Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Grand Reserve Puerto Rico REVIEW MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hyatt Grand Reserve Puerto Rico REVIEW MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Nov 14, 2021, 10:52 pm

Misread a post
Old Nov 15, 2021, 12:11 pm

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
I prefer it that way now, or even just a quick grab and go option.
They have a Market thats open till midnight - has grab and go stuff like snacks, sandwiches, salads, pastries.
Old Nov 15, 2021, 6:36 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by Antshill
They have a Market thats open till midnight - has grab and go stuff like snacks, sandwiches, salads, pastries.
....but not real dinner.
Old Nov 15, 2021, 6:52 pm

Originally Posted by RioAg
I saw that the show Fantasy Island was filmed at the resort- could that partially explain why the suites/villas were unbookable for at least a period of time?

https://www.prnewswire.com/news-rele...301347450.html

was the "wildcard hard to get a read on" that is the subject of this thread the only on location hotel used for shooting ?
Old Nov 15, 2021, 7:33 pm

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
....but not real dinner.

ahh no… Where would you find grab and go dinners? I’m trying to think if I’ve come across such a thing
Old Nov 19, 2021, 6:19 am

Lounge is on Website

Available to World of Hyatt Globalist and guests who purchase Regency Club level access. The Regency Club is a private lounge that offers exclusive services, such as complimentary food and beverage items.

Soft Opening November 15th – December 7th
Daily 1:00 p.m. – 7:00 p.m.
Complimentary snacks and non-alcoholic beverages
Daily selection of appetizers from 4pm – 6pm
Honor bar for beer and wine

Grand Opening December 8th
Daily 7:30 a.m. – 7:00 p.m.
Complimentary continental breakfast 7:30 a.m. - 11:00 a.m.
Complimentary snacks and non-alcoholic beverages 11:00 a.m. - 7:00 p.m.
Daily selection of appetizers from 3:00 p.m. – 6:00 p.m.
projectmaximus and dagangwood like this.
Old Nov 19, 2021, 8:05 am

Originally Posted by writetorich
Available to World of Hyatt Globalist and guests who purchase Regency Club level access. The Regency Club is a private lounge that offers exclusive services, such as complimentary food and beverage items.

Grand Opening December 8th
Daily 7:30 a.m. – 7:00 p.m.
Complimentary continental breakfast 7:30 a.m. - 11:00 a.m.
Complimentary snacks and non-alcoholic beverages 11:00 a.m. - 7:00 p.m.
Daily selection of appetizers from 3:00 p.m. – 6:00 p.m.
Glad to see this, especially the soft opening portion that would suggest better management in place. Also, this is in keeping with their schedule all along as I had noted upthread they have been selling club rooms starting Dec 8th. We've postponed our visit to Jan...only bummer will be missing out on restaurant breakfast but I always felt, assuming selection is good quality, I'd rather have the lounge open.
Old Nov 19, 2021, 8:43 am
Original Poster
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: WOH - Globalist, HHonors - Gold, Marriott - Gold
Originally Posted by writetorich
Looks like until December 7, it's restaurant breakfast and club access in the afternoon for Globalists. Nice. Will be there in a couple days to confirm.
Old Nov 19, 2021, 9:36 am
soy

Programs: various
Originally Posted by projectmaximus
Glad to see this, especially the soft opening portion that would suggest better management in place. Also, this is in keeping with their schedule all along as I had noted upthread they have been selling club rooms starting Dec 8th. We've postponed our visit to Jan...only bummer will be missing out on restaurant breakfast but I always felt, assuming selection is good quality, I'd rather have the lounge open.
This may be a downgrade, pre-covid the reports on the lounge offering here were distinctly underwhelming
Old Nov 19, 2021, 1:03 pm

Originally Posted by soy
This may be a downgrade, pre-covid the reports on the lounge offering here were distinctly underwhelming
Fair concern. The optimist in me hopes that, as with all things at this hotel, improvements have been made over the past 5 months with the management changes. I remember breakfast complaints as well, that seem to have improved. But we'll see...
Old Nov 19, 2021, 7:16 pm
soy

Programs: various
Originally Posted by sch_flyer
Looks like until December 7, it's restaurant breakfast and club access in the afternoon for Globalists. Nice. Will be there in a couple days to confirm.
Don't forget to post back here with what you find out
Old Nov 19, 2021, 7:40 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Due to COVID-19, lots of good restaurants were offering grab and go dinners, including a bottle of wine (depending on local regulations). For instance, I have fond memories of a grab and go steak dinner at aHR where they kindly offered to put real plates and silverware, including a steak knife, in the bag. At another HR, grab and go dinner was grilled salmon, again with real plates and silverware and of course wine. IME most hotel restaurants are willing to prepare any item on their menu as grab and go. In fact, I know a HR that preCOVID-19 had a full room service menu that could be picked up at the Market (grab and go) if one wished before midnight or otherwise delivered to the room 24/7, presumably using mostly disposable stuff. It was a cost-effective way (for both the hotel and the guest) to have 24/7 room service.
Old Nov 21, 2021, 6:24 pm
Original Poster
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: WOH - Globalist, HHonors - Gold, Marriott - Gold
Originally Posted by soy
Don't forget to post back here with what you find out
Checked in today, and can confirm that until the club is fully open, Globalists receive full restaurant breakfast as well as afternoon club access. The club looks to have been remodeled (or at least rearranged) to make the inside space more open. There's still a nice outdoor area as well. Food and beverage offerings were similar to what they were pre-covid, and are fairly limited - not really a dinner replacement, more of an appetizer. Today, they had some bagged potato chips, roasted and fresh vegetables, hummus, olives, cheese cubes, veggie tarts, mini spanakopita, and corn fritters, along with cookies and some dried fruit and nuts. Drinks were limited to bottled water, Coke (regular and diet), Sprite, and a coffee machine. Beer and wine available for purchase ($4/$8 respectively). Here are a couple photos from the club:

Club appetizers (mostly picked over as they were closing the buffet)

Club entrance and reception
Old Nov 21, 2021, 6:55 pm

Anyone waiting on word about the kids club (as I had been after a previous guest mentioned it opening for limited hours on the weekend) will be saddened to know that I reached out to the hotel directly and they said they do not have a kids club. When I mentioned the previous guests' comment they replied that there is a general activity that occurs poolside that has been getting referred to as "kids club" but it is simply part of the general hotel activities and parents of young children still need to be present. There's no actual physical kids club nor is there any way to leave young kids unattended.)

On the bright side, the hotel replies to emails very promptly.
Old Nov 22, 2021, 11:50 pm

Food prices are NOT gauging a " captive audience".

I saw the menus with the prices. Exactly what you expect.
I can Not reconcile all the comments on Trip Advisor , Expedia , booking dot com
It's the same as street prices for Manhattan , San Francisco , Miami etc
maybe people paying $250 a night non peak are not use to the prices.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.