Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt and American Airlines announce enhanced loyalty benefits

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 21, 2023, 9:03 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: TravelinSperry
Note: According to multiple data points on Nov 2023 - Hyatt stays that earn AA Loyalty Point accrual hit AA accounts on Tuesdays (and take up to 5-7 business days overall). To be eligible for Hyatt accrual you need AA status (gold or better) and you receive 1 Loyalty Point for every base $ spent at Hyatt.

Print Wikipost

Hyatt and American Airlines announce enhanced loyalty benefits

Search this Thread

Old May 13, 2019, 11:17 pm

Yeah I just meant actually EARNING either one, not counting gifted versions.
Old May 13, 2019, 11:33 pm

Programs: Hyatt Lifetime Globalist
Take your World of Hyatt Globalist status to the next level and enjoy free AAdvantage® Platinum status for 3 months after you register.

Elevate your AAdvantage® status through January 31, 2021, by earning the required Elite Qualifying Dollars (EQDs) and either the required Elite Qualifying Miles (EQMs) or Elite Qualifying Segments (EQSs) between the date you register and the date 3 months after you register:

• $1,000 EQDs and either 7,000 EQMs or 8 EQSs for Gold
  • $2,000 EQDs and either 12,500 EQMs or 16 EQSs for Platinum
  • $3,000 EQDs and either 20,000 EQMs or 24 EQSs for Platinum Pro
  • $5,000 EQDs and either 35,000 EQMs or 40 EQSs for Executive Platinum

Rules:

Qualifying EQDs, EQMs and EQSs to extend status are earned when you fly on eligible tickets for flights operated by American Airlines or marketed by American, American Eagle®, British Airways, Finnair, Iberia and Japan Airlines.

Benefits of AAdvantage® Platinum status include:

• Complimentary upgrades on flights 500 miles or less within North America (confirmed as early as 48 hours before departure)
  • Priority check-in, security and boarding
  • 8 award miles/U.S. dollar (60% bonus)
  • Complimentary access to Main Cabin Extra and Preferred seats
  • 2 free checked bags
  • oneworld® Sapphire℠ status on partner airlines
Did you know that if you reach Platinum Pro status, you get free domestic upgrades?
Old May 13, 2019, 11:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by joe_miami
and there's no way MGM Noir is more exclusive or hard to obtain than AA CK or United Global Services. Let's be serious here.
Are you kidding me? CK or GS is what, $30k PQD in a year? $35k? Certainly $50k will get you there, right?

Before Noir was invite-only, it was 1M tier credits in a year, and when it became invite-only that number went up (it was based on many factors and the requirements were not published, but I heard, minimum 2M tier credits from gambling to even be considered -- they don't care about your hotel spend) I haven't been there in a while but if the earning has not changed it's 10 tier credits per $3 coin-in at slots. So 2M tier credits is $600k coin-in. Your average slots player is on the wrong end of a 10% edge, so that's $60k of expected loss in a year. Even if they can do a little bit better in the high limit room, maybe they are swimming upstream against an 8% edge, that's an expectation of -$48k. And that's the minimum to even be considered for the status (I'm guessing that someone with $50k theo in a year has no chance). I certainly did not get Noir the first year I broke 2M tier credits (all from gambling). Just to put it in perspective, I had weekends where I was down $50k and I was on the very very low end of Noir. I didn't even get invited -- I brought it up with my host, she said it was close, and would ask for me... and I got it.

Still think it's easier to get than CK? Most noirs have lost several times a CK's annual spend in a bad weekend.

"The loyalty need not come before the status"? LOL. This is ridiculous.
You may find it ridiculous, but that's how it works. Again, my Diamond status came 2 years before I spent any significant money at Hyatt. Every program comps status to people. It's just not usually accompanied by a press release (and I guess now we know why)
Old May 13, 2019, 11:59 pm

Programs: Hyatt Lifetime Globalist
Let's say someone was hungry and crazy enough to want to earn the Exec Plat level in the quickest manner possible according to the specs below, two r/t's to SIN from my mid-west departure city for example would do the trick? Any quicker way?

Elevate your AAdvantage® status through January 31, 2021, by earning the required Elite Qualifying Dollars (EQDs) and either the required Elite Qualifying Miles (EQMs) or Elite Qualifying Segments (EQSs) between the date you register and the date 3 months after you register:

Old May 14, 2019, 12:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by LoungeLizardHugo

Rules:

Qualifying EQDs, EQMs and EQSs to extend status are earned when you fly on eligible tickets for flights operated by American Airlines or marketed by American, American Eagle®, British Airways, Finnair, Iberia and Japan Airlines.
Well now I have a decision to make. I just bought a discount first class BA ticket to India ($4500rt; great deal). At 2x EQM and 30% of miles flown as EQD, this trip would get me from zero to ExPlat.

I was planning on crediting to AS for 75k status but if I credit to AS I can get ExPlat... which is OW Emerald, right? I plan on doing a lot of award travel next year, mostly on OW (lots of AS and AA miles)... that emerald status would be nice. I could finally get into those first class lounges when flying intra-Asia flights that don't have an F cabin.

