Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Párisi Udvar Hotel Budapest (Unbound) REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Párisi Udvar Hotel Budapest (Unbound) REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Old Mar 13, 20, 2:21 pm
  #151  
Hyatt Contributor Badge
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Glob
Posts: 9
Checked in last night on points having received an email a few days before saying the lounge has closed permanently. I arrived late and exhausted so didn't care to push the issue of anything beyond breakfast, but was only notified of breakfast by the check-in agent. Breakfast was pretty good -- several made to order egg items and a buffet with hot meats/potatoes/etc as well as breads/pastries and cold cuts, cheeses and fruit.

The couple walking down the buffet lines holding their toddler over the food while he had repeated coughing fits was a bit of a turnoff however.
Kev0 is offline  
Old May 15, 20, 10:06 am
  #152  
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: PHX
Posts: 4,538
So, I have a reservation coming up in a couple of weeks that I booked for 8k a month back when that deal was available. I'm not going to travel and would love to change dates without having to cancel and rebook at 20k.

Is that something that is possible with Hyatt? What would be the best path here -- calling Hyatt, trying to contact the hotel directly, etc.?
lkar is offline  
Old May 15, 20, 10:14 am
  #153  
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Programs: AA Plat, UA Silver, SPG Plat, Marriott Plat, PC Plat, Hilton Gold, Amex Plat, etc
Posts: 109
Originally Posted by lkar View Post
So, I have a reservation coming up in a couple of weeks that I booked for 8k a month back when that deal was available. I'm not going to travel and would love to change dates without having to cancel and rebook at 20k.

Is that something that is possible with Hyatt? What would be the best path here -- calling Hyatt, trying to contact the hotel directly, etc.?
I'm in the same situation although my reservation if for late June. Please update if/when you are able to reach any conclusion on moving this reservation. Thank you!
Yoksel is offline  
Old May 17, 20, 8:57 am
  #154  
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: RIC
Programs: UA 1K MM, AA Gold MM, Marriott LTT, Hyatt Globalist, HH Silver
Posts: 3,214
Originally Posted by lkar View Post
So, I have a reservation coming up in a couple of weeks that I booked for 8k a month back when that deal was available. I'm not going to travel and would love to change dates without having to cancel and rebook at 20k.

Is that something that is possible with Hyatt? What would be the best path here -- calling Hyatt, trying to contact the hotel directly, etc.?
I seriously doubt Hyatt would change your reservation without going to the new points rate. However, if you call the hotel (if they're open and you can talk to manager) and request change in dates, you may have better luck, especially if Hungary has not opened borders to foreigners.
CIT85 is offline  
Old May 24, 20, 4:49 pm
  #155  
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Programs: AA Plat, UA Silver, SPG Plat, Marriott Plat, PC Plat, Hilton Gold, Amex Plat, etc
Posts: 109
Originally Posted by lkar View Post
So, I have a reservation coming up in a couple of weeks that I booked for 8k a month back when that deal was available. I'm not going to travel and would love to change dates without having to cancel and rebook at 20k.

Is that something that is possible with Hyatt? What would be the best path here -- calling Hyatt, trying to contact the hotel directly, etc.?
Ikar, any luck with it?
Yoksel is offline  
Old May 24, 20, 6:57 pm
  #156  
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: PHX
Posts: 4,538
Originally Posted by Yoksel View Post
Ikar, any luck with it?
I am going to call this week. I have until June 10 to cancel and get my points back so still some time. I will report back. The
lkar is offline  
Old May 24, 20, 7:03 pm
  #157  
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: VIE
Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Accor Silver
Posts: 56
Just wait until they cancel you!

Dear tjae

We are writing to you regarding your upcoming room reservation at the Párisi Udvar Hotel Budapest.

Due to various travel and governmental bans and other restrictions that affect everyday life, we would like to hereby inform you that you cannot stay at our hotel at the beginning of June.

For this reason, we would like to offer you that at the same rate as you booked your room, you could stay at our property (depending on availability) at a later date, until maximum May of 2021.

Allow me to remind you that as you have made your reservation through Global Contact Centre using the World of Hyatt award points, you have to change your reservation yourself or contact GCC to change your reservation accordingly. We would kindly ask you to change your reservation prior to your original date of arrival.

