Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Párisi Udvar Hotel Budapest (Unbound) REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Párisi Udvar Hotel Budapest (Unbound) REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Mar 4, 2020, 4:18 pm

Programs: LH HON,BA GGL GfL,Hyatt LT Glob,Mrtt LT P,Hilt LT D,IC Amb,Acc P,GHA Tit,LHW Strlg,Sixt/Av/Hz D/Pres
I was just there, didn't get a suite, but it was fine because it was a very short stay. The lounge seemed weird, like an open space you can look down on from all the floors. Probably unnecessary. The main lobby is much nicer.
Old Mar 4, 2020, 7:55 pm

Programs: UA- Pl (2MM), AA-Go, Delta-Silver, Hyatt-Globalist!, MR/SPG comb - Plat, Hilton - nada
Originally Posted by Football Fan
I was just there, didn't get a suite, but it was fine because it was a very short stay. The lounge seemed weird, like an open space you can look down on from all the floors. Probably unnecessary. The main lobby is much nicer.
yes, true it was weird.
I personally witnessed guests come down the stairs, spot the pantry with all the food and go in and help themselves.
They would have gotten away with it, except they brought the food out to a table. The lounge attendant then asked them their room, and informed them they weren't entitled to the lounge. They said they didn't know, they just thought the stuff was out for anyone. Crazy

Like I said, I don't need the all day dining...just like a beer & snack in the evening.
Old Mar 9, 2020, 3:08 pm

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott LTP, Hilton Diamond, etc
I have a reservation there in July and I booked a suite. Suites there come with included lounge access.

They just let me know they permanently closed the lounge. They said I will be covered for breakfast at their restaurant.

Well, great they are doing it but that's just breakfast. What about day time snacks, evening reception, drinks, etc. I asked and they basically responded that if I no longer want a suite, I can change to a standard room and not worry about the lounge. I'm quite puzzled by this kind of addressing the operational issue.
Old Mar 9, 2020, 3:47 pm

Originally Posted by Yoksel
I have a reservation there in July and I booked a suite. Suites there come with included lounge access.

They just let me know they permanently closed the lounge. They said I will be covered for breakfast at their restaurant.

Well, great they are doing it but that's just breakfast. What about day time snacks, evening reception, drinks, etc. I asked and they basically responded that if I no longer want a suite, I can change to a standard room and not worry about the lounge. I'm quite puzzled by this kind of addressing the operational issue.
Very funny... that makes me think they should do a price downgrade.
Old Mar 9, 2020, 11:41 pm

Programs: All the programs!
Originally Posted by Ricardo Teixeira
Very funny... that makes me think they should do a price downgrade.
And lower the category for points redemptions.
Old Mar 9, 2020, 11:49 pm

Originally Posted by oopl
And lower the category for points redemptions.
Yep, this type of thing is not worth cat 5, but 3 or lower.
Old Mar 10, 2020, 2:41 am

Originally Posted by rwm818
this was the same for me in Jan...attributed it to off-season.

I'll be there Mar 12-17...will report what, if anything, they do for Globs. Kind of turned off by the email where they try to sound like they are really bending over backwards to "allow" us to have breakfast downstairs.
Seems like they could have just cut the club back...they didn't need all day food, etc. Would be nice to get a snack & a beer or wine in the evening /shrug
YES! spoke with them they are not very giving -need to FIGHT to get anything
Old Mar 10, 2020, 8:29 am

Originally Posted by SPLP007
YES! spoke with them they are not very giving -need to FIGHT to get anything
I hate this kind of places, where they play games and don't value guest who spend so much money to get top status.
Old Mar 10, 2020, 8:43 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by Ricardo Teixeira
I hate this kind of places, where they play games and don't value guest who spend so much money to get top status.

Can I ask how much $$$ have you spent thus far at this hotel?? Now if Hyatt owned all the hotels Id agree with you, otherwise if you have spent little or nothing at any 1 hotel , they owe you exactly what you owe them.

That said I dont see them playing any games, they went with having a lounge , why beats me and it was fully open so anyone was able to partake. Alot of hotels have been closing up their lounges even before Corona came around A few mins away are a Marriott and IC which last I knew still had their lounges if you have status with those programs

I stayed here on pts when it was 8K, the lobby was the best part (besides the 8K per night) the hotels along The Danube with river views I like alot better
Old Mar 10, 2020, 10:04 am

Originally Posted by craz
Can I ask how much $$$ have you spent thus far at this hotel?? Now if Hyatt owned all the hotels Id agree with you, otherwise if you have spent little or nothing at any 1 hotel , they owe you exactly what you owe them.

