Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt and American Airlines announce enhanced loyalty benefits

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 21, 2023, 9:03 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: TravelinSperry
Note: According to multiple data points on Nov 2023 - Hyatt stays that earn AA Loyalty Point accrual hit AA accounts on Tuesdays (and take up to 5-7 business days overall). To be eligible for Hyatt accrual you need AA status (gold or better) and you receive 1 Loyalty Point for every base $ spent at Hyatt.

Print Wikipost

Hyatt and American Airlines announce enhanced loyalty benefits

Search this Thread

Old Mar 11, 2019, 9:41 pm

Exclamation globalist devluation

Globalists should email [email protected] and let management know it is ridiculous to give away globalist status to 10,000+ people when we are loyal and stay 60 nights!! Hyatt will reconsider if a bunch of us email and let them know this is absolutely ridiculous. Hyatt is becoming so bad basically like Marriott, don't they want to be better?!
cruisingmickey likes this.
Old Mar 12, 2019, 5:03 pm

Programs: AA EXP/*wood Plat/Hilton Gold/Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by antonius66
That should be obvious. Spending requirements would be a TERRIBLE idea for a hotel plan. I'll do 60 nights, but I won't scrape to spend more if I haven't spent enough after 60 nights.
If you have the spend, then what's the issue?
Old Mar 12, 2019, 10:48 pm

Good idea @bmcarr A few of my friends have done so already. I understand this is FT, but I think it is also ridiculous Hyatt is letting people manufacture spend Globalist status on the new CC. I don't feel that is fair either.
Old Mar 15, 2019, 7:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP LT GLD 1MM, BA GLD, NH/UA*G, Hyatt Dia, Marr Tit LT PLT, IHG Spire,HH Dia, MGM NOIR,Hertz PC
Originally Posted by bmcarr
Globalists should email [email protected] and let management know it is ridiculous to give away globalist status to 10,000+ people when we are loyal and stay 60 nights!! Hyatt will reconsider if a bunch of us email and let them know this is absolutely ridiculous. Hyatt is becoming so bad basically like Marriott, don't they want to be better?!
Hyatt doesn't give a sh#t about what their customers say. The last years should have taught you that!

That being said I used to be up in arms about Hyatt messing things up and now have resorted to only using about a dozen hotels per year to do all my stays. At all of these properties they will treat a "regular Globalist" much better in terms of upgrades than a newcomer. I'm not concerned!

What really annoys me is that AAdvantage doesn't give us ANYTHING tangible. Very one sided "partnership" if you can call it that.
Markie and MarkOK like this.
Old Mar 18, 2019, 5:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

You don't know what AA will give you.

But, again, OBVIOUSLY Hyatt wants to get people who spend $30k, $40k, $50k or more per year on airfare as customers. If you were a hotel chain, wouldn't you? It's not that they do not care what their customers think (WoH is an amazing program IMO). It's that they want to count these people as customers!

There is not a loyalty program out there that does not comp staus to high valued customers. It's just not always public.
Old Mar 19, 2019, 8:03 pm

Programs: AA EXP (AC), DL G (SC), Bonvoy LTP, & IHG AMB
Originally Posted by blitzkriegs
If you have the spend, then what's the issue?
Marriott Rew... ermm "Bonvoy" already opened this Pandora's box with a published spend requirement for top tier. I agree; I don't really see the issue. Much like my EXP status, I'm fretting EQMs for status re-op, not EQDs. Ditto for hotels.

Originally Posted by skywalkerLAX
Hyatt doesn't give a sh#t about what their customers say. The last years should have taught you that!

That being said I used to be up in arms about Hyatt messing things up and now have resorted to only using about a dozen hotels per year to do all my stays. At all of these properties they will treat a "regular Globalist" much better in terms of upgrades than a newcomer. I'm not concerned!

What really annoys me is that AAdvantage doesn't give us ANYTHING tangible. Very one sided "partnership" if you can call it that.
Is this statement speculative or declarative? How does a front-line associate know who the 'regular Globalists' are? I know at Four Seasons, they track return visits, but I didn't think Hyatt did this. At some properties, WoH status is barely acknowledged, let alone the route to such exalted heights.
Old Mar 20, 2019, 5:26 am
skj

Programs: UA 2MM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by CHOPCHOP767
How does a front-line associate know who the 'regular Globalists' are? I know at Four Seasons, they track return visits, but I didn't think Hyatt did this. At some properties, WoH status is barely acknowledged, let alone the route to such exalted heights.
Of course Hyatt tracks this information. Whether a property or a front desk agent does anything with it is another question.
Old Mar 20, 2019, 6:25 pm

