FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Hyatt | World of Hyatt (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hyatt-world-hyatt-418/)
-   -   Hyatt Centric Milan Centrale REVIEW - MASTER THREAD (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hyatt-world-hyatt/1967902-hyatt-centric-milan-centrale-review-master-thread.html)

khabah May 2, 2019 3:22 am

Hyatt Centric Milan Centrale REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Hotel now open; takeover of the former La Gare Hotel Milano.

https://www.hyatt.com/en-US/hotel/it...centrale/mxpct

khabah

Hyatt Centric Brand Expands into Italy with Opening of Two New Hotels in Venice and Milan
Hyatt Centric Murano Venice and Hyatt Centric Milan Centrale mark first entry for the lifestyle brand into Italy

CHICAGO (May 1, 2019)Hyatt Hotels Corporation (NYSE:H) announced today the opening of Italy’s first two Hyatt Centric branded hotels – Hyatt Centric Murano Venice and Hyatt Centric Milan Centrale. The hotels offer 119 and 141 guestrooms, respectively, and mark a significant milestone for Hyatt’s growth in Europe, targeting adventure-seeking travelers.

Hyatt Centric Murano Venice
Hyatt Centric Murano Venice, Hyatt’s first hotel in Venice, is located in the popular tourist destination of Murano, world famous for its handmade glass. The modern hotel is located steps from the renowned Murano Glass Museum and is close to Basílica dei Santi María e Donato, one of the oldest churches in the Venetian lagoon. The hotel is a 20-minute private boat ride from the airport and guests will have easy access into central Venice via a 10-minute boat ride. Built within the walls of an ancient glass manufacturing furnace, Hyatt Centric Murano Venice is home to landmark glass manufacturer Venini’s artwork. The property offers contemporary rooms and suites overlooking the Grand Canal of Murano, allowing guests to enjoy the views of Venice from the sanctuary of the island of Murano. For relaxation after walking through the winding “Calli” of Venice, the hotel offers wellness facilities that include a sauna, Turkish bath and fitness center.

“We are thrilled to introduce the Hyatt Centric brand to Venice with the opening of Hyatt Centric Murano Venice,” said Leonardo Ometto, general manager of Hyatt Centric Murano Venice. “With its fantastic views of the Grand Canal of Murano, combined with the central location and exquisite interiors, the hotel provides the perfect launchpad for guests who are looking to explore the vibrant city. Our passionately engaged team is happy to provide local expertise to create shareable moments for our guests.”

Hyatt Centric Milan Centrale
Hyatt Centric Milan Centrale sits in the heart of the vibrant Porta Nuova district. Situated within walking distance of the metro and Central Station, the hotel serves as the perfect launchpad to discover the bst Milan has to offer. Its neighborhood area has undergone significant restoration, recently transforming into Milan’s most high-tech and international district. The area is known for its many notable businesses, beautiful residential towers and the ultra-fashionable Corso Como. The majority of the guestrooms offer private balconies with views across the city, along with terraces within the suites. The property boasts a rooftop bar with 360-degree views of Milan. Guests who want to relax will find a Roman bath with jetted tub, as well as a sauna, Turkish bath, salt cave and a relaxation room.

“Hyatt Centric Milan Centrale is in the perfect location for travelers who don’t want to miss any moment of adventure that Milan has to offer,” said Andrea Pallavicini, general manager of Hyatt Centric Milan Centrale. “Knowing the Hyatt Centric brand encourages exploration and discovery, our curious guests will be in the heart of the action to immerse themselves in all the city’s hotspots.”

The two new hotels in Italy bring the number of Hyatt Centric branded properties in Europe to five, joining Hyatt Centric La Rosière, Hyatt Centric Gran Via Madrid and Hyatt Centric Levent Istanbul.