The thing is, it earns 100k RDM on AS, and I really don't want to give that up...
Old May 14, 2019, 12:41 am
Suspended

Programs: AA ExPlat, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Spire, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by LoungeLizardHugo
Let's say someone was hungry and crazy enough to want to earn the Exec Plat level in the quickest manner possible according to the specs below, two r/t's to SIN from my mid-west departure city for example would do the trick? Any quicker way?

I just received this same offer.

The "quickest" way would be to spend $5,000 EQD on a flight(s). Otherwise, somewhat oddly, AA allows people to mileage-run status by flying on partner airlines, which can yield up to 30% EQD based on miles flown rather than dollars spent.
Old May 14, 2019, 2:57 am

Programs: UA Premier Gold (*G), IHG Platinum & Hyatt Discoverist
My AAdvantage offer as an Explorist:

​​​​​​
Get free Gold status

Register by Sep 30, 2019
Take your World of Hyatt Explorist status to the next level and enjoy free AAdvantage® Gold status for 3 months after you register.

Keep your AAdvantage® Gold status through January 31, 2021 by earning the required Elite Qualifying Dollars (EQDs) and either the required Elite Qualifying Miles (EQMs) or Elite Qualifying Segments (EQSs) between the date you register and the date 3 months after you register:
$1,000 EQDs and either 7,000 EQMs or 8 EQSs
Rules:
  • Benefits of AAdvantage® Gold status include:
  • Complimentary upgrades on flights 500 miles or less within North America (confirmed as early as 24 hours before departure)
  • Priority check-in, security and boarding
  • 7 award miles/U.S. dollar (40% bonus)
  • Complimentary access to Preferred seats
  • 1 free checked bag
  • oneworld® Ruby℠ status on partner airlines
Old May 14, 2019, 6:18 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
As no AA status and WoH Globalist, I got the following AA offer in email:
(Moral of the story is - DO NOT register right away. Wait until you have flights and then see if you can qualify for status. Register by 9/30 if you're not sure)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Because you are a Globalist member, you now have the opportunity to enjoy AAdvantage® Platinum status while working to achieve up to Executive Platinum status through January 31, 2021.
Once you've linked your accounts, please allow 1-2 days to view this offer in your AAdvantage® account. Be sure to register by September 30, 2019.

At the AA page here:
https://www.aa.com/aadvantage-progra...ile/promotions

Old May 14, 2019, 6:26 am

Programs: AA Gold; Hyatt Exp.; Hilton/Marriott Gold; CSR; Citi Prestige; Amex Plat, EDP, Gold, etc.
I'm curious how long it takes after registering for the Globalist or Explorist offers (that include an immediate upgrade to Plat or Gold status, respectively) for the AAdvantage account to reflect the updated status. I'd like to register as close as possible to my next flight, but also want to be sure that the flight counts toward the challenge and, less importantly, that I get elite benefits for that first segment. It would be helpful if someone for whom it makes sense to register immediately would share how long it takes for their status to be upgraded in AA's systems. Thanks.
Old May 14, 2019, 8:19 am
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

I’ve just deleted a bunch of posts that are just bickering between members. Please return to the thread topic of the partnership between Hyatt and aa and not argue about semantics. Thank you!!

peteropny - co-mod- Hyatt
Markie, Coathanger and craigthemif like this.
Old May 14, 2019, 12:50 pm

Originally Posted by JeffMIA
It would be helpful if someone for whom it makes sense to register immediately would share how long it takes for their status to be upgraded in AA's systems. Thanks.
For me, immediately. It actually errored out when I clicked on Register, but after I logged out/back-in it reflected Plat status and I was able to select an MCE seat for an upcoming flight.
JeffMIA likes this.
Old May 14, 2019, 1:03 pm

Received the email too. Ex Plat or credit to AS/CX? Gonna flip a coin on this one, I guess. In my view, CKs getting Glob isn't such a big deal, if they aren't given the TSUs.
Old May 14, 2019, 1:25 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA ExPlat, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Spire, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Visconti
... In my view, CKs getting Glob isn't such a big deal, if they aren't given the TSUs.
Do we know one way or the other? I know TSUs are now based on nights rather than status, but Hyatt could always make exceptions.
united 1k flyer likes this.
Old May 15, 2019, 12:52 am

Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat
Received the Gold fast track offer, even though I dont hold any status currently on AA I will pass on the offer. For Platinum I might have done some AA flying pro or EXP for sure but Gold just doesnt do a thing for me

But I am sure its a nice addittion to domestic members 👍
Old May 15, 2019, 6:58 am

Programs: AA Plat/2MM, DL Silver, UA Silver (via Marr), Marr LTT, HH Gold (via cc), Hyatt Disc
Originally Posted by Dsnow0819
Names must be identical. My AA account has my middle name and I had the same problem.
Ditto, although the site says only 1st and last names need to match. I also see "Mr." in my Hyatt profile which is not in my AA profile. Sent an email yesterday, hope it gets resolved sooner than later as I have an AA flight tomorrow and would like to get Hyatt points.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.