Hyatt Centric Murano Venice

Old Apr 30, 19, 8:59 am
Original Poster

Hyatt Centric Murano Venice

Looks like we're getting a Hyatt in Venice finally!!! Hyatt Centric Murano Venice.

https://www.hyatt.com/en-US/hotel/it...o-venice/vcect

https://www.travelweekly.com/Hotels/...nice-p53268208
Old Apr 30, 19, 9:19 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, AAdvantage EXP
Website says tomorrow - May 1st. Looks like it's a former Accor hotel (M Gallery by Sofitel).
Old Apr 30, 19, 9:20 am
Original Poster

Looks like they disabled the website... odd
Old Apr 30, 19, 11:46 am

Programs: UA Plat, AA Gold, LH Silver, Bonvoy LTTE, HH Dia, Hyatt Disc, PC Plat, CC Gold
Originally Posted by cruisingmickey View Post
Looks like we're getting a Hyatt in Venice finally!!!
Hopefully it does end up joining Hyatt HOWEVER the location is not ideal and definitely not in central Venice. See the description cut and paste from the properties current website:

Located in Murano, LaGare Hotel Venezia Ė MGallery by Sofitel is an oasis of exclusive luxury away from Venice and its chaotic and crowded life, although close enough to feel its magical charm and atmosphere.
Old May 1, 19, 7:41 am

Programs: Delta DM, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Rewards Platinum Elite, Hyatt Globalist
This is now bookable and is a Category 3 property - so a great use of a Free Night Certificate.
beachfan likes this.
Old May 1, 19, 8:20 am

Programs: UA Plat, AA Gold, LH Silver, Bonvoy LTTE, HH Dia, Hyatt Disc, PC Plat, CC Gold
Originally Posted by bcosinteno View Post
This is now bookable and is a Category 3 property - so a great use of a Free Night Certificate.
At that award category I think most will deal with the not so optimal location.
Old May 1, 19, 9:18 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, AAdvantage EXP
So is Hyatt Centric Milan at category 4
Old May 1, 19, 3:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Any opening special offer?
Old May 1, 19, 3:52 pm

Originally Posted by TerryK View Post
Any opening special offer?
i would consider the current Category 3 an opening special because itís likely to go up soon.
Old May 1, 19, 3:52 pm

Programs: Delta DM, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Rewards Platinum Elite, Hyatt Globalist
Decided to amend my current reservations in Venice next week so that I can spend 1 night here - I'll be sure to give an update after my stay.
christianj and cruisingmickey like this.
Old May 1, 19, 7:46 pm
Original Poster

Let us know how it is! Enjoy your stay.
Old May 16, 19, 12:30 pm

The hotel is surprisingly worn out for a ďnewĒ hotel. They didnít even rebrand everything. I had low expectations since I redeemed my free night awards, but Iím still disappointed. Their ferry service is a mess (they told me it was only for the airport and not Venice), check in is a mess, their staff is just confused and the whole experience has been a disappointment.
Old May 16, 19, 2:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by kajukenbo View Post
............. I’m still disappointed. Their ferry service is a mess (they told me it was only for the airport and not Venice), check in is a mess, their staff is just confused and the whole experience has been a disappointment.
It will be more helpful if you can be specific about issues. What do you mean by a mess and disappointing? Did airport shuttle not show up? Was the shuttle late? No shuttle at all? Was the staff unaware of WoH benefits? Were you assigned inferior room? Did they not provide you with breakfasts, if you are entitled to it?

I will be helpful to future guests if you can reflect those to Hyatt corporate.
59Impala likes this.
Old May 18, 19, 6:17 am

Iíll try to expound on this later, but basically donít count on the hotel ferry between Venice and the Murano. You need to plan to buy a pass to use the normal ferry. I tried, unsuccessfully, for three days to use the hotel ferry and never did. As one last shot, I tried when I checked out to grab the hotel boat to Venice. On my left, a guest asked in English and was given three different times. When I asked in English, I was given one time over six hours later. Every time I asked about the ferry I got a different answer.

Also, keep in mind the public ferries also go on strike. The front desk was not able to answer any questions regarding use of the public ferry or the strikes.

Old Jun 13, 19, 2:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I had an enjoyable one night stay at Hyatt Centric Murano. Staff is professional and well versed with WOH benefits. Hardware is relatively new and well maintained. With reasonable price point, for Venice, I have no hesitation to recommend it.

Property operates two boats which mainly provide airport shuttles. Airport shuttle service is excellent. Boat came on time and left right after we boarded. It is like a water taxi service without paying $70 each way. You do need to reserve for airport shuttle.

Shuttle to Venice, however, is an afterthought. Basically, they operate shuttle to Venice during down time of airport shuttle. As a result, Venice shuttle schedule changes daily and is only fixed the day prior. It is no surprise that kajukenbo got a different answer every time he asked for Venice shuttle schedule as it changes daily. Also beware that Venice shuttle goes to Fondamente Nove on the north side of Venice. Most tourist sights are on the south side and are still a trek from Fondamente Nove. Basically, it is not practical to rely on Venice shuttle for sightseeing but airport shuttle is great.

Search this Thread