Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Párisi Udvar Hotel Budapest (Unbound) REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Párisi Udvar Hotel Budapest (Unbound) REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Old Feb 14, 20, 4:53 am

Planning a 3 night stay here in mid April. I’m debating a few options and would appreciate input from those who have stayed here:

1. Book member rate (247 EUR/nt) and try to use CLA
2. Book member rate and pay for breakfast in restaurant
3. Book Hyatt Prive at 290 EUR/nt

There are some mixed reviews re: the lounge. Mainly interested if the lounge breakfast is worthwhile. If not, would lean towards option 2 or 3. If breakfast at the restaurant is expensive, would go with 3 given the additional Prive benefits.

Thanks in advance.
Old Feb 14, 20, 10:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by csong825 View Post
Planning a 3 night stay here in mid April. I’m debating a few options and would appreciate input from those who have stayed here:

1. Book member rate (247 EUR/nt) and try to use CLA
2. Book member rate and pay for breakfast in restaurant
3. Book Hyatt Prive at 290 EUR/nt

There are some mixed reviews re: the lounge. Mainly interested if the lounge breakfast is worthwhile. If not, would lean towards option 2 or 3. If breakfast at the restaurant is expensive, would go with 3 given the additional Prive benefits.

Thanks in advance.
We are talking about BUD, where hotels usually arent expensive. Personally I would pay anywhere near 247 EUR a night, unless theres something going on in town and all hotels are charging thru the roof.

@ 8K a night it was a good deal , @ 20K I doubt Id return Yes the lobby is beautiful, but anyone can walk in and see it anytime and boy do they, now if you can score a confirmed Suite then maybe, depending on what it would cost elsewhere within a 10 min walk there is a Ritz,Marriott,IC and 4 Seasons, besides hotels elsewhere

Let me say yes I was blown away with the lobby, but the rooms arent in the lobby, things may have changed since Aug, but I wasnt blown away with the hotel in general, especially if there are much cheaper rates elsewhere. Would I go back for 8K yes even for 12K but not for 20K
Old Mar 3, 20, 9:06 am

Just got this email for an upcoming stay -

We would like to kindly inform you that our Club Lounge area will be permanently closed as of March 9, 2020 due to operational reasons.

As a Globalist Member, we wish to honor your loyalty with a complimentary breakfast offer. You will be able to consume a combination of an extensive buffet breakfast with hot food and drinks as well as á la carte items. Our breakfast restaurant is located on the lobby level in the middle of the Passage, where we serve breakfast daily between 06:30 and 10:30.
Old Mar 3, 20, 2:04 pm

Originally Posted by wackyducky View Post
Me too, saw on the internet that they are upgrading globalist to premium suites, is it true?
Old Mar 3, 20, 9:13 pm

Originally Posted by wackyducky View Post
Originally Posted by Ricardo Teixeira View Post
Me too, saw on the internet that they are upgrading globalist to premium suites, is it true?
When are your stays? I'll be there in June and didn't get the email
Old Mar 3, 20, 9:15 pm

Originally Posted by Stoughton View Post
From March 28 to April 4
Old Mar 3, 20, 11:23 pm
GK8

Programs: Most of 'em
Got the same email about permanent lounge closure. We're staying at the end of the month and it would have been nice to have lounge access as an option for light eats in the evening if we didn't want to go out. wackyducky and Ricardo Teixeira when are your stays scheduled? Can you report if they offer the vouchers mentioned above for a two course mean and a glass of wine?
Old Mar 4, 20, 1:07 am

Originally Posted by GK8 View Post
Got the same email about permanent lounge closure. We're staying at the end of the month and it would have been nice to have lounge access as an option for light eats in the evening if we didn't want to go out. wackyducky and Ricardo Teixeira when are your stays scheduled? Can you report if they offer the vouchers mentioned above for a two course mean and a glass of wine?
Ok, not yet in my case! let's see.
Old Mar 4, 20, 7:16 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: WOH - Globalist, HHonors - Gold, Marriott - Gold
Originally Posted by Stoughton View Post
Just got the email about my upcoming stay at the end of June... Same exact text as posted above, no mention of anything beside comped breakfast.
Old Mar 4, 20, 7:19 am

Originally Posted by sch_flyer View Post
Just got the email about my upcoming stay at the end of June... Same exact text as posted above, no mention of anything beside comped breakfast.
Saw on the INTERNET that they are given the Hexagon suites as globalist complementary upgrades, can anyone confirm that?
Old Mar 4, 20, 7:19 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta Diamond/ Hyatt top tier(lifetime)
Not surprised about the club. In the 5 nights I was there I never saw a single other person in the club. Seems like a waste of food and labor for maybe a few guests a day.
Old Mar 4, 20, 7:27 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: WOH - Globalist, HHonors - Gold, Marriott - Gold
Originally Posted by Ricardo Teixeira View Post
Saw on the INTERNET that they are given the Hexagon suites as globalist complementary upgrades, can anyone confirm that?
If you saw it on the INTERNET, it must be true! Although I was able to confirm into a Heritage Collection Suite with a TSU.
Old Mar 4, 20, 7:33 am

Originally Posted by sch_flyer View Post
If you saw it on the INTERNET, it must be true! Although I was able to confirm into a Heritage Collection Suite with a TSU.
Me too, but I tryied to upgrade to Pollac suite saying about Privé upgrade and got totally ignored!
LOL
Old Mar 4, 20, 8:47 am

Programs: UA- Pl (2MM), AA-Go, Delta-Silver, Hyatt-Globalist!, MR/SPG comb - Plat, Hilton - nada
Originally Posted by footastic View Post
Not surprised about the club. In the 5 nights I was there I never saw a single other person in the club. Seems like a waste of food and labor for maybe a few guests a day.
this was the same for me in Jan...attributed it to off-season.

I'll be there Mar 12-17...will report what, if anything, they do for Globs. Kind of turned off by the email where they try to sound like they are really bending over backwards to "allow" us to have breakfast downstairs.
Seems like they could have just cut the club back...they didn't need all day food, etc. Would be nice to get a snack & a beer or wine in the evening /shrug
Old Mar 4, 20, 3:33 pm
GK8

Programs: Most of 'em
Thanks rwm818 , that would be great!

Search this Thread
Search Engine: