Small Lux.Hotels properties not bookable?

Old Mar 25, 19, 7:13 am
Original Poster

Small Lux.Hotels properties not bookable?

Hi All, I'm excited with the many additions of SLH properties now that's bookable now with Hyatt points, but if there a reason why some of these properties are NOT bookable and are listed as "Hotel Not Available...Member-only hotel". What's that mean, Member-only hotel? Is there a way to book them as I find it strange if unable to but it's included in the Hyatt site. Thanks!
Old Mar 25, 19, 9:05 am

Could help of you provided a specific example of property and dates of stay, to see if we can replicate.
Old Mar 25, 19, 9:21 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by tearex View Post
Could help of you provided a specific example of property and dates of stay, to see if we can replicate.
Sure, Hotel & Spa des Pecheurs in France is not bookable in April or Aug. of 2019 (along with a list of other SLH on the list under France search in Hyatt's website). Another example is the Nobu Hotel Marbella in Spain for Aug. and Nov. of 2019. None of these properties are available for booking with points.
Old Mar 25, 19, 9:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by TIGRIS23 View Post
Sure, Hotel & Spa des Pecheurs in France is not bookable in April or Aug. of 2019 (along with a list of other SLH on the list under France search in Hyatt's website). Another example is the Nobu Hotel Marbella in Spain for Aug. and Nov. of 2019. None of these properties are available for booking with points.
Do those hotels show availability using cash for standard rooms? I often find SLH hotels not showing standard rooms available via Hyatt channel while showing availability on slh.com. I think that's how they prevent Hyatt members from booking with points. It is technically allowed under Hyatt T&C though.
Old Mar 25, 19, 9:34 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by TerryK View Post
Do those hotels show availability using cash for standard rooms? I often find SLH hotels not showing standard rooms available via Hyatt channel while showing availability on slh.com. I think that's how they prevent Hyatt members from booking with points. It is technically allowed under Hyatt T&C though.
Strangely it's not available (has same message Member-only hotel) when booking with cash only either. It's puzzling. Why have them listed on Hyatt's booking site if there're not bookable--either with points or cash? I wonder what 'Member-only hotel' means.
Old Mar 25, 19, 9:43 am

Programs: BA Gold, TK E+, IB+, VS FC, Hyatt Globalist, MR Plat Prem, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
Strangely it's not available (has same message Member-only hotel) when booking with cash only either. It's puzzling. Why have them listed on Hyatt's booking site if there're not bookable--either with points or cash? I wonder what 'Member-only hotel' means.
Member only hotel means that you must be a member of World of Hyatt to book an SLH hotel via Hyatt.

FWIW you would have to be crazy to not be a Hyatt member, since Hyatt charges a premium to the directly booked rate.
Old Mar 25, 19, 9:48 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by craigthemif View Post
Member only hotel means that you must be a member of World of Hyatt to book an SLH hotel via Hyatt.

FWIW you would have to be crazy to not be a Hyatt member, since Hyatt charges a premium to the directly booked rate.
Well that's the thing. I am a member, albeit only a Discoverist, and currently holds their credit cards. Now the search results I see are when logged into my Hyatt account.
Old Mar 25, 19, 10:41 am
formerly a193991
Hyatt 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
Hi All, I'm excited with the many additions of SLH properties now that's bookable now with Hyatt points, but if there a reason why some of these properties are NOT bookable and are listed as "Hotel Not Available...Member-only hotel". What's that mean, Member-only hotel? Is there a way to book them as I find it strange if unable to but it's included in the Hyatt site. Thanks!
not bookable would mean the hotel has no availability... at least under the hyatt terms.
hotel will still show up just like the Hyatts show up when full and not bookable. it may still be available on the SLH site, but that would not earn WoH credit.
member only means you need to be a WoH member to be able to book and has nothing to do with availability.
Old Mar 25, 19, 8:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Strangely it's not available (has same message Member-only hotel) when booking with cash only either.......
Then, it is perfectly normal. That property didn't allocate any rooms to Hyatt members for your dates.
Old Mar 25, 19, 9:07 pm
Original Poster

Got it. Alright thanks everyone for clearing that up!

Search this Thread