Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Do you ever check Visa Signature and Visa Infinite hotel websites for their deals?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Do you ever check Visa Signature and Visa Infinite hotel websites for their deals?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 5, 2019, 10:29 am
Original Poster

Programs: Several...

I booked a hotel through Visa Infinite at Hyatt Aviara in San Diego. But, then I went to Visa Signature website to check on their deals, they had a "get every 4th day free" offer. It saved me $1,689.52

The benefits aren't much different. I only lost the extra $75.00 for going from Infinite to Signature.

Visa Infinite:

Premium Benefits
  • $75 USD food or beverage credit
  • Best available rate guarantee
  • Automatic room upgrade upon arrival, when available
  • Complimentary buffet breakfast daily
  • Complimentary in-room Wi-Fi, when available
  • VIP Guest status
  • Late check-out upon request, when available
  • $50 USD Food or Beverage credit

Visa Signature:

Stay 4 nights or more at Park Hyatt Aviara Resort, Golf Club and Spa and enjoy every 4th night free when you pay with your Visa Signature® card.

Offer also includes the Visa Signature Luxury Hotel Collection’s 7 premium benefits:

Best available rate guarantee
Automatic room upgrade upon arrival, when available
Complimentary buffet breakfast daily
Complimentary in-room WiFi, when available
$50 USD food or beverage credit
VIP Guest status
Late check-out upon request, when available

I found the hotel deal by accident, but then realized they have a lot of deals here: https://usa.visa.com/en_us/visa-offers-and-perks/

I know most of you already know about this kind of thing, but I was stunned that I could find a better deal through Visa Signature than through any place else.
Old Apr 5, 2019, 1:03 pm

Originally Posted by soliloquy
I booked a hotel through Visa Infinite at Hyatt Aviara in San Diego. But, then I went to Visa Signature website to check on their deals, they had a "get every 4th day free" offer. It saved me $1,689.52

The benefits aren't much different. I only lost the extra $75.00 for going from Infinite to Signature.

Visa Infinite:

Premium Benefits
  • $75 USD food or beverage credit
  • Best available rate guarantee
  • Automatic room upgrade upon arrival, when available
  • Complimentary buffet breakfast daily
  • Complimentary in-room Wi-Fi, when available
  • VIP Guest status
  • Late check-out upon request, when available
  • $50 USD Food or Beverage credit

Visa Signature:

Stay 4 nights or more at Park Hyatt Aviara Resort, Golf Club and Spa and enjoy every 4th night free when you pay with your Visa Signature® card.

Offer also includes the Visa Signature Luxury Hotel Collection’s 7 premium benefits:

Best available rate guarantee
Automatic room upgrade upon arrival, when available
Complimentary buffet breakfast daily
Complimentary in-room WiFi, when available
$50 USD food or beverage credit
VIP Guest status
Late check-out upon request, when available

I found the hotel deal by accident, but then realized they have a lot of deals here: https://usa.visa.com/en_us/visa-offers-and-perks/

I know most of you already know about this kind of thing, but I was stunned that I could find a better deal through Visa Signature than through any place else.
Seems like an awesome deal! Of course since this is the Hyatt forum, do you get Hyatt points for the stay? And when paying with your WOH card, do you get the bonus earnings?
Old Apr 5, 2019, 10:14 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by HIFlya
Seems like an awesome deal! Of course since this is the Hyatt forum, do you get Hyatt points for the stay? And when paying with your WOH card, do you get the bonus earnings?
It seems like I do. I say that because when we stayed at the Andaz in Maui, we booked through Visa Infinite and I can see my points earned: 16,494. I don't use a WOH card. I generally use my Chase Sapphire Reserve.
Old Apr 6, 2019, 7:45 am

Programs: Starwood Gold, HH Diamond,Hyatt Diamond
night credit for qualification

Are bookings with visa signature or infinite eligible for WOH night credit towards qualifying for WOH status?
Old Apr 6, 2019, 10:24 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by martinplas
Are bookings with visa signature or infinite eligible for WOH night credit towards qualifying for WOH status?
This would be my first time booking with Visa Signature at Aviara. When we were in Maui, we booked Visa Infinite (and I received points). But, I noticed both (Signature and Infinite) websites asked for my Hyatt #.
Old Apr 6, 2019, 11:10 am
ABG

