Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Members say when (paid or free early check-in at Hyatt Place properties

Old May 1, 19, 2:15 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC gold, M&M FQTV

just got an email from Hyatt about a new benefit re. early check-in at Hyatt Place hotels.

World of Hyatt members can now reserve early check-in or late checkout at Hyatt Place hotels on eligible stays.

As a World of Hyatt member staying at participating Hyatt Place hotels, don’t stress over getting into your room early or rushing to check out. Be in control of your stay with this special offer and reserve a check-in and checkout time that works with your schedule, not ours.

MEMBER:
– Early check-in at 9am or 12pm: starting at $10
– Late checkout at 2pm: starting at $10

DISCOVERIST:
– Early check-in at 9am or 12pm: starting at $10
– 2pm late checkout upon request as a World of Hyatt benefit

EXPLORIST:
– Early check-in at 9am or 12pm: $0
– 2pm late checkout upon request as a World of Hyatt benefit

GLOBALIST:
– Early check-in at 9am or 12pm: $0
– 4 pm late checkout upon request as a World of Hyatt benefit

To reserve early check-in or late checkout at Hyatt Place hotels:
  • Add it to your reservation when you book on hyatt.com within 7 days of your arrival
  • Add it to an existing reservation on the World of Hyatt mobile app within 7 days of your arrival
  • Look out for an email a few days before your arrival and reserve it then
Spend less time waiting, less time rushing, and more time doing what you want, with this exciting new Hyatt Place offer. Available for eligible stays. Subject to availability. Terms apply.

It would be better if it were at all properties but any added benefits are OK.
Old May 1, 19, 7:08 am

A 9am check in and 4pm check out is an amazing benefit as a diamond. Agree it would be nice for all but that's not realistic. With all the HP promos I think Hyatt is seriously trying to push HP revenue.
Markie likes this.
Old May 1, 19, 7:12 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by ZBigFam View Post
A 9am check in and 4pm check out is an amazing benefit as a diamond. Agree it would be nice for all but that's not realistic. With all the HP promos I think Hyatt is seriously trying to push HP revenue.
This would line up with what Bonvoy offers to Ambassador level elites with Your24, although Starriott hotels can decline the request for any reason or no reason at all.

ADDED: It's subject to availability, so it's hard to know what this really means. Every hotel could just say it's never available, or it's only available for a price so never for Globs.

Last edited by MSPeconomist; May 1, 19 at 7:21 am
Old May 1, 19, 7:13 am

Programs: AAdvantage Plat Pro, World of Hyatt Globalist, plain "member" of Marriott, IHG, enterprise, etc.
I rarely have an issue checking in early (especially at HP), rarely stay at HPs, but I like the formalization of a policy, and of course it matters a lot how it gets implemented. I wish HR's could join in on this, at least for globalists.
Old May 1, 19, 12:11 pm

Programs: BA Gold, TK E+, IB+, VS FC, Hyatt Globalist, MR Plat Prem, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
Now if only the receptionists at my regular HP would stop saying "check in is at 3pm sir" and force me to DYKWIA...

Is it really that hard to train staff to take the guest's name, do some furious typing and then say "no rooms available yet" if that's truly the only option...
Old May 1, 19, 1:48 pm
skj

Programs: UA 2MM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by craigthemif View Post
Now if only the receptionists at my regular HP would stop saying "check in is at 3pm sir" and force me to DYKWIA...
I get an email with early check in options a few days before a HP stay. I wonder if it has to be requested in advance, via the reservations system or by responding to the email. The one time I used it, for a 9am check in, there was no problem at all.

Old May 1, 19, 3:12 pm

Programs: BA Gold, TK E+, IB+, VS FC, Hyatt Globalist, MR Plat Prem, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by skj View Post
I get an email with early check in options a few days before a HP stay. I wonder if it has to be requested in advance, via the reservations system or by responding to the email. The one time I used it, for a 9am check in, there was no problem at all.
Generally it does need to be requested in advance, especially for 9am. But of course any hotel should try to find a room for a Globalist who arrives at noon...

My complaint is that I am being shooed out the door until 3pm without even asking my name, which is just bad or non-existent training...
Old Jun 14, 19, 7:36 pm

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Note that for Globs, the 4 pm late checkout is guaranteed: it's not just a request (based upon availability).
Old Jun 14, 19, 8:40 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist View Post
Note that for Globs, the 4 pm late checkout is guaranteed: it's not just a request (based upon availability).
I'm still concerned about a possible change here. The T&Cs are clear. But on the WoH home page with the Globalist benefits highlights, it says "Enjoy 4 p.m. late checkout, upon availability." I REALLY hope this is not an indication of a change coming. This is perhaps the best benefit of Hyatt, so much better than Marriott or Hilton.
MSPeconomist likes this.
Old Jun 14, 19, 8:50 pm

Programs: Delta Skymiles
I still question this, for years so many hotels would gladly offer you a room at 9 or 10 AM if they had availability free of charge. The need to nickel and dime over $10 seems to me like a massive negative to the general traveler.
boudecca likes this.
Old Jun 15, 19, 3:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Plat, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
It seems to me if a glob reserves online but shows up at 10am you might have preference over another glob that shows up 930am without reserving?
Old Jun 15, 19, 10:19 pm

Originally Posted by NJNY View Post
I'm still concerned about a possible change here. The T&Cs are clear. But on the WoH home page with the Globalist benefits highlights, it says "Enjoy 4 p.m. late checkout, upon availability." I REALLY hope this is not an indication of a change coming. This is perhaps the best benefit of Hyatt, so much better than Marriott or Hilton.
Marriott/SPG still guarantees 4 pm late checkout for top tier elites except at convention and resort properties.

IIRC Hilton is based on availability and it's generally very difficult to get beyond 2 pm.
Old Jul 15, 19, 12:36 pm
Moderator: Hawaii-based airlines & Hawai'i forums
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Location: Honolulu, Hawaiʻi [+MKK4 EBBER R577 EDSEL R577 ELKEY EXERT]
Trying to book a HP this weekend in the Boston area and noticing that if I use points, the early check-in "add-ons" do not show, but they do show if I switch the booking to a cash reservation and tells me to hurry because there are only two early check-ins available...
Old Jul 24, 19, 12:21 am

Does this thing work at all? I called the globalist line and they said it is "based on availability".
It seems basically to depend on how good the hotel is. A good hotel did this before there was this program.
Old Jul 24, 19, 7:05 am

It does happen but rarely. Basically you get an email asking your preference IF there is availability. If not no email.

Search this Thread