Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Párisi Udvar Hotel Budapest (Unbound) REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Párisi Udvar Hotel Budapest (Unbound) REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Old Jun 10, 19, 12:11 pm

Since there is a lounge, I wonder if the glob breakfast will be in the lounge or the restaurant.
Old Jun 10, 19, 12:22 pm

Programs: AA explat,Adm Club,Priority Club, and all nonsense in my comic book mind.
I'm booked for next April, award nights. It could happen the category changes so I wanted to jump on it. However, I wasn't aware they have a club, that should be interesting (Glob).
Old Jun 11, 19, 1:42 am

Programs: Hyatt Glob
Just got back from Budapest. The architecture is really special and the room was great (got upgraded to a Deluxe corner room). Globalist breakfast is in the restaurant and I saw signs pointing to the lounge but haven't had a chance to check it out unfortunately.
tjae likes this.
Old Jun 11, 19, 1:34 pm

Programs: LH SEN, BA Silver
Originally Posted by Iucas View Post
Just got back from Budapest. The architecture is really special and the room was great (got upgraded to a Deluxe corner room). Globalist breakfast is in the restaurant and I saw signs pointing to the lounge but haven't had a chance to check it out unfortunately.
great to hear! I just booked a weekend in August where the rates are 495 Euros per night, so definitely a great use of my Cat 1-4 voucher and 8,000 points. Just curious, as Globalist were you offered a suite upgrade or were 'Standard' suites already taken. And what do they consider the 'Standard' suite? Are the rooms well insulated from street noise?
Old Jun 12, 19, 5:41 pm

Just got back from a long weekend at the hotel.
Lobby level is STUNNING (see photos).
Club lounge is located at the atrium on the 1st floor and is still not operating (I have no idea where the food will go to at the club, as there are only sitting tables there).

Old Jun 12, 19, 9:08 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Accor Silver
wow...
amazing...
did you ask about the sceduled opening of the club?
was there any offer in the evening time instead of the club?
Old Jun 13, 19, 9:08 am

Programs: AA EXEC PLT 2 MM, MR TITANIUM 2M, HH DIA, Hyatt EXPL, Accor SLV, BW DIA, IHG PLT, UA GLD
Past weekend Had one night stay using 8000 points. Called Hyatt to add lounge upgrade and was told it had been applied however when I arrived at the hotel I was told lounge will not open until June 14. Lounge area is open seating area in middle of floor one. 2 or 3 large screen tvs. First floor has mix of suites and deluxe rooms. Suites get lounge access for free. Globalist as well. Was told that anyone can purchase lounge access for 95euro per room/night. Lovely area but not sure how it will function as a secure lounge. They will need a full time attendant to keep out those not eligible. Didn't see area to set up buffet. Hotel is stunning as recent picture indicates. Was upgraded to Arts Collection suite (lowest level suite). It was one largish square room with hallway, small sitting area, lots of natural light. Bathroom was large, all marble with heated floor and bathtub + separate shower (regular rooms I believe have one or the other) and Japanese style toilet (be sure to turn on the seat heater for a treat) Hand held remote for toilet setting with no instructions. Honestly, I don't understand why they call this room a suite. No separate bedroom or segregated bedroom/living room. Just a lovely square room with 2 chairs and a very small cocktail table. Large desk. Nespresso machine + kettle. 2 large bottles aqua panna complimentary. Welcome gift of delicious chocolates and 3 macarons with personalized letter. Everything in hotel is top top quality. Rooms have lots of electronics which are confusing. Ask bellman to explain how to work lights, electronic curtain and ac. Some lights (near bed and makeup mirror in bathroom) have sensors and turn on when movement nearby. I found that annoying. Couldn't turn it off. Bed lights woke up the other person when I went to bathroom.

Be sure to order cab to airport in advance. Took unreasonable amount of time to arrive when not preordered. And if you want to use credit card be sure doorman confirms that with driver before you leave.

I would return for 8000 (or more) points but not sure it's worth the 340e rooms were selling for. Didn't eat in hotel so can't comment on food but it was pricey-- Especially in Budapest where food is cheap and good. Had delicious meal at Kempinsky bistro for very reasonable price. Enjoy.
Old Jun 13, 19, 10:59 am

Yes, the Club is to be opened during the 3rd week of June.
There was no alternative offer in the meantime.

