Double points at MGM

Old Apr 28, 19, 9:51 pm

Booking via Expedia

Expedia.com.hk some nice rates (+30$ F&B credit per day) - if book via Expedia, assume still get Hyatt points ?
Old Apr 28, 19, 10:04 pm

Originally Posted by Eric the half a bee View Post
Expedia.com.hk some nice rates (+30$ F&B credit per day) - if book via Expedia, assume still get Hyatt points ?
no, you will not get any Hyatt points
Old Apr 29, 19, 12:23 am

Originally Posted by BaconSF View Post

no, you will not get any Hyatt points
Tks

MGM also has the Sip & Stay offer for The Signature ($30 a night F&B credit) last day to book Apr 30...

Last edited by Eric the half a bee; Apr 29, 19 at 1:37 am
Old May 16, 19, 12:41 am

Programs: AC 35K, Bonvoy Titanium, Hyatt Explorist
Has anyone actually received their double points yet? I completed a mgm stay over 3 weeks ago and am still waiting...
Old May 16, 19, 1:20 am

Programs: BA Meltdown Gold, OZ♦+ (flying BR/UA), WoH♦, HH♦. Gaming: Mlife Noir, TR7*
Originally Posted by eyeball1 View Post
Has anyone actually received their double points yet? I completed a mgm stay over 3 weeks ago and am still waiting...
Did the stay itself already post?

Also, note that I got this promo for Q4 2018 and the promotional points did not show up in the line item breakdown. It was just added directly to the stay total.
Old May 16, 19, 11:03 am

Location: San Francisco, CA & Bangkok (Home)/Lawrenceville & Switzerland (Boarding School)/Baltimore, MD (College)
Programs: DL DM, AL MVPG 75K, SQ Gold, BA Silver, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, AB Gold, Hertz Pres Circle
Going to Vegas for my birthday, and had a few questions. 1. Would virtuoso bookings earn the double points? (They are treated as direct bookings for Hyatt properties) 2. As a globalist, I status matched to MLife Gold, but if I add my MLife number, won't the points credit to MLife instead of WOH? Anyway to double dip the benefits of MLife Gold but earn WOH points? Thanks
Old May 16, 19, 2:26 pm

Programs: BA Meltdown Gold, OZ♦+ (flying BR/UA), WoH♦, HH♦. Gaming: Mlife Noir, TR7*
Originally Posted by Quinlanty View Post
2. As a globalist, I status matched to MLife Gold, but if I add my MLife number, won't the points credit to MLife instead of WOH? Anyway to double dip the benefits of MLife Gold but earn WOH points? Thanks
Double-dipping is automatic - you'll earn both Mlife TCs and WoH credits/points. (Note that Mlife only earns tier credits for spend, which is probably why it works this way.)
Old May 16, 19, 5:30 pm

Programs: B6 Mosaic, WoH Explorist, IHG Gold, CET 7*, MLIFE Platinum
Originally Posted by Quinlanty View Post
Going to Vegas for my birthday, and had a few questions. 1. Would virtuoso bookings earn the double points? (They are treated as direct bookings for Hyatt properties) 2. As a globalist, I status matched to MLife Gold, but if I add my MLife number, won't the points credit to MLife instead of WOH? Anyway to double dip the benefits of MLife Gold but earn WOH points? Thanks
According to the T&C's it doesn't look like you would be able to use Virtuoso. At least that's how I interpreted it.

"An M life Rewards-Eligible Stay is defined as (i) any stay where payment is made directly to a participating MGM Resorts destination in Las Vegas, (ii) any stay at a participating MGM Resorts destination in Las Vegas booked through hyatt.com or (iii) any stay booked at a participating MGM Resorts destination in Las Vegas through a Hyatt Global Contact Center."

Originally Posted by gengar View Post
Double-dipping is automatic - you'll earn both Mlife TCs and WoH credits/points. (Note that Mlife only earns tier credits for spend, which is probably why it works this way.)
As gengar said, it's a reciprocated partnership so you would earn points for both programs. To note and add on, spend at MLIFE properties will earn you tier credits and also MLIFE points. MLIFE points can be converted to Express Comps which you can use to purchase stuff.
Old May 16, 19, 5:49 pm

Originally Posted by eyeball1 View Post
What double points - getting mgm stay to post witbin 3 weeks is a miracle
Old May 16, 19, 6:09 pm

Programs: Hyatt Ex, Marriott Bonvoyed Gold, HHonors Gold, DL, CX Marco Polo
Originally Posted by azepine00 View Post
What double points - getting mgm stay to post witbin 3 weeks is a miracle
That assessment is a bit extreme. I had a stay at an MGM property last week in Las Vegas, which posted points in my Hyatt account about 5-6 days after my stay... double points and 1K/night bonus included. The bonus points were not itemized separately, as others have mentioned. If there is an issue with Hyatt points posting, it is best to contact the MGM property about a couple of weeks after the stay, so they can research and help resolve any missing points.
Old May 16, 19, 7:40 pm

Programs: AC 35K, Bonvoy Titanium, Hyatt Explorist
Originally Posted by conde View Post
That assessment is a bit extreme. I had a stay at an MGM property last week in Las Vegas, which posted points in my Hyatt account about 5-6 days after my stay... double points and 1K/night bonus included. The bonus points were not itemized separately, as others have mentioned. If there is an issue with Hyatt points posting, it is best to contact the MGM property about a couple of weeks after the stay, so they can research and help resolve any missing points.
Yes the stay points did post a few days after the stay. I guess the double points may be included in that total, as there is no break down as you say.