Programs: Marriott LT Tit; Hyatt Explorist; Hilton CC Gold; IHG CC Plt; Hertz (MR) 5 star
Originally Posted by CHOPCHOP767
Is this statement speculative or declarative? How does a front-line associate know who the 'regular Globalists' are? I know at Four Seasons, they track return visits, but I didn't think Hyatt did this. At some properties, WoH status is barely acknowledged, let alone the route to such exalted heights.
Declarative, depending on the property.
I've been greeted with, 'welcome back' at a HR I stay at often.
I used to stay at the HR LAX often and was asked frequently, 'is this your first stay here'?
There are also more than a few reports on this forum of people being acknowledged by the FDC as one of their top 50 guests at various hotels.

So I'll speculate that it depends on what automatically populates on the FDC's screen when you check in. Some properties likely have previous stays automatically populate.
Old Mar 21, 2019, 6:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I had comped diamond/globalist staus for 2 years, with maybe 3-4 stays during those 2 years. I was treated exactly the same as I was last year when I actually started staying at Hyatt, and as I am now that I "earned" the status.

As far as I can tell, there is no difference in treatment between comped and earned status, nor should there be. The reason that they are comping someone the status is to try to get their business. It would make no sense to mistreat someone while trying to get their business.
Old Mar 22, 2019, 7:18 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
With the free Discoverist status I get through my Chase United Club card going away next year the timing on this is perfect. I genuinely like staiyng at Hyatts and with a lucrative status offer combined with my annoyance at Marriott post merger I wouldn't mind shifting some business.
Old Mar 22, 2019, 9:00 pm

Originally Posted by skj
Of course Hyatt tracks this information. Whether a property or a front desk agent does anything with it is another question.
They track a whole lot more. One front desk agent showed me what she could see (I stayed there often). My preference in terms of tea was the first thing that popped up. Now I know why i get all these comments about "Tazo tea" (I dislike the brand)-most recently at a HC where they gave a me a box of another brand, commenting that they know I don't like Tazo.
Old May 13, 2019, 3:19 pm

Programs: AA Gold, United Silver, SPG/Marriott Platinum, Hyatt Globalist
It appears that we can now link our World of Hyatt account to our American Airlines accounts as shown in the screenshot attached. I was able to successfully link my accounts together. I'll report back when any of my stays at Hyatt generate AA points.
Old May 13, 2019, 3:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1MM, WN CP, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Gold, IC Plat
Not as good as the old MLife status match but better than nothing and hopefully there will be some good fast track offers from AA that are better than the long standing AA challenge offers which require up front payment.

Good to see more partnerships moving into the now-gutted UA/Marriott and DL/SPG space.
Old May 13, 2019, 4:15 pm

Programs: DL gold; UA - 1k; AA gold; Marriott Platinum; Hyatt Diamond; SPG gold; Groupon Falcon;
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Even if there's just one CK member, if I lose a suite upgrade to that person, it's one too many CK members being given Glob status without earning it.

Now if Globs were given EXP status for free, it might seem more fair. The proposed rules on this make it far too one sided.
For an apparent economist, I think you are being quite simple.

Maybe, just maybe, Hyatt is using this like it used hotel status matches 10 years ago, targeting those who have a track record of very significant, high dollar travel. If one of the supposedly unworthy recipients makes use of the match only, say 10 nights, Hyatt is out little and virtuous Globalists who earned Globalist the hard way will hardly notice the presence of these customers. If they actually stay enough nights in 2020 to requalify, that is great for Hyatt - especially if those nights would have been on another chain's beds.

Hyatt obviously did not do this for existing globalists. Nor do I think they did this for Conceirge Key members. Rather, they did this for Hyatt, which surely loves this opportunity to market itself to a proven high dollar clientele.

Stop whining.
Old May 13, 2019, 4:40 pm

Programs: AA Gold, United Silver, SPG/Marriott Platinum, Hyatt Globalist
Just got an email from Hyatt that includes the following:

Because you are a Globalist member, you now have the opportunity to enjoy AAdvantage® Platinum status while working to achieve up to Executive Platinum status through January 31, 2021.

Once you've linked your accounts, please allow 1-2 days to view this offer in your AAdvantage® account. Be sure to register by September 30, 2019.

If you currently have Executive Platinum status in AAdvantage®, you will not be eligible to participate in this offer.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.