Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Concern about getting the world of hyatt credit card

Old Apr 14, 19, 4:57 pm
Original Poster

I like the idea of earning a lot hyatt points. My concern is that I don't always stay at hyatt properties on my annual
vacations, thus hard to justify the annual fee. any perspectives?
Old Apr 14, 19, 5:02 pm

Why do you have to always stay at a Hyatt to justify the fee? Do you only travel once per year?

You have to stay at a Hyatt once per year, at a cat 1-4 property, to use the free night, which more than pays for the fee. If you don't do that then you might want to consider a different card. Although, it's probably worth it to get the card for the first year and see how it goes, and then decide when your annual fee is due. That way, you at least get the points for the sign up bonus.
downinit likes this.
Old Apr 14, 19, 7:42 pm

Programs: Starriot Platinum, DL Silver, HHonors Gold
Another choice is the Chase Sapphire Preferred card which earns points that can be converted to Hyatt Points as one of its options.
Old Apr 15, 19, 10:23 am

Programs: UA Plat, AA Gold, LH Silver, Bonvoy LTTE, HH Dia, Hyatt Disc, PC Plat, CC Gold
Originally Posted by rtpflyer View Post
Another choice is the Chase Sapphire Preferred card which earns points that can be converted to Hyatt Points as one of its options.
Or even the Chase Sapphire Reserve if you can use the added benefits over the Preferred.
Old Apr 16, 19, 9:57 pm
Original Poster

Are there really no downgrade options?

Search this Thread