Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Párisi Udvar Hotel Budapest (Unbound) REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Párisi Udvar Hotel Budapest (Unbound) REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Old Oct 16, 2020, 11:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Ist-iest, Stariott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by wackyducky
Just got this email for an upcoming stay -- We would like to kindly inform you that our Club Lounge area will be permanently closed as of March 9, 2020 due to operational reasons.-
I have been divorced from this thread for months since my stay in Aug 2019 but my first thought is... your club lounge area has been unavailable or under renovation for much of the time since opening. Other posts makes it seems it's as haphazard as just some tables and cold plates. I never saw a good review of the "lounge" there. When I was there in Aug 2019 the lounge was closed for "refreshing the concept" (their words, not mine).

Truly disappointing. This is/could be a fantastic property, they have the hard product to rival anything in BP, the location is nearly first rate, and all the staff I interacted with were fantastic. I think Hyatt jumped the gun with the cat upgrade because this place is in no way worth 20k/nt. Is it worth more than 8k, yes probably, but pretty sure their award chart has a couple middle grounds there.
Old Oct 17, 2020, 2:45 am
Original Poster

When I stayed (the month it opened) the Lounge was decent. But I may have been one of the few guests to use it since it sounds like it quickly was closed. I had a fantastic stay in July 2019 -- back when it was a steal at 8,000 points per night (plus I got the new property bonus of 500 points a night).

https://singleflyer.com/2019/07/10/p...dapest-review/
krazykanuck and jameswes like this.
Old Oct 17, 2020, 7:18 am
Suspended

I stayed at the property in August and was somewhat disappointed. No real benefit as Explorist. Only benefit was a room upgrade from standard to standard with view. (And the view is you looking at the tram--presumably the no view rooms are better as they are quieter.

A la carte breakfast was mediocre.

Obviously, the lobby area is fantastic and the room design is tasteful. But I don't think the premium they charge over IC, Marriott, Sofitel, and Kempinski is justified. I think the FS has better reasons to demand that price premium over IC and co.
Old Oct 17, 2020, 9:44 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
I stayed here October 2019, and really liked the lounge. It was a nice place to hang out for some appetizers and drinks at night. The breakfast at the lounge was very minimal, but at the time we were given full buffet breakfast as well so it was fine.
Old Jul 18, 2021, 12:51 pm

Programs: ALL Black Limitless | Hilton Diamond | Hyatt Globalist | Marriott Ambassador | Avis President's Club
Anybody stayed at this property recently and can share on the experience, Globalist benefits, etc. ? Thinking about a Great Relocate stay here (29+ days)
tobikosan likes this.
Old Jul 19, 2021, 3:20 pm

Programs: AS MVPG100, Hyatt Globalist, MGM Gold, Caesars Diamond
Originally Posted by Synthesis
Anybody stayed at this property recently and can share on the experience, Globalist benefits, etc. ? Thinking about a Great Relocate stay here (29+ days)
Me too!
Old Nov 22, 2021, 8:56 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by Synthesis
Originally Posted by tobikosan
Me too!
Bumping in case anyone has stayed in recent months and can report back.
Old Nov 28, 2021, 1:51 pm

Really really impressed

Came to Budapest for two days to see the Christmas markets and spent a night here and was floored. Incredibly beautiful property right on the metro line and in the center of everything you need in Budapest. Bus access to the airport as well.

Booked when I landed in Budapest at 900am with points and was immediately upgraded as a globalist to the Art Collective Suite. Arrived at the hotel at 1000am to a very friendly help desk and the room was already ready for me early with a welcome letter and fruit and chocolate platter.

Room includes lush bathrobes which are thick and large along with slippers. Free water comes in 750ml glass bottles. Lights are motion sensored and curtains move with the click of a button. There is also Juliet-style balcony. Also included is a pillow menu where you can select your preferred pillow. Menu options include memory form, point elastic, feather to anti-allergic and much more. The bathroom includes a waterfall shower and separate large bathtub. Toilet includes a bidet with many options on the remote.