“The acquisition of the two properties has been a perfect opportunity to follow up on the long-standing teamwork with Hyatt,” said Matthias Lowin, managing director of German Feuring Group. “After the announcement of the Hyatt Regency development in Düsseldorf and the Hyatt Place development at Frankfurt-Airport, we are very excited to be an integral force behind the introduction of the Hyatt Centric brand to Italy.”

The term “Hyatt” is used in this release for convenience to refer to Hyatt Hotels Corporation and/or one or more of its affiliates.

For further information:
About Hyatt Centric
Hyatt Centric is a brand of full-service lifestyle hotels located in prime destinations. Created to connect guests to the heart of the action, Hyatt Centric hotels are thoughtfully designed to enable exploration and discovery so they never miss a moment of adventure. Each hotel offers social spaces to connect with others in the lobby, meanwhile the bar and restaurant are local hot spots where great conversations, locally inspired food and signature cocktails can be enjoyed. Streamlined modern rooms focus on delivering everything guests want and nothing they don’t. A passionately engaged team is there to provide local expertise on the best food, nightlife and activities the destination has to offer. For more information please visit hyattcentric.com. Follow @HyattCentric on Facebook and Instagram, and tag photos with #HyattCentric

About Hyatt Hotels Corporation
Hyatt Hotels Corporation, headquartered in Chicago, is a leading global hospitality company with a portfolio of 19 premier brands. As of December 31, 2018, the Company's portfolio included more than 850 properties in 60 countries across six continents. The Company's purpose to care for people so they can be their best informs its business decisions and growth strategy and is intended to attract and retain top colleagues, build relationships with guests and create value for shareholders. The Company's subsidiaries develop, own, operate, manage, franchise, license or provide services to hotels, resorts, branded residences, vacation ownership properties, and fitness and spa locations, including under the Park Hyatt®, Miraval®, Grand Hyatt®, Alila®, Andaz®, The Unbound Collection by Hyatt®, Destination®, Hyatt Regency®, Hyatt®, Hyatt Ziva™, Hyatt Zilara™, Thompson Hotels®, Hyatt Centric®, Hyatt House®, Hyatt Place®, Joie de Vivre®, tommie™, Hyatt Residence Club® and Exhale® brand names, and operates the World of Hyatt® loyalty program that provides distinct benefits and exclusive experiences to its valued members. For more information, please visit www.hyatt.com.

Source: https://newsroom.hyatt.com/news-releases?item=123829

rebyang May 15, 2019 10:21 am

Just read reviews on trip advisor... It was a SOFITEL hotel? So now for Hyatt Globalist member, do we need to pay for using the swimming pool/spa ? pay for the omelette? ...

cevawn Sep 22, 2019 5:17 am

Recent stay

I stayed at the Milan Centric on a Friday and Saturday night in September as a globalist, and here is a mini review.

The hyatt centric is within close walking distance of the Milan centrale train station and several metro stops. The building is easily spotted at night because of brightly lit windows. The black out shades work amazingly well. The entrance is not very grand, but cozy. They were doing work in the foyer when I was there so a lot of it was blocked off.

I had booked my nights using points for one stay and a cat 1-4 for the other. I was upgraded to a king deluxe room without asking. Upon checkin the receptionist gave me a token for a free drink at the rooftop bar. I'm not sure if that was globalist or if everyone gets that token.

The room was very large for europe. The furnishings were in good shape. The king bed was very comfy. The bathroom was a decent size with a shower, no tub. There was a coffee maker and a fridge. I was given free bottled water. Room was very high up, with a decent view of the city. There was a lot of electronic controls for the lighting and black out curtains all over the room. Only annoyance was as an american all of the outlets were standard European, but I did have an adapter so was fine.

Breakfast was free, and could be taken at the buffet or at room service. I did the buffet one day and it was pretty decent sized. Meats, cheeses, eggs, salad, fruit, yogurt, cakes, croissants, etc. They even had panacotta which was delicious. Decent service, but mostly self serve. I also did room service breakfast one day. They had a form to fill out w a number of set breakfast choices. It arrived and it was a lot of food for one person. I had a cappuccino, orange juice, fruit plate, 2 yogurts, and a baskets of croissants, muffins, and bread. Could easily feed 2 people and probably more. Good quality as well.

