Early check out

Old Apr 23, 2019, 9:43 am
Original Poster

Early check out

If I check out around 18:00, do I still get the full credit for staying the night? I was looking at booking Andaz SG for a 3 night stay, but I can get 4 nights for the price of 3 (actually about $40 more total). My flight out of SG is not until 20:45 with no checked bags, so there is no need to rush to the airport. I would still have late check-out if I booked the 3 day stay, but it might be worth the extra money for a few more hours and more points. I can probably drink enough of the happy hour wine to cover the additional cost
Old Apr 23, 2019, 10:09 am

Just check out after you leave the next day. Either online or automatically. Sometimes I don't have time and rarely bother going by desk when I leave.
MasterPlanner likes this.
Old Apr 23, 2019, 12:10 pm

Programs: Hyatt Glob (Barely); Marriott Plat Life; AA Up and Down Now Plat; Hilton, UA, BA, HA Peasant
I would advise you not to check out. Just in case your plane cancels and you need the room back.
jn in ca likes this.
Old Apr 23, 2019, 2:17 pm

My experience is that you will not get credit if you check out early, even if its later in the day. You must stay overnight according to the WoH rep I talked to when I tried to get credit. I had thought about doing online checkout the next day but thought I would be "nice" and let someone else have the suite I was occupying. In hindsight that probably wasn't the best move.
downinit likes this.
Old Apr 23, 2019, 2:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
You won't get credit if you check out early. Wherever you can, you should just leave without checking out - it will happen automatically in the morning.
Old Apr 23, 2019, 3:07 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
Or, just do check out in the app/website the next day if you really want to check out.
Old Apr 24, 2019, 4:22 am

Programs: QF WP, WoH Glob, Accor Plat, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
Careful though - what rate are you booking with? Most "stay x nights get 1 night free" rates don't credit the free night. Regardless of when you check out.
downinit and serfty like this.
Old Apr 24, 2019, 7:09 am
Original Poster

I was looking at Prive or Virtuoso rate to get the the 4th night free. Since my 'free night' costs $40+, I am just trying to gauge whether I should even bother with it. I am still not sure if I will have lounge access at SIN, so having a room until 18:00 may be a worthwhile asset. I suppose online checkout would be a good option. I have a 15 hour flight, so I should be landing right around check-out time.
Old Apr 24, 2019, 7:15 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by gravii
Careful though - what rate are you booking with? Most "stay x nights get 1 night free" rates don't credit the free night. Regardless of when you check out.
My understanding is that the fourth night free rates do give credit for all four nights, just as award nights found for status (re)qualification.
downinit likes this.
Old Apr 24, 2019, 7:59 am

If the rate shows $0 you will not get credit. If the rate shows a reduced price across all nights that equates to the 4th night free then you might.
VegasGambler and downinit like this.
Old Apr 24, 2019, 3:31 pm

Programs: AAdvantage ExecPlat, World of Hyatt Globalist, plain "member" of Marriott, IHG, enterprise, etc.
I don't know about Prive or virtuoso, but I recently had a 4th night free rate via booking directly with Hyatt and did not get credit for the 4th night, which I think is correct.
downinit likes this.
Old Apr 25, 2019, 7:09 am
Original Poster

I didn't expect any extra points, just a credit for qualification. Either way, it looks like I should definitely just check-out online the next day if I do get the 4th night. Thanks for the feedback.
Old Apr 27, 2019, 6:54 am

Programs: CX DM, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton DM, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by downinit
I didn't expect any extra points, just a credit for qualification. Either way, it looks like I should definitely just check-out online the next day if I do get the 4th night. Thanks for the feedback.
The is a very high chance the fourth night promotion will not give you credit for the forth night, according to all reports so far here no one has received a night credit for the fourth night yet.
Old Apr 27, 2019, 3:55 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by Ausriver
The is a very high chance the fourth night promotion will not give you credit for the forth night, according to all reports so far here no one has received a night credit for the fourth night yet.
Right. If Hyatt is giving you the night for free (on a "Nth" night free promo) I've seen many data points that you do not get night credit and I've never seen a data point that it counts.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.