Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Overlapping Hyatt stays & elite night credits

Old May 1, 19, 3:29 am
Original Poster

I have a longer Hyatt stay coming up. In the middle of this stay I have an overlapping 1 night stay at a different nearby Hyatt property. I am not expecting to receive elite night credit for the 1 night overlapping stay.

How consistently does Hyatt correctly handle crediting of overlapping stays? Should I expect to receive correct elite night credit for my longer stay without issue?
Old May 1, 19, 6:25 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
Just so I'm understanding -
You have reservation #1 Monday - Friday (4 nights)
Reservation #2 is Thursday - Saturday (2 nights)

Hyatt has been very consistent in that it would give 5 night credits (and if it's relevant for anything, 2 stay credits).
I'm not sure how it would handle promo points for those stays - for the overlapping night I'm not sure "which" stay it gives credit for (so for example if #1 was a HR and #2 was a HP, I don't know if they would give you 1,000 or 1,5000 bonus points, or perhaps it could double count and give you 2,500 bonus points?).

Regardless - if you don't get the night credit at all for the overlapping night, someone at Hyatt can fix that for you.
Old May 1, 19, 6:53 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by jameswes View Post
Just so I'm understanding -
You have reservation #1 Monday - Friday (4 nights)
Reservation #2 is Thursday - Saturday (2 nights)
My example is:
Reservation #1 Monday - Sunday (7 nights)
Reservation #2 is Thursday - Friday (1 night)
Old May 1, 19, 10:43 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
You shouldn't have any issues getting your 7 nights and either 7x1000 bonus points or 7x1500 points (if HP/HH). If something in there doesn't post, they will fix it for you.

You might get really lucky and have that one night post for night credit, and/or get the 1000/1500 bonus points, but I wouldn't expect it to.
Old May 1, 19, 11:43 am

Programs: BA Gold, TK E+, IB+, VS FC, Hyatt Globalist, MR Plat Prem, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by jameswes View Post
You shouldn't have any issues getting your 7 nights and either 7x1000 bonus points or 7x1500 points (if HP/HH). If something in there doesn't post, they will fix it for you.

You might get really lucky and have that one night post for night credit, and/or get the 1000/1500 bonus points, but I wouldn't expect it to.
As long as the one-nighter hits the account before checking out of the 7-nighter, the OP will most likely either:
  • get 1 night and have to chase the long stay
  • get all 8 nights...
I really don't think Hyatt IT is advanced enough to handle the overlap properly first time. Of course what posts now might get fixed at some point in the future. People are complaining in the other thread about being "ninja-ed" out of bonus points...
Old May 1, 19, 7:45 pm

Programs: BA Meltdown Gold, OZ♦+ (flying BR/UA), WoH♦, HH♦. Gaming: Mlife Noir, TR7*
Originally Posted by mster View Post
My example is:
Reservation #1 Monday - Sunday (7 nights)
Reservation #2 is Thursday - Friday (1 night)
I did a similar overlap last month. If Hyatt IT works for you the way it did for me, you'll get 1 night from reservation 2 and then 6 nights from reservation 1.

Bonus points were awarded the same way.
Old May 1, 19, 10:58 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by gengar View Post
I did a similar overlap last month. If Hyatt IT works for you the way it did for me, you'll get 1 night from reservation 2 and then 6 nights from reservation 1.

Excellent. Thanks for sharing that data point!
Old May 2, 19, 11:11 am

Programs: Marriott LT Tit; Hyatt Explorist; Hilton CC Gold; IHG CC Plt; Hertz (MR) 5 star
Originally Posted by gengar View Post

The question is whether Hyatt conducts an audit. Hence craigthemif's comment about being 'ninja-ed'.
Short term, I'd expect it to automatically post. I'd have to dig through the specific reference in the T&C, but a member is limited to one night credit per night.

Last edited by iflyjetz; May 2, 19 at 11:56 am
Old May 7, 19, 3:25 pm

Programs: BA Meltdown Gold, OZ♦+ (flying BR/UA), WoH♦, HH♦. Gaming: Mlife Noir, TR7*
Originally Posted by iflyjetz View Post
The question is whether Hyatt conducts an audit.
Why would an audit change anything?

Originally Posted by iflyjetz View Post
Hence craigthemif's comment about being 'ninja-ed'.
I was one of the data points in the referenced thread. The fact that it happened is more reason to believe my recent data point in this thread is the way it is supposed to work, not less.

Search this Thread