Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Grand Reserve Puerto Rico REVIEW MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hyatt Grand Reserve Puerto Rico REVIEW MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Dec 8, 2021, 11:05 pm

We'll be renting a car, but I am in a few Puerto Rico groups on facebook and it seems uber TO the hotel is pretty simple if coming from San Juan or SJU. FROM the hotel is not so easy, but folks have been pretty happy with the taxis/car services arranged by the hotel. There seem to also be plenty of other car service options available (shared on the fb group) though I cannot vouch for any.
Old Dec 10, 2021, 12:05 pm

In room dining? Is the Italian restaurant with the pizza open?

Most importantly how is the food?
is it now being served with " pre pandemic " service levels or is it brown bag and plastic forks?
Old Dec 10, 2021, 4:32 pm

Originally Posted by writetorich
Please post about the experience and the non breakfast offerings throughout the day.

Tomorrow is the Hard" opening of the club lounge
I am staying at the resort this week, Checked out the club this afternoon. They are still saying soft opening barely anything there when we went.
They mentioned something about having some appetizers from 4-7pm
writetorich likes this.
Old Dec 10, 2021, 4:33 pm

It is open, no plastic forks and all.
writetorich likes this.
Old Dec 10, 2021, 4:36 pm

Originally Posted by projectmaximus
We'll be renting a car, but I am in a few Puerto Rico groups on facebook and it seems uber TO the hotel is pretty simple if coming from San Juan or SJU. FROM the hotel is not so easy, but folks have been pretty happy with the taxis/car services arranged by the hotel. There seem to also be plenty of other car service options available (shared on the fb group) though I cannot vouch for any.

The rental is best if you are travelling to nearby attractions ,I heard from others taxi can be expensive overall.
That being said if you stay is entirely at the resort tax/uber might be better.
Old Dec 21, 2021, 12:59 pm

Bump

Any recent stays or other tidbits?
Old Dec 21, 2021, 5:57 pm

Originally Posted by writetorich
Any recent stays or other tidbits?
We just finished up a short stay here. Overall, the property is just lovely. A couple of things to note, in no particular order:

1. Before arriving the Resort Director reached out to us and let us know that we would upgraded as Globalists to an Ocean Front room. This also showed in the app. Well, upon arrival, we were told that no Ocean Front rooms were available and were given a room facing a public walk way. We were disappointed, but what are you going to do? The room was quite spacious, and the tub/shower area is excellent.
2. The Regency Club is open from 1pm-7pm only. There are snacks (cookies, hand fruit, granola bars, chips, nuts, dried fruit), soft drinks (Sprite, ginger ale, Coke, Diet Coke, bottled water), coffee (from a fancy machine) and tea available. There is also an honor bar, with beer for $4 and wine for $8. Between 4-6pm, there are appetizers (grilled veggies, cheese, chips with salsa/guacamole, quesadillas, mini empanadas, veggies with dip, etc).
3. Globalist breakfast is in the Water's Edge restaurant. There is a buffet and a few a la carte options, too. I highly recommend using the omelet station if you want eggs, as the scrambled eggs in the regular buffet area are just gross. Otherwise, quite a nice buffet, with a fruit/yogurt area, bagels with lox and toppings, regular hot entree items (waffles, sausage, bacon, potatoes, eggs, etc), some really decent pastry items, etc.
4. We asked for and easily received 4pm check out, which was quite nice.
5. No stupid towel games by the pool/beach--no cards or other nonsense. They just give you towels. This is great.
6. Fairly decent amounts of seating by the pool and TONS of seating on the beach.
7. The main pool is awesome, but VERY cold. The little pool (which I think might only be for Club Rooms?) is warmer.
8. Nice pod coffee maker and hot water pot with tea bags in the room, along with lots of water bottles in the mini fridge.

Let me know if you have any questions I missed. We really enjoyed our stay!
Old Dec 22, 2021, 12:46 am

Awesome updates! Glad you had a great stay.

1) Is the club still in soft opening? Or is this the way they're going to be for awhile (1p-7p and breakfast at the restaurant)
2) No kids club or kids activities I presume?
3) Any indication of how the hotel will handle operations differently (if at all) with the new Executive Order starting on Dec 27? (unvaxxed and over 5yo must do 7-day quarantine upon arrival, restaurants must check all guests for proof of vax or a negative test in the past 48 hrs, etc)
Old Dec 22, 2021, 2:56 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by projectmaximus
3) Any indication of how the hotel will handle operations differently (if at all) with the new Executive Order starting on Dec 27? (unvaxxed and over 5yo must do 7-day quarantine upon arrival, restaurants must check all guests for proof of vax or a negative test in the past 48 hrs, etc)
Haven’t seen any Executive Order going into effect December 27th related to vaccines or 7 day quarantines. Do you have a link?

The only thing I could pull up was an NYC mandate beginning then, which wouldn’t impact this property at all.
Old Dec 22, 2021, 9:00 am

Originally Posted by Matt4200
Haven’t seen any Executive Order going into effect December 27th related to vaccines or 7 day quarantines. Do you have a link?

The only thing I could pull up was an NYC mandate beginning then, which wouldn’t impact this property at all.
EO for Puerto Rico. They've been having them pretty much monthly as the situation ebbs and flows (and they are stricter than any of the states)

Spanish version: https://www.elnuevodia.com/noticias/...mida-y-bebida/

English summary: https://puertoricoresidents.com/topi...p_vVoQg5ovfKNY
Old Jan 3, 2022, 8:20 pm

Just finished a stay as a Globalist. Upon arrival, was only asked for proof of vax. Was upgraded to an ocean view from with direct beach access. Buffet breakfast. Regency Club is open during the day but doesn't offer much. They have hors d'oeuvres from like 4:30 to 6. Club pool was a big benefit since the main pool was really crowded and it was closer to the rooms. Kids Club is closed. Besides a few games like Jenga, there isn't anything for kids. Much better for couples than families.

Resort is isolated but there are a lot of dining options if you drive out 10-20 mins.

Last edited by yeahman; Jan 3, 2022 at 8:26 pm
Old Jan 4, 2022, 12:06 pm

There is a club pool? I noticed there is a separate pool but seems to be open to everyone. Anyway, considering the resort is so spread out did not feel the crowd at all even post Xmas. If they put in some nice standard suites for me to use TSU, I’d say for sure I will be returning.
Old Jan 10, 2022, 7:45 am

Originally Posted by yqx733
There is a club pool? I noticed there is a separate pool but seems to be open to everyone. Anyway, considering the resort is so spread out did not feel the crowd at all even post Xmas. If they put in some nice standard suites for me to use TSU, I’d say for sure I will be returning.
No. There is a nominally "adults-only" pool farther northeast from the main pool (near the ocean-view rooms, not as far north as the suites). There is a private pool next to the spa building, which is for use by people who have booked the spa on the same day.
Old Jan 11, 2022, 2:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Just cancelled my return trip to this hotel for next week. Kind of sad, because I was looking forward to the better-than-Florida January weather. I was willing to take my chances on the local Covid restrictions/limitations -- including whatever the resort wanted to do -- but the new 2-day testing rule was the last straw. I'll wait for PR to decide they want to be normal again.
hotelfanatic likes this.
Old Jan 11, 2022, 7:14 pm

Originally Posted by solarbear
No. There is a nominally "adults-only" pool farther northeast from the main pool (near the ocean-view rooms, not as far north as the suites). There is a private pool next to the spa building, which is for use by people who have booked the spa on the same day.
The website actually mentions a "quiet club pool" so it sounds like it's become a secondary but not exclusively club, pool. It also mentions a kiddie pool, in addition to the main pool. So three pools total?

Originally Posted by iahphx
Just cancelled my return trip to this hotel for next week. Kind of sad, because I was looking forward to the better-than-Florida January weather. I was willing to take my chances on the local Covid restrictions/limitations -- including whatever the resort wanted to do -- but the new 2-day testing rule was the last straw. I'll wait for PR to decide they want to be normal again.
We are here at the moment and I'm thinking prices are dropping due to the lower demand. Not sure but our rental car price dropped significantly. The HR rates appear unchanged however.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.