at the front desk? There is all the room in the world for this kind of notification and credit to slip through the cracks. Until this becomes something acceded to at check-in, like turning over your credit card, or asking for a late checkout to be noted, things are ripe for the sorts of misunderstandings experienced by OP. Anyhow, my suggestion for now is that anyone who wants this should contact the frontdesk immediately and proactively generate a rhetorical version of a paper trail.

Note to mods: Re-title this thread so that it concerns Green Choice (or whatever they are calling it)?
Starwood managed to post these nearly almost without fail for me 9 years in a row...it's not that complicated once it's a new policy/plan.
Old May 6, 2019, 5:54 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, AA Gold, FB Gold, ITA Volare Executive
That's one of the dumbest things I've ever heard. That type of system is basically an invitation for housekeeping to go spend 20 minutes on their phone while claiming to have cleaned your room. Unless the hotel has cameras in the hallways, by the time checkout comes, no way to prove one way or the other.
Originally Posted by UA-NYC
Starwood managed to post these nearly almost without fail for me 9 years in a row...it's not that complicated once it's a new policy/plan.
I can't disagree with either of you. Alas, I am not running the program, only (occasionally) experiencing it as it appears to be implemented currently.
Old May 6, 2019, 6:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I saw it at the centric in HNL.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.