Programs: Virtuoso TA, Four Seasons Pref Partner, Rosewood Elite TA, Ritz Carlton STARS TA
In this case, both Virtuoso and Hyatt Prive would offer the same comp night, but an enhanced F&B credit.
payment could be made with any card to allow the user to max out points based on their own personal goals and spend
Hyatt Prive offers the confirmed upgrade/late check out etc too, but to be fair except in suites most Aviara upgrades are view based
Old Apr 7, 2019, 7:55 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ABG
In this case, both Virtuoso and Hyatt Prive would offer the same comp night, but an enhanced F&B credit.
payment could be made with any card to allow the user to max out points based on their own personal goals and spend
Hyatt Prive offers the confirmed upgrade/late check out etc too, but to be fair except in suites most Aviara upgrades are view based
I prefer to manage my own bookings rather than use a TA. But, are you quite sure? I can't price Prive rates (that I know of). But, although the resort credit for Hyatt Prive appears to be $50.00 more than through Visa Sig, the complementary breakfast is limited to 2 people w/ Hyatt Prive. With Visa Signature the breakfast is for everyone in the Suite. At 28pp that's still a significant savings.

I did, however, price the same dates through Virtuoso and the same accommodations/dates we booked is significantly higher than the deal we booked through Visa Sig. I think the 4th night deal is unique to Visa Sig.

And yes, it's the same room. There's only one room category that has 1130 ft. and 2 bathrooms w/ Parlor. So I am comparing apples to apples. These are both for the Park Deluxe Suite:

Let me show you:

VISA SIG

VIRTUOSO

Last edited by soliloquy; Apr 7, 2019 at 9:07 am
Old Apr 7, 2019, 1:29 pm
ABG

Programs: Virtuoso TA, Four Seasons Pref Partner, Rosewood Elite TA, Ritz Carlton STARS TA
Yes, I'm sure, I don't use any online tools but can confirm this hotel has a 4th night complimentary offer for basically all of 2019
What I don't do follow is why you think you get multi-breakfasts with a Visa card promotion?
Never heard that one before.
Old Apr 7, 2019, 3:48 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ABG
Yes, I'm sure, I don't use any online tools but can confirm this hotel has a 4th night complimentary offer for basically all of 2019
What I don't do follow is why you think you get multi-breakfasts with a Visa card promotion?
Never heard that one before.
Well, if that's the case, I don't know why it's not showing up in the Virtuoso booking or on the Hyatt website booking. Why would that be? I posted the print screens for you. Also, the offer is only valid
OFFER VALID
Jan 01, 2019 – Jun 14, 2019
from what I can see.

Regarding breakfasts, it's a breakfast for each person in the suite and there are 4 on the reservation. I think that because we've used Visa Infinite bookings before (at Andaz in Maui for example) and breakfasts have always been comped for all of us.

Anyway, I was just trying to share this information for anyone that it might benefit. I get you are a Virtuoso TA and so there's incentive to defend your territory there. Have a good one.
Old Apr 8, 2019, 11:00 am

Programs: Starwood Gold, HH Diamond,Hyatt Diamond
Did not get an answer.
Do Visa Signature and Infinite reservations give qualifying night credit for WOH Tier qualification
Old Apr 8, 2019, 11:35 am
ABG

I'm not trying to defend anything, I'm just trying to figure out your logic as this is a property my team works with a lot as the value is good for our Canadian clients. If you are happy with your booking that's all that matters. I cannot explain why Hyatt's revenue team does not validate a 4th night complimentary thru all online booking tools.

Originally Posted by soliloquy
Regarding breakfasts, it's a breakfast for each person in the suite and there are 4 on the reservation. I think that because we've used Visa Infinite bookings before (at Andaz in Maui for example) and breakfasts have always been comped for all of us.
But I still don't get your data point on breakfast, besides perhaps a past experience which maybe has something to do more with Hyatt status or even how children eat free from kids menu at many Andaz properties?
If I follow your links in post #1 I get the T&C linked below
https://www.visasignaturehotels.com/about/benefits
The T&Cs offer at least continental breakfast for you and a guest, no mention of additional benefit for extra guests.
Is there something I'm missing or is it just based on past experience / anecdotal evidence ?

On another note, the ADR for your stay dates above seems to have dropped. You might want to consider rebooking for even bigger savings regardless of the booking method
Old Apr 8, 2019, 11:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

This looks like a good deal. I have a few questions.

1. (This has been asked before) Do the nights count as qualifying nights? OP said he has used this in Maui, so it should be easy to check (I'm assuming that all Hyatts will be the same)

2. If so, do the free nights count as qual nights?

3. In the Visa Infinite case, do you have to pay with your Visa Infinite card? I have a CSR too but I'd much rather put somethig like this on my Hyatt card. 4 pts / $ and 2 qual nights / $5000 is worth much more to me than 3 UR pts.

None of these are deal breakers if the savings are that big, though. Although if you have to use the Visa Infinite then that would cause me to go with Privé assuming that the deal was the same, so I could use the Hyatt card. If the deal want the same I might go with the Signature deal that was $75 more so I could use the Hyatt card.
Old Apr 8, 2019, 2:30 pm

Originally Posted by VegasGambler
This looks like a good deal. I have a few questions.

1. (This has been asked before) Do the nights count as qualifying nights? OP said he has used this in Maui, so it should be easy to check (I'm assuming that all Hyatts will be the same)

2. If so, do the free nights count as qual nights?

3. In the Visa Infinite case, do you have to pay with your Visa Infinite card? I have a CSR too but I'd much rather put somethig like this on my Hyatt card. 4 pts / $ and 2 qual nights / $5000 is worth much more to me than 3 UR pts.

None of these are deal breakers if the savings are that big, though. Although if you have to use the Visa Infinite then that would cause me to go with Privé assuming that the deal was the same, so I could use the Hyatt card. If the deal want the same I might go with the Signature deal that was $75 more so I could use the Hyatt card.
I was wondering about that as well. OP said that he found the best deal actually on the Visa Signature portal, not Visa Inifinite. But he was able to use his CSR to book, which is Infinite, not Signature. I am guessing if that is the case, it should be OK to use the WOH card which is a Signature card right? But of course, question is, will the booking trigger the WOH bonus earnings?
Old Apr 8, 2019, 6:50 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by HIFlya
I was wondering about that as well. OP said that he found the best deal actually on the Visa Signature portal, not Visa Inifinite. But he was able to use his CSR to book, which is Infinite, not Signature. I am guessing if that is the case, it should be OK to use the WOH card which is a Signature card right? But of course, question is, will the booking trigger the WOH bonus earnings?
You can book through Signature with Infinite cards. But, you can't book through Infinite with Signature cards. I'll try to remember to report back after our stay.

https://www.visasignaturehotels.com/about/benefitsVISA SIGNATURE LUXURY HOTEL COLLECTION BENEFITS: TERMS & CONDITIONS

CARD ELIGIBILITY

Only eligible U.S.-issued Visa Signature cards and eligible U.S.-issued Visa Infinite cards may book hotels at visasignaturehotels.com and receive special Visa premium card benefits.* Learn more about Visa Signature at https://usa.visa.com/visasignature/index.jsp. Visa premium cardholders in other countries may be able to receive Visa Signature Luxury Hotel Collection benefits by visiting here:www.visaluxuryhotelcollection.com
Old Apr 8, 2019, 7:03 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by martinplas
Did not get an answer.
Do Visa Signature and Infinite reservations give qualifying night credit for WOH Tier qualification
How do I determine that from looking at my account? Say for example, when I booked Andaz Maui through Inifnite, what would I see in the portal to show that?

I'm relatively knew to Hyatt as we've always had Hilton status, so I'm still learning the program.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.