Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Place Toronto/Mississauga Centre opening September, 2019

Hyatt Place Toronto/Mississauga Centre opening September, 2019

Old Oct 17, 2021, 9:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL, OZ, AC, AS, AA, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG
Originally Posted by martyYYZ
I have updated OP to say category 2
Parking is free at Square One mall
Renting a car would likely be more expensive than Uber/taxi but there's not much within walking distance of the hotel.
No cheap car rental in the Toronto airport area? I'm not very familiar with Mississauga.

Someone said there were restaurants and a grocery store nearby.

Just looking at the cash prices for this fall, I'm not sure it's really worth redeeming points as a Cat 2.
Old Oct 17, 2021, 9:43 am
Original Poster

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by lsquare
No cheap car rental in the Toronto airport area? I'm not very familiar with Mississauga.

Someone said there were restaurants and a grocery store nearby.

Just looking at the cash prices for this fall, I'm not sure it's really worth redeeming points as a Cat 2.
As an example for a rental car, I can see Thrifty has a compact car on Nov 5 for $29 including taxes/fees. For Oct 29, the rate is $68 so prices are all over the place. There are some cheaper rental places like Routes and Nextcar but reviews are poor so I would be hesitant to rent from them.

There is a Highland Farms grocery store nearby and a limited amount of restaurants, although you could always order from Uber Eats
lsquare likes this.
Old Oct 20, 2021, 7:15 pm

Programs: United 1K, AC 50K, Hyatt Globalist, Marriot Platinum

What else to do in Mississauga? .
How long do you plan on staying in Mississauga? If you are there for only a few days I would suggest renting a car as a the cost of renting for a couple of days would probably equal your Uber/Taxi ride to and from the airport. The advice given about Highland Farms (grocery), restaurants close by and Uber Eats delivery is sound. Keep in mind that outside of a small number of restaurants within walking distance and the grovery store there is very little within walking distance of the hotel. I don't think renting a car for a long term stay would be worth the cost as there is not all that much to do in Mississauga, but for a few days I would go for it. Mississauga has a ton of good and inexpensive restaurants of food from all parts of the world that are worth checking out.
lsquare likes this.
Old Oct 20, 2021, 8:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by martyYYZ
As an example for a rental car, I can see Thrifty has a compact car on Nov 5 for $29 including taxes/fees. For Oct 29, the rate is $68 so prices are all over the place. There are some cheaper rental places like Routes and Nextcar but reviews are poor so I would be hesitant to rent from them.

There is a Highland Farms grocery store nearby and a limited amount of restaurants, although you could always order from Uber Eats
Originally Posted by gspurr
How long do you plan on staying in Mississauga? If you are there for only a few days I would suggest renting a car as a the cost of renting for a couple of days would probably equal your Uber/Taxi ride to and from the airport. The advice given about Highland Farms (grocery), restaurants close by and Uber Eats delivery is sound. Keep in mind that outside of a small number of restaurants within walking distance and the grovery store there is very little within walking distance of the hotel. I don't think renting a car for a long term stay would be worth the cost as there is not all that much to do in Mississauga, but for a few days I would go for it. Mississauga has a ton of good and inexpensive restaurants of food from all parts of the world that are worth checking out.
Honestly, it'll just be a day. I'm not that familiar with Toronto. I've been there a handful of times, but I always take the UP train to the downtown core and stay there. I think the furthest I ever venture out was to Yorkdale Mall. Even the UP train wasn't that cheap. I figure if I could rent the car for cheap, I can just quickly head to Hyatt Place, park the car there, use Uber Eats for food, or drive to Square One and burn some time. If I'm working, I'll just work in the hotel. I'm thinking I might just be better off staying at a Hilton branded hotel near YYZ? There are free shuttles and I guess I can just Uber to Square One?
Old Oct 21, 2021, 5:11 pm

Honestly, it'll just be a day. I'm not that familiar with Toronto. I've been there a handful of times, but I always take the UP train to the downtown core and stay there. I think the furthest I ever venture out was to Yorkdale Mall. Even the UP train wasn't that cheap. I figure if I could rent the car for cheap, I can just quickly head to Hyatt Place, park the car there, use Uber Eats for food, or drive to Square One and burn some time. If I'm working, I'll just work in the hotel. I'm thinking I might just be better off staying at a Hilton branded hotel near YYZ? There are free shuttles and I guess I can just Uber to Square One?
If it is just a day you might as well just stay close to the airport. The Hyatt Place are is not any more interesting. I would actually recommend the Sherway Gardens Mall over Square One. It is quite big, has nicer higher end stores, and is not nearly as busy as Square One. It also has some decent restaurants.
lsquare likes this.
Old Oct 21, 2021, 6:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by gspurr
If it is just a day you might as well just stay close to the airport. The Hyatt Place are is not any more interesting. I would actually recommend the Sherway Gardens Mall over Square One. It is quite big, has nicer higher end stores, and is not nearly as busy as Square One. It also has some decent restaurants.
Yorkdale Mall have free parking as well?
Old Oct 21, 2021, 6:59 pm

Yorkdale Mall have free parking as well?
Yes, both Sherway and Yorkdale have free parking. The suburban malls generally have free parking. Yorkdale is a pretty busy mall--a lot like square one.
lsquare likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.