Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Párisi Udvar Hotel Budapest (Unbound) REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Párisi Udvar Hotel Budapest (Unbound) REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Jul 18, 2019, 8:24 am
Suspended

I received an email this morn from the hotel regarding my upcoming stay next week. It basically was a bunch of attachments of items they can book for me. So I replied back about my Club
Access cert having problems being attached and this is their response;

Dear Mr -----,

Good afternoon, we trust you are well.

We would like to apologize for keeping you waiting and for any inconvenience caused.Kindly be informed that due to some technical issues you are not going to be able to see the Club Award being attached with your reservation.However kindly reset assured that your upcoming booking with reservation number xxxxxxxx arriving on the xxth July 2019 for x nights in a Standard King room is confirmed with access to the Club Lounge using your Club Award.

So it seems there is some problem getting this done and best to do as I did and when you get their emailing selling (offering) different items to reply back if by then the cert hasnt been attached and mention how you dont want to arrive and be told sorry SOL as it had to be attached prior to your arrival
Old Jul 18, 2019, 3:34 pm

Originally Posted by craz
I received an email this morn from the hotel regarding my upcoming stay next week. It basically was a bunch of attachments of items they can book for me. So I replied back about my Club
Access cert having problems being attached and this is their response;

Dear Mr -----,

Good afternoon, we trust you are well.

We would like to apologize for keeping you waiting and for any inconvenience caused.Kindly be informed that due to some technical issues you are not going to be able to see the Club Award being attached with your reservation.However kindly reset assured that your upcoming booking with reservation number xxxxxxxx arriving on the xxth July 2019 for x nights in a Standard King room is confirmed with access to the Club Lounge using your Club Award.

So it seems there is some problem getting this done and best to do as I did and when you get their emailing selling (offering) different items to reply back if by then the cert hasnt been attached and mention how you dont want to arrive and be told sorry SOL as it had to be attached prior to your arrival
Thanks for posting this. I called this morning, as instructed, and WOH really had no idea what to do and it was like I hadn't had the conversation I had the night before.

They eventually called the hotel, which told them, "yes, we're aware of the problem," and then she told me she would "open a ticket" and that I should call back in two weeks.

I think I just wait it out and hopefully they resolve the problem in the interim and then I just call and apply the cert. If all else fails, I'll use the e-mail method you describe, but my stay is not for a long time.
Old Jul 20, 2019, 2:54 pm

Programs: Free agent flyer, Hyatt Globalist
Have folks been able to successfully apply a globalist suite upgrade to a points booking at this property? It sounds like 'yes' based on some discussions upthread.

I asked the Hyatt Twitter concierge team and was told "I'm sorry, but suite upgrade awards are not eligible for SLH properties". Are they wrong? Did something change?

EDIT: I called in and they were able to apply the suite upgrades (books into either the Heritage Suite or the Art Collection suite). There isn't very much details on either on the website, so who knows which is better :-/

Last edited by kluever; Jul 20, 2019 at 4:19 pm Reason: more info
Old Jul 20, 2019, 5:04 pm

This is not an slh
Old Jul 20, 2019, 5:07 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by kluever
Have folks been able to successfully apply a globalist suite upgrade to a points booking at this property? It sounds like 'yes' based on some discussions upthread.

I asked the Hyatt Twitter concierge team and was told "I'm sorry, but suite upgrade awards are not eligible for SLH properties". Are they wrong? Did something change?

EDIT: I called in and they were able to apply the suite upgrades (books into either the Heritage Suite or the Art Collection suite). There isn't very much details on either on the website, so who knows which is better :-/
I applied a TSU, and confirm it is either Heritage or Art for the standard suite.
(The SLH is a red herring because this isn't an SLH property)
Old Jul 21, 2019, 1:37 am

I'm just wrapping up a 4 night stay on points at the property right now...

I was given a complimentary Globalist suite upgrade to a Heritage 'suite' which isn't actually a suite, more like a large room with alcove. I asked if I applied a TSU whether I could be upgraded to a premium suite and was told that's not possible on points stay. I didn't push the issue bc we are traveling with a friend and they accommodated us with upgrading her room a few doors down from us, so didn't want to really move locations (was just curious of the policy!).