My first night in I got in late so went to the rooftop bar. The bar was packed, beautiful view, fairly loud euro rock music. I ordered the burrata and a cocktail. Surprisingly tasty and beautifully presented. Because of the drink chit the cocktail was taken off the bill which was a good deal because the drinks were running 12 to 15 euros.

I ate dinner there one night as well in the restaurant. Not many people were there and atmosphere was ok. Service was good. Food was all right. I had the risotto milanese which was good although not spectacular. Price was reasonable.

Since there was renovation work going on in the hotel they were offering free access to the wellness area. Normally it would be 15 euros although its unclear if globalists would get free access without the renovation. I had to go down to the desk and they gave me a key code to the locker room. The locker room was very small. There was a robe with sandals in the locker. There was one toilet and one shower. The wellness area outside the locker rooms was coed. There was an area with reclining seats and refreshments, a salt therapy room, a Turkish steam room, a shower area, and a bath area. Unfortunately the bath area reaked of chlorine. The place was nice for being free, but not as comfortable as most hotel spas I've been too. Still a fairly impressive wellness area for a hyatt centric.

Only thing I was not pleased about was after the stay I received an email saying they needed to charge me money they had missed. The email wasnt clear it was the hotel so I called them to verify. The amount of money they were requesting was higher than expected and they had tried to charge me a breakfast as well as the dinner. The breakfast got taken off and all was sorted out.

Great value for the points and free certificate since the rooms were running over 400 euros a night. Globalist benefits were solid. Location is easy to get to and around Milan. I would definitely recommend.
https://cimg1.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...11bab4a635.jpg
Bathroom at the milan centric. Toilet, bidet, and shower.
https://cimg7.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...29da159fe4.jpg
Bed and end of bed settee
https://cimg6.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...284894b551.jpg
Restsurant space and wall art
https://cimg4.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...844a467583.jpg
Room service breakfast

59Impala Oct 2, 2020 8:49 am

With all these travel restrictions, the only place we can travel fairly easy from Switzerland is Italy. And doing so by car. Planned 2 weeks vacation in a couple of hotels, on our way down we spent 1 night here.

solid hotel, very friendly staff. Only rooftop bar/restaurant open as well as 1 restaurant for breakfast only. I received a drink voucher for my wife and myself, valid for any drink from the bar. Prices went up to 20€! Not sure if this was for Globalists only or for all guests.

They are taking the COVID situation very strict.

as i have 12 TSU which I cannot all use before expiry... I used one for a 1-nighter. Suites are on lower floors. Room size of the suite is just right. Nice bathroom, good and big shower, comfy bed.

Minibar is empty, they deliver a Nespresso machine on request during COVID.

breakfast selection very good... can order anything from the menu.fixed items/dishes, but you can mix and match.

parking is in a building next door, 25€ per night to be paid in cash in the garage. Closed over night, opens at 7 am. There is a 2nd option nearby, semi private with hotel discount, or public parking 24h

very close to main station, else not too much to do in the neighborhood. Shopping street about 10-15 minutes walk..

joachimm Apr 27, 2021 4:01 pm

Originally Posted by cevawn (Post 31550498)
I stayed at the Milan Centric on a Friday and Saturday night in September as a globalist, and here is a mini review.
Great value for the points and free certificate since the rooms were running over 400 euros a night. Globalist benefits were solid. Location is easy to get to and around Milan. I would definitely recommend.

Just booked 2 nights in September, thank you for the review. Thought I was going to be able to use points at the Park Hyatt, but the only room they have does not allow for more than 1 guest! This place seems like a nice inexpensive alternative.

UA-NYC May 11, 2021 6:43 am

Any comments on the surrounding area, esp. if not needing to utilize the benefit of the proximate train station at all?

