Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Can you add my globalist number to wife’s reservation (we will both be there)

Old May 4, 19, 3:51 pm
Original Poster

Programs: United 1P, Alaska MVPG 75K, Hyatt Daimond

My wife and I have an eight night stay in Asia and we both have the Citi Prestige. So we plan to get the fourth night free under my card and then the fourth night under her credit card. However, she has no status. Could I add my number to her reservation and use my status for the second of four nights. We are both staying at the hotel so I am not giving the benefits to someone else
Thanks
Old May 4, 19, 11:17 pm

The globalist benefits are tied to the person who books the reservation. You can call the hotel and see if they’ll allow you, u have a good shot
Old May 5, 19, 2:03 am

Programs: BA Gold, TK E+, IB+, VS FC, Hyatt Globalist, MR Plat Prem, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
By the book... no elite benefits unless booked in your name.

In practice hotels might still let you stay in the same room and/or give you breakfast.

It's also worth valuing the points and elite nights you would earn, benefits you would be guaranteeing, etc. against the cost of paying for that fourth night. i.e. all 8 nights in your name.
Old May 7, 19, 4:38 am

Programs: CX DM, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton DM, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by convert View Post
My wife and I have an eight night stay in Asia and we both have the Citi Prestige. So we plan to get the fourth night free under my card and then the fourth night under her credit card. However, she has no status. Could I add my number to her reservation and use my status for the second of four nights. We are both staying at the hotel so I am not giving the benefits to someone else
Thanks
I have had free nights redeemed with my wife's credit card, called the hotel to add my status, details and number to the booking, upon arrival receive all Globalist benefits.

Search this Thread