Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt and American Airlines announce enhanced loyalty benefits

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 21, 2023, 9:03 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: TravelinSperry
Note: According to multiple data points on Nov 2023 - Hyatt stays that earn AA Loyalty Point accrual hit AA accounts on Tuesdays (and take up to 5-7 business days overall). To be eligible for Hyatt accrual you need AA status (gold or better) and you receive 1 Loyalty Point for every base $ spent at Hyatt.

Print Wikipost

Hyatt and American Airlines announce enhanced loyalty benefits

Search this Thread

Old May 15, 2019, 7:01 am

Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat
Originally Posted by bosman
Ditto, although the site says only 1st and last names need to match. I also see "Mr." in my Hyatt profile which is not in my AA profile. Sent an email yesterday, hope it gets resolved sooner than later as I have an AA flight tomorrow and would like to get Hyatt points.

My names dont match and my link went through. AA has my middle name and a different title for me so onviously these are YMMV situations for us all
Old May 15, 2019, 7:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
I know that AA fairly regularly run these fast track offers - AFAIK both targeted and paid-for - so letting Hyatt Globalists have a crack doesn't seem out of the ordinary.

But what I don't know is whether AA lets you do these fast tracks more than once. Could I do this one, then potentially another one in 2021 or 2022?
Old May 15, 2019, 7:33 am

Did a search of this thread and didn't see anything... Just did the link and my Hyatt status now shows 'Lifetime Globalist' and 'valid through lifetime'. Seems illogical that they would make this a lifetime perk, but hey, I'm not complaining.
Old May 15, 2019, 8:19 am
skj

Programs: UA 2MM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by Visconti
CKs getting Glob isn't such a big deal, if they aren't given the TSUs.
If CKs are getting Lifetime Glob, as reported above, they are getting TSUs.
Old May 15, 2019, 8:41 am

Originally Posted by skj
Ok, this would be a serious devaluation then.

Problem now is where to go? Perhaps, it's about time to forget "loyalty" programs and just use money to spend at those hotels where loyalty programs aren't necessary and doesn't exist. If the nicer Hyatts start popping up with middle managers, traveling salesmen & tech bros all over the place, it'll be the time to move on.
Old May 15, 2019, 8:58 am
formerly a193991
Hyatt 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist; LX SEN (*A Gold), AA LTG, SBB-CFF-FFS First Class GA
Could not find the answer in this thread, honestly only quickly browsed through it, so apologies if already discussed/answered.
I am a bit confused. I am LT GOLD with AA and stopped flying 1W, move to STAR.
the original announcement says that I would get bonus AAdvantage miles when staying at Hyatt, the new announcement/table only says I can earn earn WOH Points when I fly AA.
Or am I missing something?

Thanks!

Originally Posted by schor662
It appears that we can now link our World of Hyatt account to our American Airlines accounts as shown in the screenshot attached. I was able to successfully link my accounts together. I'll report back when any of my stays at Hyatt generate AA points.
Originally Posted by danger
AAdvantage
  • In addition to World of Hyatt points earned through Hyatt hotel stays, AAdvantage Gold, Platinum, Platinum Pro, Executive Platinum and ConciergeKey members will be able to earn one AAdvantage bonus mile for every eligible dollar spent at qualifying Hyatt properties.
  • On top of earning more miles, American’s invitation-only ConciergeKey members will receive World of Hyatt Globalist status as a new way to extend the care provided throughout the entire travel journey.
World of Hyatt
  • In addition to AAdvantage miles earned by flying on American, World of Hyatt Discoverist, Explorist and Globalist members will be able to earn one World of Hyatt bonus point for every eligible dollar spent on qualifying American flights.
Unique to this collaboration, AAdvantage Platinum, Platinum Pro and Executive Platinum members, and Explorist and Globalist World of Hyatt members will also have the opportunity to participate in limited time status challenges. Upon registering, these elite members will be able to immediately enjoy their new loyalty benefits in the reciprocal program tier as they work to maintain that elite tier status. AAdvantage elite members will have access to World of Hyatt elite status benefits, including a dedicated check-in area, late check-out upon request, room upgrades and free premium internet. World of Hyatt elite members will have access to AAdvantage elite status benefits such as priority boarding, free checked bags, free preferred seats and more.

http://newsroom.hyatt.com/index.php?s=20295&item=123803
Old May 15, 2019, 9:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by 59Impala
Could not find the answer in this thread, honestly only quickly browsed through it, so apologies if already discussed/answered.
I am a bit confused. I am LT GOLD with AA and stopped flying 1W, move to STAR.
the original announcement says that I would get bonus AAdvantage miles when staying at Hyatt, the new announcement/table only says I can earn earn WOH Points when I fly AA.
Or am I missing something?

Thanks!
AA elites earn miles when staying at Hyatt hotels.

WoH elites earn points when flying AA (and crediting the flight to AAdvantage)

You must be elite in one or the other to link accounts...
Old May 15, 2019, 10:05 am

Programs: AA Plat/2MM, DL Silver, UA Silver (via Marr), Marr LTT, HH Gold (via cc), Hyatt Disc
deleted
Old May 15, 2019, 10:29 am
formerly a193991
Hyatt 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist; LX SEN (*A Gold), AA LTG, SBB-CFF-FFS First Class GA
Originally Posted by craigthemif
AA elites earn miles when staying at Hyatt hotels.

WoH elites earn points when flying AA (and crediting the flight to AAdvantage)

You must be elite in one or the other to link accounts...

Thanks - I was successful in linking.... I am elite in both programs Gold AA and LT GLOB (soon). Since I don't fly AA (except burning the miles), I will hence earn AAdvantage miles when staying. These are bonus points, right, so in addition to the WOH points I get.... and I do not need to select the option to earn miles in WOH, Correct? a bit confusing
Old May 15, 2019, 1:07 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA ExPlat, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Spire, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by skj
They could very well be getting TSUs, but there’s no way they’re getting Lifetime Globalist. That sounds like a programming glitch.
Old May 15, 2019, 1:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by dave_261
Did a search of this thread and didn't see anything... Just did the link and my Hyatt status now shows 'Lifetime Globalist' and 'valid through lifetime'. Seems illogical that they would make this a lifetime perk, but hey, I'm not complaining.
Congrats! I hope it sticks for you. Lifetime globalist is a great status! Worth much more than lifetime airline status IMO.
Old May 15, 2019, 2:14 pm

Originally Posted by joe_miami

They could very well be getting TSUs, but there’s no way they’re getting Lifetime Globalist. That sounds like a programming glitch.
Yep... a mere few hours later... my lifetime status is now 'only' through February 2021. Where do I send my complaint for this terrible treatment!
Old May 15, 2019, 2:17 pm
Suspended

Yep... a mere few hours later... my lifetime status is now 'only' through February 2021. Where do I send my complaint for this terrible treatment!
Haha. When you go to Hyatt, My Account, and then My Awards, does it show anything in the "Free Upgrades" section?
Old May 15, 2019, 2:31 pm

Originally Posted by joe_miami
Haha. When you go to Hyatt, My Account, and then My Awards, does it show anything in the "Free Upgrades" section?
Yes- it shows 2 available.
Old May 15, 2019, 2:34 pm
Suspended

Yes- it shows 2 available.
Interesting. I wonder if that was supposed to happen as part of the AA partnership or if it's a relic of the Lifetime Globalist glitch that was corrected.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.