Like others have said, it's a gorgeous property. I was nervous about the crowds this time of year but we've managed to stay away from the big touristed spots and just enjoy the city. There's a heat wave though!

Am thinking of booking a return trip in the fall when the temps are cooler and fewer people and looking to lock that in at the current 8K/night pricing which of course is a steal for this place.

Any questions let me know!
Old Jul 21, 2019, 4:57 pm

Programs: Free agent flyer, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by madderlake
I was given a complimentary Globalist suite upgrade to a Heritage 'suite' which isn't actually a suite, more like a large room with alcove.

Any questions let me know!
Any idea how the heritage suite compares to the art suite?
Old Jul 22, 2019, 3:09 am

I don’t know actually but I’m curious too!
Old Jul 22, 2019, 7:51 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by kluever
Any idea how the heritage suite compares to the art suite?
I can't exactly tell, but the Art suites cost a little bit more?
Old Jul 22, 2019, 8:57 am

I'm going to Budapest with my wife next July. Trying to choose between this at 8k a night and the Hilton Budapest at around $150 a night. Hmmm...
Old Jul 22, 2019, 9:17 am
formerly a193991
Hyatt 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist; LX SEN (*A Gold), AA LTG, SBB-CFF-FFS First Class GA
Originally Posted by jbandy10
I'm going to Budapest with my wife next July. Trying to choose between this at 8k a night and the Hilton Budapest at around $150 a night. Hmmm...
I think you should book quickly with points. I read on some blogs, that the category will be going up to a Cat 5 end of July. You can always cancel the reservation again.

https://pointsmilesandmartinis.board...ng-categories/

https://viewfromthewing.boardingarea...ts-all-others/

https://www.travelingwellforless.com...t-rate-change/

Last edited by 59Impala; Jul 22, 2019 at 9:19 am Reason: added links
Old Jul 22, 2019, 9:19 am

Not a close call. You'll never again see this property at 8K/night; the Hilton--in a much less convenient location, great views notwithstanding--will be there whenever you want.
Old Jul 22, 2019, 9:33 am

Originally Posted by beltway
Not a close call. You'll never again see this property at 8K/night; the Hilton--in a much less convenient location, great views notwithstanding--will be there whenever you want.
I think some might disagree on the location. Both are in desirable spots, depending which city one might prefer.

Obviously, the Parisi looks far nicer.
Old Jul 22, 2019, 9:51 am
Suspended

I think some might disagree on the location. Both are in desirable spots, depending which city one might prefer.

Obviously, the Parisi looks far nicer.
They both have their pros and cons.The deciding factor maybe which if either a person will get lounge access to. If Id get it at 1 of the 2 and not the other, for me at least free breakfast and drinks throughout the day would be the deciding factor, even thou The PU Id say is a much nicer place, views The Hil wins out if you can get a Parliment view only view wise

If a person doesnt want to use a taxi or hotel car then The Hil is a problem getting to/from and the airport

If a person doesnt have access to the lounge by both then for 8K The PU cant be beat, if its 20K then Id probably go to The Hil (depending on the ca$h rate and pt rate) But most likely Id stay at TheMarriott where all the rooms have a view of The Castle section or a cheaper hotel inland a bit
Old Jul 22, 2019, 10:11 am

Originally Posted by craz
They both have their pros and cons.The deciding factor maybe which if either a person will get lounge access to. If Id get it at 1 of the 2 and not the other, for me at least free breakfast and drinks throughout the day would be the deciding factor, even thou The PU Id say is a much nicer place, views The Hil wins out if you can get a Parliment view only view wise

If a person doesnt want to use a taxi or hotel car then The Hil is a problem getting to/from and the airport

If a person doesnt have access to the lounge by both then for 8K The PU cant be beat, if its 20K then Id probably go to The Hil (depending on the ca$h rate and pt rate) But most likely Id stay at TheMarriott where all the rooms have a view of The Castle section or a cheaper hotel inland a bit
I am hilton diamond, so that is obviously a big factor,

Transportation wise, the Hilton does indeed kind of suck.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.