Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Do you ever check Visa Signature and Visa Infinite hotel websites for their deals?

Do you ever check Visa Signature and Visa Infinite hotel websites for their deals?

Old Apr 8, 2019, 7:07 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Several...
Originally Posted by ABG
I'm not trying to defend anything, I'm just trying to figure out your logic as this is a property my team works with a lot as the value is good for our Canadian clients. If you are happy with your booking that's all that matters. I cannot explain why Hyatt's revenue team does not validate a 4th night complimentary thru all online booking tools.

But I still don't get your data point on breakfast, besides perhaps a past experience which maybe has something to do more with Hyatt status or even how children eat free from kids menu at many Andaz properties?
If I follow your links in post #1 I get the T&C linked below
https://www.visasignaturehotels.com/about/benefits
The T&Cs offer at least continental breakfast for you and a guest, no mention of additional benefit for extra guests.
Is there something I'm missing or is it just based on past experience / anecdotal evidence ?

On another note, the ADR for your stay dates above seems to have dropped. You might want to consider rebooking for even bigger savings regardless of the booking method
It could have been an anomaly. When we stayed at Andaz in Maui (booked through Visa Infinite) 2 adults and 2 teenagers received the breakfast buffet at ka'ana kitchen. If I remember correctly, breakfast buffet was nearly $50.00 pp so it was a tremendous savings. If that's not typical, that's good to know so I don't expect it going forward. Thanks!
Old Apr 8, 2019, 7:16 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by martinplas
Did not get an answer.
Do Visa Signature and Infinite reservations give qualifying night credit for WOH Tier qualification
Does this answer? This is from the Hyatt website. I booked this reservation through Visa Infinite (that print screen is below) and it's showing up there:

From Visa Infinite booking:

Last edited by soliloquy; Apr 8, 2019 at 7:22 pm
Old Apr 9, 2019, 12:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

That looks good. Does that include a free night?

If the free night counts as a qualifying night, that would be VERY good. The "4th night free" promos on the Hyatt website generally do not (the 3 paid nights do, but the free night is considered to be under a ineligible rate)

I'm not sure about 4th night free bookings under Priv or Virtuoso; maybe one of the TAs here knows, or maybe someone has a datapoint to share.
Old Apr 9, 2019, 1:13 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by VegasGambler
That looks good. Does that include a free night?

If the free night counts as a qualifying night, that would be VERY good. The "4th night free" promos on the Hyatt website generally do not (the 3 paid nights do, but the free night is considered to be under a ineligible rate)

I'm not sure about 4th night free bookings under Priv or Virtuoso; maybe one of the TAs here knows, or maybe someone has a datapoint to share.
That Andaz stay did not include a free night.
Old Apr 9, 2019, 5:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Oh.

After this upcoming stay, please come back and let us know if you got a night credit for your free night. I doubt it, but, if you do, that is very useful information (it's a great deal either way, but obviously much better if you get credit).
Old Aug 26, 2019, 9:27 am

Programs: Alaska & Hyatt
I'm done with Visa Signature Hotels. I did not get a qualifying night for my recent stay at the Andaz.
Old Aug 26, 2019, 10:11 am

Programs: Delta DM, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Rewards Platinum Elite, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by dakid23
I'm done with Visa Signature Hotels. I did not get a qualifying night for my recent stay at the Andaz.
Chase has transitioned most of their hotel bookings to Expedia's platform. If Chase is using the Expedia booking engine to do the Visa Signature or VIsa Infinite reservations, that's likely why you aren't getting qualifying night credit.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.