Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

"Wellness check" every 24 hours policy?

"Wellness check" every 24 hours policy?

Old Apr 21, 2019, 9:43 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA ExPlat, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Spire, Hilton Gold
Having the DND sign up all the time doesn't necessarily mean not ever having housekeeping. I always keep the DND sign on the door, but every few days I let housekeeping know I'd like service that day (usually, when I see them in the hallway).
Old Apr 22, 2019, 2:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: No programs & No Points!!!
Originally Posted by CloneCones
Staying at the Hyatt Regency Mission Bay in San Diego and they've come to my door every day for a wellness check. I've had my do not disturb on the door because I don't want house keeping or anyone rooting through my stuff. With all the "green" policies you would think it's a welcome sight but not here.

8pm every time. They usually knock on the door and say "house keeping", I yell back "no thanks". Then they knock on the door again and say "security wellness check" and some other mumbled stuff.

The first time they said it was state law and I called them out on that since I've stayed 50 nights in California in various hotels in 2019 alone and never had to deal with this. Now they say it's policy.

What a ridiculous policy. I won't be staying here again purely for this annoyance.

I've heard of this happening in Vegas but in a sleepy part of town in San Diego? Give me a break
One can build a bomb or amass an arsenal of guns in Vegas or San Diego.

I'm all for that policy if it means it saves someone's life.
Old Feb 14, 2021, 8:52 am
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
In which case one stays at property's which don't provide the service.
Old Feb 14, 2021, 9:34 am

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Mosaic
Thanks for bumping the thread. We thankfully haven't seen an uptick of security incidents despite hotels not entering rooms for 4, 8 days or more as a matter of policy and/or by request now. Was this your intended commentary?
Old Feb 14, 2021, 10:42 am

Programs: Hilton LTD, Hyatt Glob, Marriott LTTE, AA LTP, Avis PC, National EE, Seabourn DE
Two months into a long term stay, I comment to GM that I think my room has never been entered by any staff member, He responds "oh yeah, we've been in there.....just to be sure you're not cooking meth."
Old Feb 14, 2021, 12:55 pm

Nowadays the wellness check will be them entering your room every day to force a swab up your nose.
Old Feb 14, 2021, 12:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Originally Posted by antonius66
Nowadays the wellness check will be them entering your room every day to force a swab up your nose.
It's not the most pleasant benefit that Hyatt might offer...

David
Old Feb 14, 2021, 1:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Originally Posted by DELee
It's not the most pleasant benefit that Hyatt might offer...
especially at mainland China properties

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world...524_story.html

j/k
Old Apr 2, 2022, 5:50 pm
Suspended
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta Gold Medallion, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
On 2 recent international Hyatt stays that were each 4-5 days in length, I denied housekeeping each day. Never had any employee come check on me for 'wellness'. Also left the "do not disturb" sign on the outside door handle.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.