Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Double points at MGM

Search this Thread

Old Apr 28, 2019, 9:51 pm

Booking via Expedia

Expedia.com.hk some nice rates (+30$ F&B credit per day) - if book via Expedia, assume still get Hyatt points ?
Old Apr 28, 2019, 10:04 pm

Originally Posted by Eric the half a bee
Expedia.com.hk some nice rates (+30$ F&B credit per day) - if book via Expedia, assume still get Hyatt points ?
no, you will not get any Hyatt points
Old Apr 29, 2019, 12:23 am

Originally Posted by BaconSF

no, you will not get any Hyatt points
Tks

MGM also has the Sip & Stay offer for The Signature ($30 a night F&B credit) last day to book Apr 30...

Last edited by Eric the half a bee; Apr 29, 2019 at 1:37 am
Old May 16, 2019, 12:41 am

Programs: United Silver, Bonvoy Titanium, Hyatt Explorist
Has anyone actually received their double points yet? I completed a mgm stay over 3 weeks ago and am still waiting...
Old May 16, 2019, 1:20 am

Programs: AA Pro (mostly B6) OZ♦ (flying BR/UA), BA Silver Hyatt LT, Wynn Black, Cosmo Plat, Mlife Noir
Originally Posted by eyeball1
Has anyone actually received their double points yet? I completed a mgm stay over 3 weeks ago and am still waiting...
Did the stay itself already post?

Also, note that I got this promo for Q4 2018 and the promotional points did not show up in the line item breakdown. It was just added directly to the stay total.
Old May 16, 2019, 11:03 am

Location: San Francisco, CA & Bangkok (Home)/Lawrenceville & Switzerland (Boarding School)/Baltimore, MD (College)
Programs: DL DM, AL MVPG 75K, SQ Gold, BA Silver, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Marriot Plat, Hertz Pres Circle
Going to Vegas for my birthday, and had a few questions. 1. Would virtuoso bookings earn the double points? (They are treated as direct bookings for Hyatt properties) 2. As a globalist, I status matched to MLife Gold, but if I add my MLife number, won't the points credit to MLife instead of WOH? Anyway to double dip the benefits of MLife Gold but earn WOH points? Thanks
Old May 16, 2019, 2:26 pm

Programs: AA Pro (mostly B6) OZ♦ (flying BR/UA), BA Silver Hyatt LT, Wynn Black, Cosmo Plat, Mlife Noir
Originally Posted by Quinlanty
2. As a globalist, I status matched to MLife Gold, but if I add my MLife number, won't the points credit to MLife instead of WOH? Anyway to double dip the benefits of MLife Gold but earn WOH points? Thanks
Double-dipping is automatic - you'll earn both Mlife TCs and WoH credits/points. (Note that Mlife only earns tier credits for spend, which is probably why it works this way.)
Old May 16, 2019, 5:30 pm

Programs: DL Gold, B6 Mosaic, WoH Explorist, IHG Gold, Hertz PC, CET 7*, MLIFE Plat, Cosmo Gold
Originally Posted by Quinlanty
Going to Vegas for my birthday, and had a few questions. 1. Would virtuoso bookings earn the double points? (They are treated as direct bookings for Hyatt properties) 2. As a globalist, I status matched to MLife Gold, but if I add my MLife number, won't the points credit to MLife instead of WOH? Anyway to double dip the benefits of MLife Gold but earn WOH points? Thanks
According to the T&C's it doesn't look like you would be able to use Virtuoso. At least that's how I interpreted it.

"An M life Rewards-Eligible Stay is defined as (i) any stay where payment is made directly to a participating MGM Resorts destination in Las Vegas, (ii) any stay at a participating MGM Resorts destination in Las Vegas booked through hyatt.com or (iii) any stay booked at a participating MGM Resorts destination in Las Vegas through a Hyatt Global Contact Center."

Originally Posted by gengar
Double-dipping is automatic - you'll earn both Mlife TCs and WoH credits/points. (Note that Mlife only earns tier credits for spend, which is probably why it works this way.)
As gengar said, it's a reciprocated partnership so you would earn points for both programs. To note and add on, spend at MLIFE properties will earn you tier credits and also MLIFE points. MLIFE points can be converted to Express Comps which you can use to purchase stuff.

Last edited by easy_money; Jun 1, 2019 at 11:08 pm
Old May 16, 2019, 5:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by eyeball1
What double points - getting mgm stay to post witbin 3 weeks is a miracle
Old May 16, 2019, 6:09 pm

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Bonvoy Plat, HHonors Diamond, DL Gold
Originally Posted by azepine00
What double points - getting mgm stay to post witbin 3 weeks is a miracle
That assessment is a bit extreme. I had a stay at an MGM property last week in Las Vegas, which posted points in my Hyatt account about 5-6 days after my stay... double points and 1K/night bonus included. The bonus points were not itemized separately, as others have mentioned. If there is an issue with Hyatt points posting, it is best to contact the MGM property about a couple of weeks after the stay, so they can research and help resolve any missing points.
Old May 16, 2019, 7:40 pm

Programs: United Silver, Bonvoy Titanium, Hyatt Explorist
Originally Posted by conde
That assessment is a bit extreme. I had a stay at an MGM property last week in Las Vegas, which posted points in my Hyatt account about 5-6 days after my stay... double points and 1K/night bonus included. The bonus points were not itemized separately, as others have mentioned. If there is an issue with Hyatt points posting, it is best to contact the MGM property about a couple of weeks after the stay, so they can research and help resolve any missing points.
Yes the stay points did post a few days after the stay. I guess the double points may be included in that total, as there is no break down as you say.
Old Jun 1, 2019, 1:54 pm

Originally Posted by easy_money
To note and add on, spend at MLIFE properties will earn you tier credits and also MLIFE points.
This isn't correct, unless something has dramatically changed recently. Property spend earns TCs only, not points.
Old Jun 1, 2019, 11:09 pm

Programs: DL Gold, B6 Mosaic, WoH Explorist, IHG Gold, Hertz PC, CET 7*, MLIFE Plat, Cosmo Gold
Originally Posted by gengar
This isn't correct, unless something has dramatically changed recently. Property spend earns TCs only, not points.
You're right, I misread. Only spend on the MLIFE MC CC earns points. Thanks for the correction.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.