Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

What to do with 2 club access rewards as a Globalist?

Old Mar 17, 19, 9:10 am
Moderator, Delta Skymiles and Mileage Run
Original Poster

Programs: DL Diamond, Hyatt Diamond, former AS MVPG 75K, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold

I do understand with the new milestone rewards, you get 2 club access rewards after 20 nights, and another two after 30 nights. However, as a Globalist they really don't provide any value to me, since I get guaranteed club access as a Globalist. Which brings me to the following ideas:
  • They expire Feb 28, 2021, so if I perhaps did not re-qualify for Globalist, they would provide value next year.
  • Since I have Globalist, I don't see any value for "Guest of Honor" since my guest would still get club access.
Am I missing something here? In years past, as a "Diamond" I would never get the club upgrades when hitting nights of the lower levels. Perhaps this is just a botched rollout of the system? @World of Hyatt Concierge?
Old Mar 17, 19, 9:38 am

i’d use it to advance confirm a room on the club floors (in case hotel is sold out) which often offer upgraded amenities and decor. perhaps higher on the pecking order for suite at checkin.

also would use for a 2nd room, just in case a property tries to limit lounge access only to the room globalist occupies, as per terms.
Old Mar 17, 19, 10:38 am
formerly a193991
Hyatt 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
This have posted the answer to this (my own) question here: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/30882022-post156.html
Check out the thread for more details. Milestone Rewards

Originally Posted by ryandc99 View Post
I do understand with the new milestone rewards, you get 2 club access rewards after 20 nights, and another two after 30 nights. However, as a Globalist they really don't provide any value to me, since I get guaranteed club access as a Globalist. Which brings me to the following ideas:
  • They expire Feb 28, 2021, so if I perhaps did not re-qualify for Globalist, they would provide value next year.
  • Since I have Globalist, I don't see any value for "Guest of Honor" since my guest would still get club access.
Am I missing something here? In years past, as a "Diamond" I would never get the club upgrades when hitting nights of the lower levels. Perhaps this is just a botched rollout of the system? @World of Hyatt Concierge?
Old Mar 17, 19, 10:39 am
formerly a193991
Hyatt 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by Colin View Post
id use it to advance confirm a room on the club floors (in case hotel is sold out) which often offer upgraded amenities and decor. perhaps higher on the pecking order for suite at checkin.

also would use for a 2nd room, just in case a property tries to limit lounge access only to the room globalist occupies, as per terms.
"Club access rewards" do not confirm you into a room on the club floor, only grants access.
correct on your 2nd point can be used for someone else.
bbbb and skywalkerLAX like this.

Search this Thread