With the PH closed, evaluating the Centric vs. one of the SLH options more city center...thx

uppereastsider May 12, 2021 10:28 am

Originally Posted by UA-NYC (Post 33242868)
Any comments on the surrounding area, esp. if not needing to utilize the benefit of the proximate train station at all?

With the PH closed, evaluating the Centric vs. one of the SLH options more city center...thx

I only stayed a few nights, but I found the ~10ish minute walk to the main shopping / restaurant area really nice and would stay there again since I felt there was much more to explore (I was on a business trip so my time was limited to just a few walks at night)

anchor79 Jul 20, 2021 6:43 pm

Debating to stay there during summer time - how well does the AC works at this hotel?

By foot, how long will it take from hotel to the train station? Is it safe?

59Impala Jul 20, 2021 11:12 pm

Originally Posted by anchor79 (Post 33424193)
Debating to stay there during summer time - how well does the AC works at this hotel?

stayed here twice.
perfectly safe.
a/c works fine. in fact it was too cold for us and we could not increase to 23/24 degrees, allthough the display showed that temp. we "complained" at the FD and we could watch the agent ajust the temp in our room on another PC. then all fine.

rbAA Jul 21, 2021 6:35 am

Originally Posted by anchor79 (Post 33424193)

I haven't stayed at the Centric, but have stayed at the Westin, nearby. The walk to the train station is short with good sidewalks. So, if you don't have too much luggage it's should be 10 to 15 minutes or so. But, it can be quite hot out, so try to avoid the middle of the day. The Metro stations are close too, so we had no trouble getting around Milan. The area is very safe, even at night we were walking around to the variety of restaurants nearby.

Kacee Jul 21, 2021 8:30 am

The area around Milano Centrale has historically been considered a bit sketchy, but it's really not that bad. The area in front of the station itself still attracts a street crowd, but I wouldn't call the area unsafe. It's mostly lacking in any charm though.

Red Raider LV Jul 21, 2021 10:49 am

Originally Posted by 59Impala (Post 33424659)
stayed here twice.
perfectly safe.
a/c works fine. in fact it was too cold for us and we could not increase to 23/24 degrees, allthough the display showed that temp. we "complained" at the FD and we could watch the agent ajust the temp in our room on another PC. then all fine.

I completed a stay here last week and really enjoyed the property. The staff are especially friendly, and the rooftop bar seems to be a popular spot for locals.

As for the AC, perhaps it is a matter of personal preference. I like it a bit cooler, and the AC couldn't be switched lower than 21, so I found the room to be a bit hot at times. That was really my only complaint about the room, but it was minor and I was never uncomfortable.

59Impala Jul 21, 2021 1:30 pm

Duplicate post

59Impala Jul 21, 2021 1:31 pm

Originally Posted by Red Raider LV (Post 33425949)
I completed a stay here last week and really enjoyed the property. The staff are especially friendly, and the rooftop bar seems to be a popular spot for locals.

As for the AC, perhaps it is a matter of personal preference. I like it a bit cooler, and the AC couldn't be switched lower than 21, so I found the room to be a bit hot at times. That was really my only complaint about the room, but it was minor and I was never uncomfortable.

in that case you could have asked the FDA to lower the temperature. They seem to set standards in terms of temperature and does not allow too much room for individual adjustment (up or down)

I agree, very friendly staff. We enjoyed the roof top bar as well.

59Impala Jul 21, 2021 1:34 pm

Originally Posted by rbAA (Post 33425255)
I haven't stayed at the Centric, but have stayed at the Westin, nearby. The walk to the train station is short with good sidewalks. So, if you don't have too much luggage it's should be 10 to 15 minutes or so. But, it can be quite hot out, so try to avoid the middle of the day. The Metro stations are close too, so we had no trouble getting around Milan. The area is very safe, even at night we were walking around to the variety of restaurants nearby.

I can highly recommend restaurant „Il Tavolino“ just across the street from the hotel.