What really sold me was the spa. There is a personal spa attendant who gave a tour of all services. For me the spa was empty so it was a very personal experience. There is a hot tub at 36° on an automated schedule for bubbles, a Finnish sauna at 90°, an infra-red sauna at 50° which is on a motion-sessor to turn on when you are seated and a wet sauna at 45°. Each of the rooms has colored lighting and very well finished. Turkish towels are laid out neatly as well as spa water, tea and fruit.

I cannot believe this used to be 8K points but even at 20K this is well worth the price. Definitely a 5* experience.
59Impala likes this.
Old Dec 3, 2021, 10:14 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond Hyatt Globalist
Anyone have a contact email for the hotel? I was charged a deposit a while ago but had to cancel and got charged again for the rate and had 1 refund show up the same day. I'll give it a few days to see if they realized it and the 2nd refund is in progress .
Old May 12, 2022, 10:33 pm

Anyone recent stays here with recent experiences? Thank you.
Pocatello likes this.
Old May 13, 2022, 6:35 am

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott LTP, Hilton Diamond, etc
Originally Posted by cruisingmickey
Not yet but I have a stay coming in late June. Please post if you're there before me!
Pocatello likes this.
Old May 13, 2022, 1:22 pm

Originally Posted by cruisingmickey
Just spent 4 nights in Budapest @ Parisi last week. Booked Standard 1 King Bed, was upgraded @ Check In to Art Collection Suite via Hyatt Globalist. Booked with points, 22k per night. 4 nights.

It is a nice hotel and certain look to it. The hotel layout for the rooms is weird but works, the rooms are more dated looking but they do have some modern renovations done to them. The staff was really nice and friendly. The cafe/buffet for breakfast was just ok and underwhelming considering I was coming from Andaz Prague and Park Hyatt Vienna. Location is good, reasonable walking distance to main areas and their is a bus station/stop close by to the hotel. Subway/Metro is about a 8-10 min walk away but I found the buses to be easier to get around with more options in Budapest. For certain areas you would use the Subway/Metro.

If you have any questions, I can try to answer them from my experience.
cruisingmickey likes this.
Old Jun 21, 2022, 11:29 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Unobtainium, Delta Diamond
I want to book a week long stay here in September with my adult daughter. Just the two of us.

What kind of suite upgrades would keep us in separate beds? Neither of us wants to share a King bed.

How are globalists treated?
Old Jun 22, 2022, 10:12 am

Programs: Hyatt Glob, Accor Dia, Mar. Tit, QR Plat, SQ Gold
Originally Posted by Pocatello
I want to book a week long stay here in September with my adult daughter. Just the two of us.

What kind of suite upgrades would keep us in separate beds? Neither of us wants to share a King bed.

I’m here currently.
I was pre-upgraded in the app to the Junior Suite, but used a suite upgrade to the Art Collection Suite (which I used to see listed as a standard suite on points along with the hexagon suite a few months ago). I appreciated that the hotel let me check in at 9AM, and occupancy seems to be Low despite the summer crowds.

As far as I can tell, the suites are configured by default to king beds. But I’m sure the hotel would be able to clarify further if there are exceptions/special layouts.

Breakfast is adequate with made-to-order omelettes/eggs Benedict dishes and a self-serve buffet (the usual eggs, pastries, charcuterie, cereal etc.).
Pocatello likes this.
Old Jun 22, 2022, 11:54 am

Originally Posted by Pocatello

I was upgraded to Art Collection suite via Globalist at check in. I'm not sure about 2 beds vs 1 king.

I received a welcome email a few days before from the manager? I emailed back saying that my train would probably arrive early around 12 pm. So when I came by around 12 pm to drop off my bags they said they got my email and they had a room ready so I was able to check in few hours earlier.

Breakfast buffet is OK, it does the job. You get made to order egg dishes as another poster said.
Pocatello likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.