Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Thompson Chicago - REVIEW MASTER THREAD

Old May 1, 19, 8:50 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, airline free agent

Now that it is part of Hyatt, anyone have any recent experiences? How does it compare to the Park or the two Centrics? Thanks in advance!
Old May 1, 19, 9:00 pm

I was just thinking three same thing, but was also wondering whether globalists get free parking.
Old May 2, 19, 8:03 am

Programs: AA ExPlat, Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium
Stayed last week. Very nice location and property. Front Desk was new to it but tried hard to describe and recognize Globalist benefits. Free breakfast in their restaurant was excellent. It took prompting but was upgraded to a nice junior suite. I would definetly go back there. Also a bonus its 2 minute walk to the Exhale spa which gives free classes for globalist. Nice set up.
Old May 2, 19, 8:04 am

Programs: AA ExPlat, Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium
I have also stayed at the PH once and one of the Centrics (the one south of the river). Those were nice properties too. I would say the Thompson is solid just like those other ones are. Honestly the THompson Suite I had was nicer than the PH standard room I stayed in. The Centrics are nice. All solid options in Chicago.
Old May 2, 19, 9:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.5MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Staying there in two weeks (as a new & improved Explorist!), will report back
Old May 4, 19, 12:05 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold
I stayed last Monday night as a globalist. I liked the hotel better than both Centrics. Some rooms have lake views. The breakfast I was offered was a pastry, small plate of fruit, and juice. Not sure what the previous poster enjoyed so much.
Old May 4, 19, 3:30 pm

Originally Posted by iherebyresign View Post
I stayed last Monday night as a globalist. I liked the hotel better than both Centrics. Some rooms have lake views. The breakfast I was offered was a pastry, small plate of fruit, and juice. Not sure what the previous poster enjoyed so much.
That isnít a globalist breakfast according to the terms. Did you push back?

Last edited by Dsnow0819; May 4, 19 at 4:43 pm
Old May 6, 19, 5:46 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, AA Exp
Stayed there as a globalist a week ago (paid reservation). Check-in was very much in line with anywhere at a Hyatt - thanked for being a globalist, offered a late check out (declined), upgraded to a junior suite (without prompting). They did not explain the breakfast benefit and when I asked, told me to just charge it to the room and it will be waived. There was no limit and I could order anything off the menu. Both the breakfast charge (including the tip) and premium Internet charge were waived proactively. I did have to remind them to waive the $6 charge for a bottle of water (1L) i drank from the minibar.
The hotel is very nice, their restaurant (Osteria Nico) is VERY nice. I would rate Thompson Chicago just a bit lower than PH (if comparing their junior suite to a park suite) and above both Centrics. I don't think I will be staying there all the time (it is a bit too far north from where I need to be) but it is a very nice addition to the Hyatt portfolio in Chicago.
59Impala likes this.
Old May 15, 19, 8:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.5MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Very cool hotel. Can't report on any Globalist benefits, but I was impressed...reminded me of a downtown NYC boutique hotel. Great location.

The corner rooms (really a Jr. Suite) are awesome...I got one for a pretty good $205/night. At 15K, probably the best use of a 1-4 cert in Chicago.

Forgot to ask what you are getting for your $15 Destination fee...
Old May 22, 19, 3:01 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, AA Exp
another stay at the Thompson Chicago last week, this time on points. My Globalist status was recognized at check-in, no upgrade this time but I knew that the hotel was sold out, with no suites available. Breakfast at the restaurant was comped (no limit, to my knowledge). I also had my car parked with the valet overnight - $68 (overnight fee) was waived. 4pm checkout was granted.

I did not have dinner at the hotel this time around but they do have great wine and cocktail lists at the bar
Old May 22, 19, 4:53 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, UA Premier Silver, Southwest A List,Spirit Lover
Originally Posted by iherebyresign View Post
You should pursue this. They are not following the Hyatt Globalist T&C's which clearly specify that you are entitled to an entree, hot beverage, and cold beverage.
Old May 25, 19, 9:35 am

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by lighthouse206 View Post
You should pursue this. They are not following the Hyatt Globalist T&C's which clearly specify that you are entitled to an entree, hot beverage, and cold beverage.
You're right. I was there after a flight cancellation so was charging everything to my trip delay insurance, and didn't think much of it. I'm going to message them on Twitter.
Old Aug 12, 19, 3:51 pm

Have a weekend trip coming up in September and leaning toward this hotel over Centric and Regency. Anyone use the Lexus service that's mentioned in the "destination fee" inclusions?
ceebee100 likes this.
Old Aug 12, 19, 4:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: WN CP, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by redbirdsj View Post
Have a weekend trip coming up in September and leaning toward this hotel over Centric and Regency. Anyone use the Lexus service that's mentioned in the "destination fee" inclusions?
Might also want to consider the Chicago Athletic Association hotel on Michigan Ave. Cat 4, very mice location in Loop. Have seen it over $300.
AirbusFan2B likes this.
Old Aug 19, 19, 12:04 pm

Originally Posted by toomanybooks View Post
Might also want to consider the Chicago Athletic Association hotel on Michigan Ave. Cat 4, very mice location in Loop. Have seen it over $300.
That hotel does seem nice, but my trip will be centered around Lincoln Park so I'd prefer Thompson, Centric or would go down as far as HR. Have a few short commutes I'll be doing which is why I could get some use out of the Lexus service.

Was very unimpressed with a previous stay at Hotel Lincoln.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: