Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Grand Reserve Puerto Rico REVIEW MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hyatt Grand Reserve Puerto Rico REVIEW MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Jun 3, 2021, 12:27 pm

Programs: SPG Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Loews Platinum
I'd be curious to find out what the problem with the suites is. But yes clearly there is something going on. They look beautiful inside. If anyone has any questions about what they are like inside let me know.
Old Jun 3, 2021, 12:39 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by platbrownguy
I think there are some problems with the 6 suites. Not sure what, but my hunch is that some substantial remediation is required before they will be able to sell them for the desired rates.
HUMMMMM. It's a little hard to imagine the sort of severe construction or materials issues that would impact only the suites and take so long to fix. Are they located together in a place where the ground might be unstable or subject to some sort of prohibition (finding bodies buried there? severe environmental damage? endangered species? harmful materials such as asbestos or a chemical spill/dump? raw sewage smell of unknown origin?).
Old Jun 3, 2021, 12:53 pm

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
HUMMMMM. It's a little hard to imagine the sort of severe construction or materials issues that would impact only the suites and take so long to fix. Are they located together in a place where the ground might be unstable or subject to some sort of prohibition (finding bodies buried there? severe environmental damage? endangered species? harmful materials such as asbestos or a chemical spill/dump? raw sewage smell of unknown origin?).
The suites look and smell beautiful. You know, I wonder if it's like some kind of contract issue or something they are negotiating with the contractor.
Old Jun 9, 2021, 11:41 am

I booked this room last year.
Old Jun 9, 2021, 11:58 am

Programs: AA ExPlat, Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium
The onslaught of 1* and 2* ratings the hotel is getting on TripAdvisor continues. It sounds like the staff training, food and beverage program, and housekeeping are the biggest gaps at the moment.
The review posted on June 7 has a particularly amusing title: I went so you don't have to.

We are going during July 4 week for 5 nights as a family of four. I am setting our expectations as low as I can going in so we try to avoid too much frustration. It sounds like if we are patient, try and avoid the hotel's food and beverage outlets, and when we do try and get there early (e.g. breakfast or dinner right when they start) we can still have an enjoyable beach and pool vacation.
Old Jun 9, 2021, 1:04 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hyatt Globlist, Hilton Silver, Amtrak Select Plus, UA Silver
Best if you have a car so you can go out to dine if resort cannot accommodate. Also, try to visit the rain forest (Visit El Yunque National Forest | Discover Puerto Rico), is worth the trip especially if you have a car. Is not too far from the resort but you need to get vehicle entry ticket in advance ($2). Or pay tour guy about $100 a head. You can get tickets 24 hours before hand also (8 am an 12 noon). They go fast so you should visit the website (Reservaciones Para El Yunque / El Yunque Reservations, El Yunque National Forest - Recreation.gov) and register to allow easier checkout.
Old Jun 9, 2021, 2:24 pm

This is the backup plan, just in case things got worse from here.
Old Jun 22, 2021, 11:26 am
soy

Programs: various
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist

There is a sign about filming Fantasy Island, and warning you may appear on-screen if you venture any further down where the villas are. My suspicion is they are using the Presidential Villa for filming as there is a temporary access to that without going through the resort. At first I thought it was some construction, but now I think its for filming as the sign on the gate into it says "basecamp" rather than construction site or similar. Also the Presidential Suite/Villa is the only one with water in its pool, but is clearly not hosting guests. Definitely looks like a film set. I guess they probably decided to keep the other villas shut or at least not rush to open them while the filming is going on.
Old Jun 22, 2021, 11:47 am

Originally Posted by soy
There is a sign about filming Fantasy Island, and warning you may appear on-screen if you venture any further down where the villas are. My suspicion is they are using the Presidential Villa for filming as there is a temporary access to that without going through the resort. At first I thought it was some construction, but now I think its for filming as the sign on the gate into it says "basecamp" rather than construction site or similar. Also the Presidential Suite/Villa is the only one with water in its pool, but is clearly not hosting guests. Definitely looks like a film set. I guess they probably decided to keep the other villas shut or at least not rush to open them while the filming is going on.
Ah! (https://variety.com/2021/tv/news/fan...ke-1234961573/) Well maybe that was the plan all along and the reason for the delay. Some marketing via a TV Show.
Old Jun 23, 2021, 12:12 pm

This is from tripadvisor. I never know hyatt actually charges for coffee refills?
Old Jun 23, 2021, 12:22 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hyatt Globlist, Hilton Silver, Amtrak Select Plus, UA Silver
Not sure about the off the menu but when we got the buffet, they did not charge for refills as it did not show on the bill. So not sure about when ordering off the menu.
Old Jun 23, 2021, 1:36 pm

Programs: DL PM; IHG PlatAmb; Hilton Dia; Marriott Plat; Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by tonysmom

This is from tripadvisor. I never know hyatt actually charges for coffee refills?
This post illustrates, like many of the TA reviews, an unsavvy customer. If you think a Hyatt should give free cokes because cruises do, I do not trust your review.

"Hyatt" doesn't charge for coffee refills. Particular properties' restaurants might. This may have been a mistake, without more info, who knows.
platbrownguy likes this.
Old Jun 23, 2021, 1:57 pm

Programs: Delta DM, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Rewards Platinum Elite, Hyatt Globalist
I will jump in here and just provide some context from the travel advisor side of things. But this hotel has been absolutely awful to work with in terms of Privé and general customer service. We're meeting several VP's from Hyatt on Friday to get a corrective action plan put into place which might involve Hyatt sending task force from other hotels and resorts to help improve the service levels at the Hyatt Regency Grand Reserve.

Depending on how the call goes on Friday, we might end up making the decision to no longer book the resort.
SP03 and MSPeconomist like this.
Old Jun 23, 2021, 3:57 pm

Programs: DL PM; IHG PlatAmb; Hilton Dia; Marriott Plat; Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by bcosinteno
I will jump in here and just provide some context from the travel advisor side of things. But this hotel has been absolutely awful to work with in terms of Privé and general customer service. We're meeting several VP's from Hyatt on Friday to get a corrective action plan put into place which might involve Hyatt sending task force from other hotels and resorts to help improve the service levels at the Hyatt Regency Grand Reserve.

Depending on how the call goes on Friday, we might end up making the decision to no longer book the resort.
Just to clarify, based on my experience back in April, I agree this hotels service is abysmal. It's just that complaints like "they didn't give free cokes" (or "it's far from San Juan" or "it should be all-inclusive") devalues the legitimate complaints. (For example, in my case, a leaky ceiling that took over an hour and multiple calls for someone to respond to, a ladder that stayed outside my room blocking access for three days, and a manager that walked in on me naked without an apology. )
Old Jun 23, 2021, 4:43 pm

Originally Posted by Adam1222
..... and a manager that walked in on me naked without an apology. )

WHAT?!!?!?! What was the manager doing naked?
MSPeconomist and 59Impala like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.