The Club lounge.

Originally Posted by tjae View Post
wow...
amazing...
did you ask about the sceduled opening of the club?
was there any offer in the evening time instead of the club?
tjae likes this.
Old Jun 16, 19, 2:24 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond; HHonors Dia; Langham Voyager; Marriot & SPG Gold; UA Gold; AA Plat
TV's kind of kill the vibe in that otherwise gorgeous space.....
MasterPlanner likes this.
Old Jun 17, 19, 5:30 pm

And the fact there is no actual place to place the...food.
Originally Posted by yoganeck View Post
TV's kind of kill the vibe in that otherwise gorgeous space.....
​​​​​​​
Old Jun 17, 19, 5:47 pm

Programs: AA EXEC PLT 2 MM, MR TITANIUM 2M, HH DIA, Hyatt EXPL, Accor SLV, BW DIA, IHG PLT, UA GLD
Originally Posted by TheShis View Post
And the fact there is no actual place to place the...food.
perhaps they will move some of the tables by the wall and set up a long table for a Buffett. it's a class hotel so I'll bet they have a plan.
Old Jun 18, 19, 12:35 pm

That's why I would've assumed they'd have a plan and not an improvisation that will shout "ad hoc" in such a stylish place.
Fingers crossed.
Originally Posted by fmkgb View Post
perhaps they will move some of the tables by the wall and set up a long table for a Buffett. it's a class hotel so I'll bet they have a plan.
Old Jul 8, 19, 8:40 pm

Programs: MM / UA 1K
I just returned from a stay at the Párisi Udvar Hotel staying in the Brudern Suite on a points redemption. The lobby is quite impressive and they seem to have done a very good job on the restoration to the historical aspects of the building.

A few notes to add to what has been said above:
When I called Hyatt to make the booking, I asked if lounge access was included as mentioned in the room profile or if I would need to redeem a lounge certificate. I was told by the rep that it would be included with the room, no cert required. After check in it was a different matter. After some back and forth with management I was told they would make an exception in my case but that lounge access was not included if it's a non-revenue stay.

The Brudern Suite (assuming there's only one) was nice enough but the extra room was pretty useless to me as it's set up basically as a mini conference room + desk. I did use the room to get some work done on my laptop because that's where the desk space is but I'd have preferred a larger living room space.
Also, the suite is one level up from the ground floor / lobby facing towards a major street, the Ferenciek metro station and a bus stop. Sound proofing was pretty good but if you are a very sensitive sleeper you might notice the noise. Also, due to the location of the room, it is an emergency exit and is marked as such on the door to the room.

I had mentioned earlier in this thread my concerns about this property being on the Viking Cruise circuit. The have a table set up just past the reception, across from the elevators. Generally it was a non issue but depending on the timing, the cruise members would congregate in from of the elevators as they waited for their tour excursions so at times it was a bit congested around the elevators.

View of the Brudern suite meeting room looking in

View of the Brudern suite meeting room looking out

Entrance to the Brudern suite
tjae likes this.
Old Jul 9, 19, 9:18 am

Thanks @mongobot - I have been concerned about the cruise circuit too so I'm glad to hear it was a non issue.

One other concern I have is - how crowded with tourists is the city when you were there? I'm currently in Paris and was considering heading to Budapest next week but don't want to go from one over-touristed city to another with just crowds and crowds of people.

Thanks again!
Old Jul 9, 19, 9:45 am

Programs: MM / UA 1K
@madderlake - It was crowded but not nearly as bad as I expected. This being my first visit to Budapest we were doing "touristy" things: for example, we were able to get tickets to tour the Hungarian Parliament Building same day, for a slot an hour and a half ahead of dropping by the ticket window, late afternoon (I'd heard they often sell out quickly for the day early on). We were able to catch the next up funicular up to Buda Castle with basically no line, etc.

I'd asked someone about the minimal crowds and they commented that they thought the heatwave was keeping folks away to some degree so YMMV.

HTH

Search this Thread
Search Engine: