Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Last day of globalist status - will I still get benefits?

Old Mar 31, 19, 7:57 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, Hyatt Diamond

My last day of globalist status will be May 31st. If I have a one night stay May 31st-June 1st, will I still get free breakfast, late checkout etc? Or does the stay need to be starting by the previous night?
Old Mar 31, 19, 8:00 am

Programs: BA Gold, TK E+, IB+, VS FC, Hyatt Globalist, MR Plat Prem, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
Strange date to lose status.

I imagine that the hotel will treat you as a Globalist on the night of the 31st. But by the time you earn points after the 1st, you might not get the tier bonus.
Old Mar 31, 19, 8:03 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, Hyatt Diamond
Yes - they gave me an (unsolicited) 4 month extension, much to my surprise, with the option of staying 20 nights in that period to retain status (which I am unlikely to do).
Old Apr 1, 19, 9:42 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by tsg20 View Post
My last day of globalist status will be May 31st. If I have a one night stay May 31st-June 1st, will I still get free breakfast, late checkout etc? Or does the stay need to be starting by the previous night?
That's a tricky one, and it is probably going to be highly dependent on which benefits you're looking at.
- Globalist lounge access: Almost guarantee they'll give it to you, no issues.
- Breakfast: If it's a "coupons" hotel, they'll give you coupons, no issues. If it's a "take the bill off at the end of the stay", it's probably 80% ok, 20% not ok. For example, if it didn't automatically come off, then the hotel is going to see you're not Glob and Hyatt support isn't going to enforce it.
- Free parking on award stays: Probably 50/50. Because that's almost always a "charge and then give a credit at the end of the stay" I'm really unsure.
- Resort fee on paid stays: Like parking, probably 50/50.

Search this Thread