Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

For some China Hyatt, NO 5 Points earn using Chase Hyatt Card

Old May 2, 19, 11:18 am
Original Poster

I just noticed that I only earned 1 point per 1$ I spent on some Hyatt hotels in China,using Chase Hyatt Card
e.g., the Sanya Park Hyatt.

I guess the reason is that the merchant name on credit card statement is local Chinese owner instead of Hyatt.

Shall I talk with Chase or Hyatt?
Old May 2, 19, 12:18 pm

You should talk to chase.

Also you are only supposed to get 4pts, not 5.
Old May 2, 19, 11:17 pm

Location: The place where it gets so hot in the summer some planes can't take off.
Programs: Marriott LT Titanium, WoH Globalist, National EE, United Platinum
I had a similar issue with Chase Marriott and a hotel in Portland. You're going to talk to some misinformed robots at first when calling Chase, if they try to tell you only participating properties count (all Hyatt's are participating) hang up and call in for another rep. In the end they verified the property was on Marriott's site (should be same for Hyatt) and compensated me the additional points for the charge.
Old May 3, 19, 5:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by rebyang View Post
......I guess the reason is that the merchant name on credit card statement is local Chinese owner instead of Hyatt.

Shall I talk with Chase or Hyatt?
This is my pet peeves with Chase. Some properties, especially those in China but others too, process charges in local owner's name. Chase system doesn't recognize those as Hyatt charges and require manual credit. I even have trouble with checkouts processed at Grand Club. Charges showed up as Hyatt xxx Grand Club and Chase claimed that outsourced clubs are not eligible. Chase rep probably thought Grand Club is a night club.

You may need to follow up multiple times as some Chase reps will refuse to credit.

Search this Thread