Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Fuji Speedway (Unbound Collection ). REVIEW MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 3, 2019, 12:09 am
formerly a193991
Original Poster
Hyatt 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist; LX SEN (*A Gold), AA LTG, SBB-CFF-FFS First Class GA

Full press release: https://newsroom.hyatt.com/news-releases?item=123817

CHICAGO (April 3, 2019) - Hyatt Hotels Corporation (NYSE: H) announced today that a Hyatt affiliate has entered into a management agreement with Towa Real Estate Co. Ltd., an affiliate of TOYOTA Group, to develop a 120-key hotel at the Fuji Speedway, Japan’s historic racing circuit. Slated to open in 2022, the project will be the first in Japan under The Unbound Collection by Hyatt brand and the first hotel in the world to be built by Towa Real Estate.

“We are excited to see The Unbound Collection by Hyatt brand in Japan for the first time with a project at Fuji Speedway, an iconic destination for motorsports fans across the globe seeking a luxury experience,” said David Udell, group president, Asia-Pacific, Hyatt Hotels Corporation. “As we look to expand Hyatt’s brand footprint in Japan, we are excited to be entering into a management agreement with TOYOTA group company, Towa Real Estate, as it builds its first-ever hotel.”

• The Unbound Collection by Hyatt at Fuji Speedway
Hotel amenities will include multiple fine dining restaurants and bars, as well as indoor pool, fitness center, spa and natural onsen hot-spring bathing facilities. The hotel interior will feature a car museum with an innovative presentation of the site’s attractions that showcase the historic significance of Fuji Speedway. Items such as rare historic automobiles and other museum-worthy collections will provide an unconventional experience that guests would expect from The Unbound Collection by Hyatt brand.

In the foothills of Mount Fuji, the hotel’s Fuji Speedway location will offer guests convenient access to motorsports events and the upcoming Motorsports Village facility, currently under development by Towa Real Estate in concert with the hotel development.

Situated on the grounds of Fuji Speedway, the hotel will offer unsurpassed views of Mount Fuji, in addition to housing a Motorsports Museum. The site’s immediate proximity to the Oyama Parking Area Smart Interchange, scheduled to open in 2021, will make the hotel’s location accessible to guests arriving from remote areas by car.

Guestrooms

The hotel will feature approximately 120 tastefully designed guest rooms and suites of at least 484 square feet (45 square meters) each, a flexible banquet room of 5,381 square feet (500 square meters), and a 2,152 square foot (200 square meter) conference room. These extraordinary facilities will position the hotel as an ideal venue for story-worthy meetings and events.
ralphs likes this.
Old Apr 3, 2019, 8:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Definitely stretching what I thought an Unbound would be but definitely somewhere car fanatics would like to be. Fuji views would be nice too.
Old Mar 23, 2021, 10:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, SEIBU PRINCE CLUB Silver, Marriott Gold
This is now showing up in hotel searches for Yokohama as a "Coming Soon" property. Still no website though.
craigthemif and 59Impala like this.
Old Mar 24, 2021, 5:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Website is now up.

https://www.hyatt.com/en-US/hotel/ja...ay-hotel/fswub

Opening date of Autumn 2022.
TravisMT81 likes this.
Old Mar 25, 2021, 1:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

A Japanese article on the new hotel (that's fairly Google Translate friendly)

https://www.as-web.jp/info/680111?all

Looks like heaven for motor sports enthusiants (and a pool, onsen, and spa for the rest of us)
Old Mar 10, 2022, 4:56 am
Suspended
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta Gold Medallion, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
Still shows an autumn 2022 opening date. Hopefully travel to Japan picks up by then

https://boutiquehotelnews.com/news/h...nd-collection/
Old Apr 7, 2022, 6:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

A few new pictures on the website now. The rooms and pool look nice!
Old Jul 11, 2022, 6:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Full website is up, and the hotel is now accepting bookings from October 8th. Cat 6, quite pricy.
59Impala and Cometstar like this.
Old Jul 12, 2022, 3:06 am

Programs: AA EXP, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, National EE
Are there any driving packages? I would totally go for this. Would be a dream to stay here for a few days and rent/drive a Gr3 (GT300?) car around the track. Hell, I'll even take a Miata, err, Roadster.
Old Jul 12, 2022, 6:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by ralphs
Are there any driving packages? I would totally go for this. Would be a dream to stay here for a few days and rent/drive a Gr3 (GT300?) car around the track. Hell, I'll even take a Miata, err, Roadster.
They would most likely be Toyotas/Lexus since this hotel is owned by a Toyota affiliate.
Old Oct 12, 2022, 4:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Looks very nice, like Andaz level of property! Will try to stay before my Globalist expires.

Old Oct 12, 2022, 8:17 am

Programs: AA EXP; DL Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist (marriage perk)
We'd also be interested in the driving experience. I know you can do something like that in Abu Dhabi but I did not see anything at the Fuji Speedway
Old Nov 2, 2022, 11:37 am

Wow, this property wasn't even on my radar until I went to check the HR Hakone for availability. Booked here for late November between PH Tokyo/Kyoto and used a TSU for a circuit view suite. SO is excited as they are the gearhead between the two of us. We'll be doing Fun2Drive again which is nearby.

No driving experiences/packages through the hotel. There is an 'Opening Offer' that includes a gasoline voucher and entry to the Motorsports Museum.

Fuji Speedway itself does offer riding experiences, though the information appears available only in Japanese. Accessible at the very bottom of their webpage, including option to drive your own car or their GR86. You can even drive a Formula car, but have to meet certain criteria including prior Formula experience or beating a certain track time.
Old Nov 2, 2022, 10:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Note that it will be a bit of a pain getting to this hotel.

If using public transportation, you'll need to go to Gotemba Station and then take a taxi to the hotel, which could be 3000 yen or so.

If driving your own car, be aware that, during winter months, you'll either need winter tires or a set of chains to use if necessary.
tearex likes this.
Old Nov 14, 2022, 9:12 pm

Programs: United 1K, Globalist Hyatt, Plat Marriott
Originally Posted by hailstorm
Note that it will be a bit of a pain getting to this hotel.

If using public transportation, you'll need to go to Gotemba Station and then take a taxi to the hotel, which could be 3000 yen or so.

If driving your own car, be aware that, during winter months, you'll either need winter tires or a set of chains to use if necessary.
We are thinking of coming here from Toyko during next summer. Any idea how long it takes for train + taxi? Or how much the taxi fare is from PH Tokyo to here?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.