Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Status Match from Hilton or Marriott

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 28, 2019, 5:06 am
Original Poster

Programs: Oman Air Gold, Qatar Airways Platinum, Marriott Ambassador, HH Diamond, GHA Black, Hyatt Globalist

I am really contemplating staying with Hyatt and building up my profile there as I live in Oman and if I can earn points at the Alila this is a big pro for me, however I was wondering if anyone knew of a status match I could get with Hyatt, I am Ambassador with Marriott and Diamond with Hilton so wondering if I couldget something with Hyatt rather than starting at the bottom?
Old Mar 28, 2019, 7:43 am

Originally Posted by AbuCordoba
I am really contemplating staying with Hyatt and building up my profile there as I live in Oman and if I can earn points at the Alila this is a big pro for me, however I was wondering if anyone knew of a status match I could get with Hyatt, I am Ambassador with Marriott and Diamond with Hilton so wondering if I couldget something with Hyatt rather than starting at the bottom?
No matches. Periodically they offer promos for people who work for various (large) corporations and also send out targeted email offers to fast track. However, with those you miss the biggest most valuable benefits (such as club access or guaranteed suite upgrades) which come tied to number of stays now, not to a particular status.
Old Mar 28, 2019, 11:16 am

Programs: DL Gold, B6 Mosaic, WoH Explorist, IHG Gold, Hertz PC, CET 7*, MLIFE Plat, Cosmo Gold
There is no direct way. But you can use your Hilton/Marriott status and match to Wyndham, which gives you an automatic match to CET\Caesars Rewards as they have a partnership. Then utilizing CET to match to MLIFE which can you match directly to Hyatt, since they also have a partnership. MLIFE Gold and above gives you Hyatt Explorist. Important note, the CET to MLIFE match requires you to be in person to do the match, at an MLIFE property outside of Las Vegas. If you get Hyatt Explorist from the MLIFE match to get Explorist, you do get the annual 4 Club Lounge access awards.

This may not be a viable or feasible way for you due to your location, but figure I'd offer it as an option.
caliform, downinit and 59Impala like this.
Old Mar 28, 2019, 12:58 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum, JetBlue Mosaic, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska MVP Gold.
That's a hilarious roundabout way but if it works, it works!
Old Mar 28, 2019, 4:09 pm

Originally Posted by easy_money
There is no direct way. But you can use your Hilton/Marriott status and match to Wyndham, which gives you an automatic match to CET\Caesars Rewards as they have a partnership. Then utilizing CET to match to MLIFE which can you match directly to Hyatt, since they also have a partnership. MLIFE Gold and above gives you Hyatt Explorist. Important note, the CET to MLIFE match requires you to be in person to do the match, at an MLIFE property outside of Las Vegas. If you get Hyatt Explorist from the MLIFE match to get Explorist, you do get the annual 4 Club Lounge access awards.

This may not be a viable or feasible way for you due to your location, but figure I'd offer it as an option.
I had read somewhere that the 4 Club Lounge Access Awards supposedly went away this March, in that status matching from Mlife Gold simply granted Explorist status
Old Mar 28, 2019, 7:17 pm

Programs: DL Gold, B6 Mosaic, WoH Explorist, IHG Gold, Hertz PC, CET 7*, MLIFE Plat, Cosmo Gold
Originally Posted by freckles123
I had read somewhere that the 4 Club Lounge Access Awards supposedly went away this March, in that status matching from Mlife Gold simply granted Explorist status
Yea, that's what I read and saw in another thread. But I've matched the last 2-3 years, latest match in February this year and I received the awards this year again.
Old Mar 28, 2019, 7:18 pm

Originally Posted by caliform
That's a hilarious roundabout way but if it works, it works!
Haha, that's what status matches are for and about right!!
caliform likes this.
Old Aug 1, 2019, 10:40 pm

Programs: American Express Platinum, Chase Sapphire Reserve
One caveat is Borgata in Jersey will match Caesars but MGM Grand in Vegas will only match if you haven’t ever had MLife before. So if you want to do this in Vegas be sure not to open an MLife account until you do the status match.

I can confirm this works (it worked for us at least). We were able to go Hilton Gold (from Amex Platinum card) to Wyndham Gold to Caesar’s Diamond to MLife Gold to Hyatt Explorist!

One other thing: we stayed at Planet Hollywood with the Caesar’s Diamond before going to MGM Grand to finish this crazy status match journey. I’m not a huge Vegas guy but I will say that for me (a non-smoker) the MLife properties were a lot better air quality wise than any of the Caesar’s properties. When we do go to Vegas in future we will almost certainly favor MLife properties.
Old Jan 30, 2020, 9:48 am

Originally Posted by easy_money

I am TR diamond (Caesars) and looking to get matched to MLife gold. Would this match be renewed or is this a one time only/promo match? As for the MLife>Hyatt Explorist, when that is offered, is that typically for a promotional period or can be renewed yearly?
Old Jan 30, 2020, 5:28 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by gumercindo
I am TR diamond (Caesars) and looking to get matched to MLife gold. Would this match be renewed or is this a one time only/promo match? As for the MLife>Hyatt Explorist, when that is offered, is that typically for a promotional period or can be renewed yearly?
MLife Gold -> Hyatt Explorist is Yearly

Note that if you’re trying to go to Globalist you can have Explorist status but you still start from 0 effectively.
Old Jan 30, 2020, 9:01 pm

Originally Posted by gumercindo
As indicated in my previous post, from TR/CR Diamond to MLIFE, you would need to do it in person at one of their regional properties. AFAIK, Borgata is the only one that does it year round while the others, you would have to check their promotional pages. With the partnership between MLIFE and Hyatt, you can do the cross matches online and it usually updates instantly.
Old Jan 31, 2020, 12:19 am

Programs: LH, WoH, Bonvoy, ALL, SH-L
the user lsquare did the status match recently (see this thread) he should able to tell you all about it
projectmaximus likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.