FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Hyatt | World of Hyatt (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hyatt-world-hyatt-418/)
-   -   Grand Hyatt Baha Mar with 3 kids - need advice (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hyatt-world-hyatt/1965087-grand-hyatt-baha-mar-3-kids-need-advice.html)

PointsAreMyLife Apr 12, 2019 10:26 am

Grand Hyatt Baha Mar with 3 kids - need advice

I am trying to travel to the Hyatt Baha Mar with 3 kids in November. 8 year old, 5 year old, and 1 year old. 1 year old can sleep on the floor. But it won't let me book a standard room if i put the 5th person in there, only with 2 kids does it allow it. It wants me to book a suite. Can anyone tell me if i can just book the standard room for 4 people, 2 queen beds and show up and be fine as long as I don't bring it up to them?

jameswes Apr 12, 2019 11:14 am

I don't have specific experience with Baha Mar (Yet! - heading there in January with 4 kids).
Other international properties are very particular. I do this all the time domestically and never have an issue. Internationally I just don't mess around. I would suggest you get email/written verification from the hotel that it's ok.

Peatisback Apr 13, 2019 3:58 am

This property is so disorganized that I highly doubt they will take notice.

AALoyalNYC Apr 15, 2019 3:24 pm

You mention the need to book a suite, I assume you mean the 2-bedroom suite? I'm trying to book there now, a 1-bedroom suite with a 4 and 6 year old. The booking system only permits double occupancy for nearly ALL the 1-bedroom suites, which is ridiculous. This hotel is enormous, and to limit families, willing to pay more for a nicer, larger room, to just a standard 2 queen room seems so backwards. I'm curious what you discover on this one.

I also came on here to ask if I'm the only one to experience the extreme limitation of point usage availability for Suites across the board. Nearly every destination I call (St. Kitts, Baha Mar, Aruba), while having revenue rooms available, the hotels have blocked those rooms from point usage. Also had similar experiences at Domestic Hyatts in recent past.

While the point value is now far better than Bonvoy after the Marriott/SPG merger, I'm finding that Hyatt is really restricting availability for premium room upgrades.

joremero Jul 18, 2022 4:09 pm

Originally Posted by PointsAreMyLife (Post 30992975)
I am trying to travel to the Hyatt Baha Mar with 3 kids in November. 8 year old, 5 year old, and 1 year old. 1 year old can sleep on the floor. But it won't let me book a standard room if i put the 5th person in there, only with 2 kids does it allow it. It wants me to book a suite. Can anyone tell me if i can just book the standard room for 4 people, 2 queen beds and show up and be fine as long as I don't bring it up to them?

I know it's been forever, but I'm in a similar position...what did you end up doing?