Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Párisi Udvar Hotel Budapest (Unbound) REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Párisi Udvar Hotel Budapest (Unbound) REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Old Mar 13, 2020, 2:21 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Glob
Checked in last night on points having received an email a few days before saying the lounge has closed permanently. I arrived late and exhausted so didn't care to push the issue of anything beyond breakfast, but was only notified of breakfast by the check-in agent. Breakfast was pretty good -- several made to order egg items and a buffet with hot meats/potatoes/etc as well as breads/pastries and cold cuts, cheeses and fruit.

The couple walking down the buffet lines holding their toddler over the food while he had repeated coughing fits was a bit of a turnoff however.
Old May 15, 2020, 10:06 am

So, I have a reservation coming up in a couple of weeks that I booked for 8k a month back when that deal was available. I'm not going to travel and would love to change dates without having to cancel and rebook at 20k.

Is that something that is possible with Hyatt? What would be the best path here -- calling Hyatt, trying to contact the hotel directly, etc.?
Old May 15, 2020, 10:14 am

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott LTP, Hilton Diamond, etc
Originally Posted by lkar
So, I have a reservation coming up in a couple of weeks that I booked for 8k a month back when that deal was available. I'm not going to travel and would love to change dates without having to cancel and rebook at 20k.

Is that something that is possible with Hyatt? What would be the best path here -- calling Hyatt, trying to contact the hotel directly, etc.?
I'm in the same situation although my reservation if for late June. Please update if/when you are able to reach any conclusion on moving this reservation. Thank you!
Old May 17, 2020, 8:57 am

Programs: UA Plat MM, AA Gold MM, Marriott LTT, Hyatt Globalist

I seriously doubt Hyatt would change your reservation without going to the new points rate. However, if you call the hotel (if they're open and you can talk to manager) and request change in dates, you may have better luck, especially if Hungary has not opened borders to foreigners.
Old May 24, 2020, 4:49 pm

Ikar, any luck with it?
Old May 24, 2020, 6:57 pm

Originally Posted by Yoksel
Ikar, any luck with it?
I am going to call this week. I have until June 10 to cancel and get my points back so still some time. I will report back. The
Old May 24, 2020, 7:03 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Gold, IHG Spire Elite, Shangri-La Jade
Just wait until they cancel you!

Dear tjae

We are writing to you regarding your upcoming room reservation at the Párisi Udvar Hotel Budapest.

Due to various travel and governmental bans and other restrictions that affect everyday life, we would like to hereby inform you that you cannot stay at our hotel at the beginning of June.

For this reason, we would like to offer you that at the same rate as you booked your room, you could stay at our property (depending on availability) at a later date, until maximum May of 2021.

Allow me to remind you that as you have made your reservation through Global Contact Centre using the World of Hyatt award points, you have to change your reservation yourself or contact GCC to change your reservation accordingly. We would kindly ask you to change your reservation prior to your original date of arrival.

Till any update or change the reservation remain as it was originally booked and confirmed.

In case we do not receive such details from you, unfortunately, we will cancel your reservation latest one day prior to the original day of arrival.

Your quick feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Yours sincerely,
Old May 24, 2020, 7:58 pm

Yes, they are closed until June 15 so if you reservation is before that date, clearly it has to move or cancel.

The part about the points is not quite clear - they say the are willing to keep the rate but at the same time suggest re-booking award reservation through Hyatt and I'm not sure Hyatt has a way to re-book without charging the current points rate.
Old May 24, 2020, 8:41 pm

I had a reservation for May 21 with points, was advised by hotel to call Hyatt to move it. Hyatt agent moved it without any problems in less then 5 minutes call., same rate as original., 16000 points/night for a suite
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old May 27, 2020, 7:15 am

Programs: UA- Pl (2MM), AA-Go, Delta-Silver, Hyatt-Globalist!, MR/SPG comb - Plat, Hilton - nada
This is most likely going to be my 1st post-corona "safe to travel" stay. I was booked there Mar 12-16, had to last minute cancel when the EU travel ban announced. WIll hopefully plan to get there by Aug
Old May 27, 2020, 1:59 pm

Originally Posted by kar69
I had a reservation for May 21 with points, was advised by hotel to call Hyatt to move it. Hyatt agent moved it without any problems in less then 5 minutes call., same rate as original., 16000 points/night for a suite
Me too! It took much longer than 5 minutes but once she confirmed eligibility for the new nights she was able to do it. I told her everything right up front and she mentioned that it was good I did so that they didn't cancel and rebook. She was floored that a property actually had jumped from 8k to 20k and so said she needed help, but I have a confirmation by email!
Old May 27, 2020, 2:23 pm

Me too! It took much longer than 5 minutes but once she confirmed eligibility for the new nights she was able to do it. I told her everything right up front and she mentioned that it was good I did so that they didn't cancel and rebook. She was floored that a property actually had jumped from 8k to 20k and so said she needed help, but I have a confirmation by email!
That's great news! My dates for 2021 are not open yet but once they open up, I'll give them a call!

Did you call the hotel at all or did you call Hyatt right away? And what do you mean by "she confirmed eligibility for the new nights"?
Old May 27, 2020, 4:16 pm

Originally Posted by Yoksel
That's great news! My dates for 2021 are not open yet but once they open up, I'll give them a call!

Did you call the hotel at all or did you call Hyatt right away? And what do you mean by "she confirmed eligibility for the new nights"?
I called the WOH number ending in 9288. She had to make sure there was standard points availability for the nights I wanted to change to before changing the booking. I knew there would be because I had searched it before I called but that was the first thing she had to look at. Once she saw that there was availability at 20k for all of my new nights (I have a six night reservation) she put me on a long hold and then made the booking.
Old Sep 11, 2020, 9:50 pm

Programs: MM / UA 1K
Trivia point: I was watching the 2011 version of the film Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy and realized the scene in Budapest at the beginning of the film is in the Parisi Udvar. Pre renovation of course
Old Sep 12, 2020, 12:30 pm

Originally Posted by mongobot
Trivia point: I was watching the 2011 version of the film Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy and realized the scene in Budapest at the beginning of the film is in the Parisi Udvar. Pre renovation of course
I actually went and watched it too after reading this.
What an incredible find. THANK YOU so much for sharing!!!
mongobot and EuropeanPete like this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.