Hyatt has finally gone keyless!

Old Mar 29, 2019, 4:51 pm
Original Poster
Hyatt 10+ BadgeFour Seasons 5+ Badge

Programs: QF WP (OWE), VA PLAT, EY GLD, SPG PLAT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton DIA, Hertz PC
Hyatt has finally gone keyless!

Haven’t seen this announced but after updating my app I saw a key logo on my current stay.

i clicked on it and tested it and would you believe Hyatt IT has done something that works!

caliform and cuthroat like this.
Old Mar 29, 2019, 4:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

For which property? None of my recent stays in the Tristate area had this.
Old Mar 29, 2019, 5:31 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum, JetBlue Mosaic, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska MVP Gold.
Yeah, that's new. That's big though, would love this everywhere.
Old Mar 29, 2019, 6:42 pm

Programs: AA EXP & AAirpass, Hyatt Courtesy Card, SPG Platinum
It's cool but not new. They started a pilot in 2016 and gradually expanded the number of participating properties. GH SFO was one of the first properties.

Hyatt Mobile Entry Pilot
Old Mar 29, 2019, 6:44 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Something I would never use.
skywalkerLAX likes this.
Old Mar 29, 2019, 7:07 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum, JetBlue Mosaic, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska MVP Gold.
Originally Posted by mahasamatman
Something I would never use.
That's fine, others might. I never use the Grand Club or Regency Lounge.
Old Mar 29, 2019, 8:33 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta Diamond/ Hyatt top tier(lifetime)
GHSFO, Andaz WEHO and maybe 5th had this in the past couple years. Started with a garbage app. Been intergrated to app for 18 or so months I would say.
Old Mar 29, 2019, 11:19 pm
Original Poster
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeHyatt 10+ Badge

Programs: QF WP (OWE), VA PLAT, EY GLD, SPG PLAT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton DIA, Hertz PC
I stand corrected.

It was the PH MEL. I noticed they changed the keys and locks from a swipe card to contactless, I presume RFID.

Ironically, hours before discovered this, I came back to the hotel couldn't get up the lift as I left my key in the room. I began using it last night and it saved you getting the key out each time. Far more convenient!
Old Mar 30, 2019, 5:02 am

Programs: UA GS, NH Diamond, Hyatt Lifetime Globalist (formerly Courtesy Card sadly), Amanjunkie, CLEAR
Folks, various Hyatt properties have had this for *literally two years*. OP, your subject is misleading and should be changed. The rollout has been incredibly slow and my contacts in Chicago tell me it is still years away from being implemented as policy in even their newly constructed properties.
Old Mar 30, 2019, 5:19 am
Original Poster
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeHyatt 10+ Badge

Originally Posted by ainternational
Folks, various Hyatt properties have had this for *literally two years*. OP, your subject is misleading and should be changed. The rollout has been incredibly slow and my contacts in Chicago tell me it is still years away from being implemented as policy in even their newly constructed properties.
I have never seen it, nor does the PH MEL itself even mention it.

I see no mention of it on FT, either.

Mods are welcome to change the title.
Old Mar 30, 2019, 5:44 am
skj

Programs: UA 2MM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by sensei
It's cool but not new. They started a pilot in 2016 and gradually expanded the number of participating properties. GH SFO was one of the first properties
Is the GH SFO even open yet ?
Old Mar 30, 2019, 6:48 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat, Marriot Lifetime Gold
I’m just not a fan of the keyless entry. Across brands I find it only works some of the time. If your phone battery goes you’re screwed.
Old Mar 30, 2019, 6:54 am

Programs: AA (EXP, 3 MM), Hyatt Globalist, Taj InnerCircle Silver, MLife Noir, former LHW-Aurelian
Originally Posted by skj
Is the GH SFO even open yet ?
My sense is that the author was mentioning the GH San Francisco (downtown, on Union Square) rather than San Francisco airport.
Old Mar 30, 2019, 7:04 am
formerly a193991
Hyatt 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist; LX SEN (*A Gold), AA LTG
Originally Posted by Redhead
I’m just not a fan of the keyless entry. Across brands I find it only works some of the time. If your phone battery goes you’re screwed.
agree - Useless feature in my opinion. I'd rather have a nice Diamond (sorry - Globalist) card that gets loaded with the room information and grants access. with the status on the card, it's also clear who can access lounge etc..
steve64, rwm818 and Redhead like this.
Old Mar 30, 2019, 10:14 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta Diamond/ Hyatt top tier(lifetime)
Originally Posted by 59Impala
agree - Useless feature in my opinion. I'd rather have a nice Diamond (sorry - Globalist) card that gets loaded with the room information and grants access. with the status on the card, it's also clear who can access lounge etc..
Now we are on to something.

Too bad that would require standardized iso formats on keys.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.