Till any update or change the reservation remain as it was originally booked and confirmed.

In case we do not receive such details from you, unfortunately, we will cancel your reservation latest one day prior to the original day of arrival.

Your quick feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Yours sincerely,
tjae is offline  
Old May 24, 20, 7:58 pm
  #158  
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Programs: AA Plat, UA Silver, SPG Plat, Marriott Plat, PC Plat, Hilton Gold, Amex Plat, etc
Posts: 109
Yes, they are closed until June 15 so if you reservation is before that date, clearly it has to move or cancel.

The part about the points is not quite clear - they say the are willing to keep the rate but at the same time suggest re-booking award reservation through Hyatt and I'm not sure Hyatt has a way to re-book without charging the current points rate.
Yoksel is offline  
Old May 24, 20, 8:41 pm
  #159  
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 48
I had a reservation for May 21 with points, was advised by hotel to call Hyatt to move it. Hyatt agent moved it without any problems in less then 5 minutes call., same rate as original., 16000 points/night for a suite
SPN Lifer likes this.
kar69 is offline  
Old May 27, 20, 7:15 am
  #160  
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: MD, USA
Programs: UA- Pl (2MM), AA-Go, Delta-Silver, Hyatt-Globalist!, MR/SPG comb - Plat, Hilton - nada
Posts: 627
This is most likely going to be my 1st post-corona "safe to travel" stay. I was booked there Mar 12-16, had to last minute cancel when the EU travel ban announced. WIll hopefully plan to get there by Aug
rwm818 is offline  
Old May 27, 20, 1:59 pm
  #161  
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: PHX
Posts: 4,538
Originally Posted by kar69 View Post
I had a reservation for May 21 with points, was advised by hotel to call Hyatt to move it. Hyatt agent moved it without any problems in less then 5 minutes call., same rate as original., 16000 points/night for a suite
Me too! It took much longer than 5 minutes but once she confirmed eligibility for the new nights she was able to do it. I told her everything right up front and she mentioned that it was good I did so that they didn't cancel and rebook. She was floored that a property actually had jumped from 8k to 20k and so said she needed help, but I have a confirmation by email!
lkar is offline  
Old May 27, 20, 2:23 pm
  #162  
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Programs: AA Plat, UA Silver, SPG Plat, Marriott Plat, PC Plat, Hilton Gold, Amex Plat, etc
Posts: 109
Originally Posted by lkar View Post
Me too! It took much longer than 5 minutes but once she confirmed eligibility for the new nights she was able to do it. I told her everything right up front and she mentioned that it was good I did so that they didn't cancel and rebook. She was floored that a property actually had jumped from 8k to 20k and so said she needed help, but I have a confirmation by email!
That's great news! My dates for 2021 are not open yet but once they open up, I'll give them a call!

Did you call the hotel at all or did you call Hyatt right away? And what do you mean by "she confirmed eligibility for the new nights"?
Yoksel is offline  
Old May 27, 20, 4:16 pm
  #163  
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: PHX
Posts: 4,538
Originally Posted by Yoksel View Post
That's great news! My dates for 2021 are not open yet but once they open up, I'll give them a call!

Did you call the hotel at all or did you call Hyatt right away? And what do you mean by "she confirmed eligibility for the new nights"?
I called the WOH number ending in 9288. She had to make sure there was standard points availability for the nights I wanted to change to before changing the booking. I knew there would be because I had searched it before I called but that was the first thing she had to look at. Once she saw that there was availability at 20k for all of my new nights (I have a six night reservation) she put me on a long hold and then made the booking.
lkar is offline  
Old Sep 11, 20, 9:50 pm
  #164  
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: SFO
Programs: MM / UA 1K
Posts: 354
Trivia point: I was watching the 2011 version of the film Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy and realized the scene in Budapest at the beginning of the film is in the Parisi Udvar. Pre renovation of course
mongobot is offline  
Old Sep 12, 20, 12:30 pm
  #165  
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 262
Originally Posted by mongobot View Post
Trivia point: I was watching the 2011 version of the film Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy and realized the scene in Budapest at the beginning of the film is in the Parisi Udvar. Pre renovation of course
I actually went and watched it too after reading this.
What an incredible find. THANK YOU so much for sharing!!!
mongobot and EuropeanPete like this.
TheShis is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search Engine: