Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hairs in beds - what do you do?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 20, 2019, 11:36 am
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton Diamond Hyatt Globalist Marriott Gold AA EXP
I did report this when the property sent me the post stay survey. After 2 weeks (apparently the GM had been on leave) they called me and apologized profusely and offered 7,500 points compensation. There was certainly no suspicion displayed on their part of whether I was making this up.

Again - I didn't ask for a different room because we didn't check in and find the issue until late at night, the kids were already asleep (one on the floor) when I found it, and the property was completely sold out, so changing rooms or even asking for housekeeping (shifts were over) was out of the question.

The next morning there was a blizzard going on outside so all the employees were dealing with digging out the valet parked vehicles and the line to the front desk was too long to bother. So I'm glad they actually read the responses to their surveys and follow up.
Old Mar 20, 2019, 5:09 pm
Ambassador: World of Hyatt

I frequently see hair at many brands(bathroom and guest room) and don't report it as its petty to do so IMHO.
Hotels bring it on themselves many with outsourcing housekeeping to rushed less qualified individuals
Expect to see more of it IMHO
What will I call them out for?
Not changing sheets, linens and mattress protectors sometimes for weeks or months
Because of excessive hair, possibility of urine and sexual stains its unacceptable.Don't bring out the black light if you don't wish to faint

Quite frankly the green movement accelerated the defects we are seeing today as hotels try to save money but not cleaning towels and sheets and outsourced lower paid
housekeepers.At the end of the day the next possible risk is catching scabies.While it has never happened to me it did happen to a family member at a reasonably new upscale 4 star Hilton
They ended up with bites not unlike bed bugs except that they are easier to get rid of with some basic medical treatment @ an Urgent Care facility on a weekend .
I try to be a good happy appreciative guest all over the world but its simply not possible to do so when your family member is bleeding from negligent housekeeping
One can only check so much as this comes from not changing towels or any linens and cant be seen with naked eye until they creep under your skin and start munching
Let the traveler beware .
Old Oct 15, 2020, 8:25 am
Marriott 10+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Bonvoy LT Gold, IHG Gold, BAEC Silver, TP Silver
If it's just a lone hair here or there, I would just report it at check-out when they ask "how was your stay with us?". But other than that.....
Old Feb 18, 2022, 9:41 pm
Suspended
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta Gold Medallion, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
Lol reading these replies pre-pandemic makes me wonder if any of the responses above would change given the hotel conditions. Especially with the "clean seals" on hotel doors when they were pretty widespread early 2020/2021

I would have taken pictures, shown it to the FD, asked them to come up to view it, and have them offer solutions.

If its a "go pound sand", then yeah take it to Hyatt Consumer Affairs, and show the proof, details.
Old Feb 18, 2022, 10:00 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by bbriscoe34
What do you do when you are ready to fall asleep, your kids are already in bed, and you realize the bed sheets clearly were not washed? I found a sticky substance and several hairs on the bed sheet. My son said he found hairs in his bed too.

Refund of points?
I'd be much more concerned about a "sticky substance" on the sheets than a few hairs. However, did the hairs appear to be pubic hairs or head hairs? A few hairs normally don't contain bodily fluids.
Old Feb 18, 2022, 10:02 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
I'd be much more concerned about a "sticky substance" on the sheets than a few hairs. However, did the hairs appear to be pubic hairs or head hairs? A few hairs normally don't contain bodily fluids.
What would be the difference?
Old Feb 19, 2022, 3:02 am

Programs: MB Ambassador, WOH Globalist, HH Diamond (Aspire), AA Gold, UA (*G) Gold
I don't think I have ever been to a single property where I haven't found a hair either in the bed, on a towel, or on the floor. I would be far more inclined to report a stain or sticky substance than a hair.
59Impala and orca1114 like this.
Old Feb 19, 2022, 5:19 am

Programs: MB Ambassador, WOH Globalist, HH Diamond (Aspire), AA Gold, UA (*G) Gold
Originally Posted by ElevatorEnthusiast
I don't think I have ever been to a single property where I haven't found a hair either in the bed, on a towel, or on the floor. I would be far more inclined to report a stain or sticky substance than a hair.
I will say that I did complain about hair once. A new-build Fairfield Inn where every pillow and every towel had hair on them. It was very bizarre, like my room had been used as a wig storage closet.
platbrownguy likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.