That said I dont see them playing any games, they went with having a lounge , why beats me and it was fully open so anyone was able to partake. Alot of hotels have been closing up their lounges even before Corona came around A few mins away are a Marriott and IC which last I knew still had their lounges if you have status with those programs

I stayed here on pts when it was 8K, the lobby was the best part (besides the 8K per night) the hotels along The Danube with river views I like alot better
So IF I did not stay at a hotel ---"they owe you exactly what you owe them"-- not good thinking for any business especially hospitality
Old Mar 10, 2020, 11:59 am

Programs: UA- Pl (2MM), AA-Go, Delta-Silver, Hyatt-Globalist!, MR/SPG comb - Plat, Hilton - nada
I arrive there Thurs morning...the email reply I received says there is now a "nice Globalist amenity" that they think will be satisfactory (in addition to breakfast)...but yes, this is not a true Hyatt, so sounds like they aren't going to go out of their way?
I'll let you guys know
Old Mar 11, 2020, 2:35 pm

So IF I did not stay at a hotel ---"they owe you exactly what you owe them"-- not good thinking for any business especially hospitality
Agreed! let's see what they are giving to our friend, if it's good or not.
Old Mar 11, 2020, 6:36 pm
Suspended

Sorry but I disagree, true no one is holding a gun to the head/s of the owners forcing them to be with Hyatt or any Hotel Chain. Thats why many lately have gone Independent, they get a few $s per room on an award stay and yet have to shell out alot of money providing the benefits. eg I recently stayed at a Marriott that was apx $250+ for the night I used 17,500 pts and the receipt they gave me showed they were paid $24, Between free breakfast, having to provide a shuttle to/from the airport (and had to get me a taxi to get back to the airport) my welcome gift etc etc trust me they lost $ on me being there. It was my 1st time staying there a nice place but I cant see myself ever staying there on a Rev stay

So too with this Hotel, Im sure they will get rev stays but I can see where most folks will use pts due to the high ca$h rate, so with having to give away suites for $0, provide breakfast and food for dinner and snacks and drinks all day and night, they too might be losing $$ on each person staying on pts.. Once they found out what they must provide and what they need not they decided to cut their losses and closed the lounge, a smart move in todays times and even before The CV hit Im sure they will lose some rev stays because of it but in the long run they will win out
Old Mar 11, 2020, 7:12 pm

Sorry but I disagree, true no one is holding a gun to the head/s of the owners forcing them to be with Hyatt or any Hotel Chain. Thats why many lately have gone Independent, they get a few $s per room on an award stay and yet have to shell out alot of money providing the benefits. eg I recently stayed at a Marriott that was apx $250+ for the night I used 17,500 pts and the receipt they gave me showed they were paid $24, Between free breakfast, having to provide a shuttle to/from the airport (and had to get me a taxi to get back to the airport) my welcome gift etc etc trust me they lost $ on me being there. It was my 1st time staying there a nice place but I cant see myself ever staying there on a Rev stay

So too with this Hotel, Im sure they will get rev stays but I can see where most folks will use pts due to the high ca$h rate, so with having to give away suites for $0, provide breakfast and food for dinner and snacks and drinks all day and night, they too might be losing $$ on each person staying on pts.. Once they found out what they must provide and what they need not they decided to cut their losses and closed the lounge, a smart move in todays times and even before The CV hit Im sure they will lose some rev stays because of it but in the long run they will win out
Well, guess we have different views, but you can have your point of view, of course.
Now let's see what our friend will recieve when he check in.
Old Mar 12, 2020, 4:52 am
Suspended

eg I recently stayed at a Marriott that was apx $250+ for the night I used 17,500 pts and the receipt they gave me showed they were paid $24, Between free breakfast, having to provide a shuttle to/from the airport (and had to get me a taxi to get back to the airport) my welcome gift etc etc trust me they lost $ on me being there.
One example doesn't invalidate the business model. Hotels still have a lot to gain from people booking direct (as the chain's fees are so much lower than OTA fees). The points hotels pay for and some loss-making award nights may well be worth it.

Thats why many lately have gone Independent
I believe in the super-luxury segment, there might be a bit of a trend like this. (Obv, the Parisi Udvar isn't super-luxury.) But for the remainder of the market, the market share of chains is growing.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.